Not open for further replies.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Hi Josh, welcome to the ECF.

First do you smoke or use smokeless tobacco? Is so what do you smoke, dip or chew? Id not why is it that you want to vape?

Second I would not go with a cigalike (one that looks like a real cigarette) because they don't perform as well as other PVs (another name for an e-cig). I spend a bit more and get an ego kit that comes wit clearomizers (even if it is one of the clones sold on Fasttech.com for around 25.00 for a starter kit.) It will give you better flavor, more vapor and, be a lot easier to refill with the juices of your choice than the one you linked.

Skillet

Aug 3, 2013
Australia
I currently don't smoke at all, in my whole life I've smoked about 1-2 packs but that was like a year ago. That's why most of the links lead to non-nicotine cartridges, simply because I don't really need the nicotine and just the flavor and vapor etc.

I chose these cartridges etc. because they were really cheap, basically that's the main reason I chose these.
But for a starter, what kind of electronic cigarette do you recommend? For me it's more about the flavor (not nessesary to be the flavor of a "real cigarette" but a flavor like strawberry, vanilla, peach etc. seems nice). And I read a bit about e-liquid or e-juice, how long would a 30ml bottle last?

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Cartridges are about the most expensive way to Vape

Cartridge - 6 drops E-liquid.

Cartomizer - 30 Drops e-liquid
Cartomizer includes heating element
Cartomizer can be topped up several times

Check e-liquid pricing

And I suggest if you Don't smoke - Don't Vape.
Why fake it?:blink:

Last edited:

Skillet

Aug 3, 2013
Australia
Wow, how long would those 30 drops last then, and what'd be the best place to buy them? (I live in Australia and I can't import e-liquid which contains nicotine or cartridges which do)

And about the "fake" part, how'd I be faking it? Just because I chose an e-cig which looks like a real one? I just went with that one because you'd get 2 for like $10 and it seemed cheap to me for a starter, that's all. ;D I just want to see what vaping's like.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hi

I know this stuff. While it might be ok to try the kit it would be overkill to buy all those cartridges. This is a "3 piece" design - battery atomizer and cartridges. The real Achilles heel here is the atomizer. With any e-cig like this, sooner or later the atomizer fails. Once it does - you can't get a replacement from DealExtreme. A poorly made atomizer might last... an hour. A good one may last for weeks or even months. That's true of any atomizer. But this entire experience from DX.com would all be hanging on that. Buy 50 or 100 cartridges - what do you do with them if the atomizer pops in a week? No "real" places use the threading connector on these - so no help getting replacements elsewhere.

Those particular cartridges? Might give you the equivalent of 2 to 3 cigarettes each. That's it. They have a small liquid chamber inside that is only about 1/3 of the overall size of the cartridge itself. Refillable? Sorta. If you don't mess up the foil seal inside too much just from inserting on the atty. They aren't compatible with more conventional e-cigs.

So you could try it, just be aware that once an atty pops or a battery dies the only way to replace anything is to buy another complete kit. It's going to be a very limited experience.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
You may want to poke around here to see what people are doing => Australia - New Zealand Forum

You guys have a lot of specific things that factor in to what to get and where. The customs issues, international $$$ shipping, is "it" available in Australia or do you have to buy outside the country... May give you a better idea what your Aussie options are and how much it will set you back.

Last edited:

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
curiosity killed the cat. so you don't smoke but you want to vape for the fun of it?

I would not suggest anything that looks like a cigarette...you end up wasting good money for nothing and end up buying something better in the end.

Might I suggest a 1300 mAh variable voltage spinner
the higher the mAh the longer the battery life, variable voltage is nice because with different juice delivery systems different volts make it taste better as well as with different juices different volts taste better.

You can buy a 1300 mAh vv spinner for about $25 usd just about anywhere and get one in your color choice then go cheap and buy the usb charger and then buy and evod (bottom coil device, warm vape) and a vivi nova (top coil device, cool vape) from fasttech for dirt cheap and now have your own personalized "kit" for under $40 usd. And then purchase no nic juices.

Skillet

Aug 3, 2013
Australia
Also, I just need some more information on how long this'd last, since I don't really know much about that part yet.. Like, the juice and all that.

http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-610.html
Just looked into that for a bit, how long would a bottle like that last?
I don't really smoke so I'm not even sure how much I'd consume a day of it.

Last edited:
Josh, this is a piece of unasked for advice. Don't buy any equipment or juice. Use this forum to find some local vapors, meet up, and give theirs a try. You have no reason to start vaping and a good reason not to.

You don't say your age, only that you smoked maybe one or two packs of cigarettes over your whole life, you have no cravings for nicotine, and it's been a year since you smoked at all. Unless you are truly feeling that you are going to start smoking tobacco again, don't start vaping. Why not? Because there are no long-term, scientific studies as to the safety of some of the substances that we're all inhaling.

All of us long time smokers know the difference between vaping and the effects of smoking. We sat up in the mornings and coughed until the green phlegm came out. We saw people trying to hold their breath in the elevator so they wouldn't smell our stink. We listened while a doctor told us what that x-ray might mean and wondered how we'd tell our loved ones. We're all scientists in our knowledge of tobacco.

And we know that compared to it, vaping lets us go for a run in the morning. The only thing we might smell of is sweat. Enlightened doctors encourage us and pass out information about vaping to their patients. But I'm also not kidding myself. Were I not replacing cigarettes with vaping I'd never put anything into my lungs but air.

You mentioned some great flavors. Forget the e-liquid. Go spend the money on some vanilla ice cream with strawberries and peaches on top. :) Hope what I've said was okay, Josh. I wish you the best in whatever you do.

Skillet

Aug 3, 2013
Australia
Well what'd be wrong with vaping for the fun of it?
Thanks for the information, but I am just curious on vaping etc. :)
I just want to vape to kill some time, for example while watching a movie or something like that,and sometimes I just think "well a cigarette would be nice right now". From what I've read, it's not harmful so isn't it worth giving it a try?

How long would a 30ml bottle last?

Last edited:

rotku

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2012
columbus, oh
Well what'd be wrong with vaping for the fun of it?
Thanks for the information, but I am just curious on vaping etc. :)
I just want to vape to kill some time, for example while watching a movie or something like that. From what I've read, it's not harmful so isn't it worth giving it a try?

How long would a 30ml bottle last?
Well I second marchingon's advice including the part "Why not? Because there are no long-term, scientific studies as to the safety of some of the substances that we're all inhaling.". That being said... if you are really wanting to try it on the cheap, you can get 510 cig-a-likes from Fasttech and a number of other vendors. Again, you might check out the Aussie vape forum since there are regulations. A 30ml bottle would last about 15 days of moderate use.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Everyone has their reasons why they vape, though most of us used to smoke cigarettes and are trying to quit and/or drastically cut down on our chances of dying very unpleasantly. While vaping might seem fun, there are still a lot of long term unknowns and it takes time and money to keep refurbishing and buying new supplies.

Everyone here is giving you good advice so heed the warning when you make your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread