How long do these cartridges last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skillet

Aug 3, 2013
Australia
Everyone has their reasons why they vape, though most of us used to smoke cigarettes and are trying to quit and/or drastically cut down on our chances of dying very unpleasantly. While vaping might seem fun, there are still a lot of long term unknowns and it takes time and money to keep refurbishing and buying new supplies.

Everyone here is giving you good advice so heed the warning when you make your decision.

I am, and I really appreciate all of the help loads! :)

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Okay quick question, what's the difference between VG and PG liquids?

IIRC.....PG tends to be a bit thicker than VG and thus less likely to drip where it shouldn't....
VG tends to create more vapor than PG...this MIGHT cause more throat irritation....YMMV, of course...
Keep in mind....I've only been vaping for a week myself....so others more sage may chime in with clarifications/corrections...
Happy vaping in the Land of Oz!!;)

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
If you're determined to try vaping, and as a way to avoid taking up smoking because you're looking for something to do, get one these kits from Charlie at Vaping Cobra:

Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit - Cobra Kit C | eGo-T

This is a basic kit that will work well enough to satisfy your curiosity. It's reasonably useful, but is not too expensive if you just want something to use every now and then instead of buying a packet of cigarettes. The kit includes two small bottles of flavours that you select. Get the single strength flavours in 70%PG/30%VG.

You can also select extra flavours from their ready-to-vape section.

These guys are very good and can answer your questions. I placed an order with them on Sunday night and received the Auspost express package in Mackay on Tuesday morning.

I'll second what other people are telling you. It's better to Vape than to smoke, but it's better not to do either on a long term basis. If you vape with no nicotine then it will not be chemically addictive the way tobacco is.

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
evod (bottom coil device, warm vape) and a vivi nova (top coil device, cool vape)

I believe you have that backwards. With a top coil device the vapor has a shorter distance to travel than a bottom coil device and thus it would be warmer in comparison.

On a side note a bottom coil device the vapor is going up through a tube in the middle of the tank. So the liquid in the tank is also going to wick away some of the heat from the vapor.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
IIRC.....PG tends to be a bit thicker than VG and thus less likely to drip where it shouldn't....
VG tends to create more vapor than PG...this MIGHT cause more throat irritation....YMMV, of course...
Keep in mind....I've only been vaping for a week myself....so others more sage may chime in with clarifications/corrections...
Happy vaping in the Land of Oz!!;)

PG gives more of a throat hit than VG and carries flavors well. VG is thicker, creates more vapor and slightly sweetens. Also VG doesn't carry a flavor as well as PG.

It is known that some people have adverse reactions to PG so their only option is to use 100% VG blends.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I believe you have that backwards. With a top coil device the vapor has a shorter distance to travel than a bottom coil device and thus it would be warmer in comparison.

On a side note a bottom coil device the vapor is going up through a tube in the middle of the tank. So the liquid in the tank is also going to wick away some of the heat from the vapor.

hahaha you are right....lack of sleep, too much sinus meds and shots of jager to burn gunk outta throat don't mix so well...makes the brain all mushy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread