How long can you leave a tank sit ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

twintrades

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2014
Northern wisconsin
Just was thinking tonight....... Is there any issues with leaving a tank sit for a day, or more ?

Just wondering if i should dump out tanks were not using daily. Started with just 2 CE-4's Now have 5 of them and 2 Evod's. I switch out 2 tanks during the day depending on what i want to vape. But my wife tends to just stick to one tank and mixes flavors to see if any combos seem good.

Thoughts on it ?

TheJakeBailey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Austin,TX, USA
I think i can usually leave a tank alone for about 1 minute... unless I'm sleeping. If I'm sleeping i probably leave it alone for 6-8 hours. ;)

If you ever get into rebuilding coils and use an organic material like cotton or hemp, you can run into issues as they will rot/decay. I'm not sure how long cilica lasts, but probably long enough that none of us will ever find out.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've left CE4s wet for six months, found them and vaped them with no issues. I have not done that with cotton wicks, but I doubt they would deteriorate in six months.

I try to be a bit careful with old mixed juices and flavorings generally. PG is good for five years at room temperature. VG is good for two years. Flavorings could be less though, so I try to not buy more of those or mixed juice (when I was buying that) than I will use in a year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread