how many of you simply pour in juice to refill rather than cleaning the tank each time?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by paulw2014, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. paulw2014

paulw2014 Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran

I simply put in new juice and mix it with whatever juice I have remaining when refilling the vivi nova. Sometimes the remaining juice is darker than fresh juice but I mix them anyway since it's so much easier. I only clean my clearo every four or five tanks. I cannot stand cleaning every tank.

Or are you supposed to waste the remaining juice and always start with a fresh new tankful?

2. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I do it the same as you. When I need to clean the head, every two to five tankfuls depending on the juice, I run the juice pretty low and then toss the rest, wash and dry burn. Works for me :thumb:

3. Stosh

Stosh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I do the same, clean the tank after 4-5 fills. Most of my juices are crystal clear and only darken slightly or the course of 4-5 tanks, likely from the heat of the coil oxidizing the nicotine. Taste wise I'm never seen a difference between a new clean tank, or a refilled tank.

4. PhreakySTS9

PhreakySTS9 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

All I vape 99% of the time is DIY unflavored juice in my Penelope so I don't really have much reason to clean the tank out. If I am going to go from one flavored juice to another flavor or unflavored, what I will do is just pour straight PG in the tank, shake it up and pour it out. Rinse wash and repeat one or two more times and voila!

5. crxess

crxess ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Device dependent.
    Most get cleaned every few tanks.
    Ithaka's seem to handle things longer without issues.

6. bhswmc01

bhswmc01 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Depends on the juice. If I switch to a dramatically different flavor, I'll clean the tank first. Otherwise I'll go thru a few refills, and clean when the juice starts getting really dark.

7. jacob1174

jacob1174 Full Member

I'm with you. I used to clean out my tank and coil after each tankfull. But I've given up on that because I don't notice the flavor difference when I switch to a different flavor. The only time when I clean the tank is when the coil gives out. I figure the nic doesn't change, so why should I care about a little flavor mix.

8. Recycled Roadkill

Recycled Roadkill Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Yesterday I ordered a custom mix at my local B&M vapor shop, steeped and ready to go when I picked it up today. I did clean the tank and replaced the wick to get a clean unadulterated test of what I'd bought.

Other than that I'll mix them rather than unnecessarily waste of drop of that of juice if I can help it.

I'm not cheap, I'm just frugal!

Okay, I'm cheap. :)

9. Cool_Breeze

Cool_Breeze Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I keep rewicked heads around and change them when needed. Otherwise, I 'usually' try to refill with the same flavor of juice. If I don't, that's okay. When I change heads, I rinse the Vivi Nova-like hardware, pop in a new head and go on. Higher voltages/wattages produce more dark juice. Sometimes I shake that out of the device before refilling.

10. PhreakySTS9

PhreakySTS9 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Unless you're either A) switching to a flavor that tastes REALLY gross mixed with the previous flavor or B) switching to flavorless, I personally wouldn't bother. Though I will say that going from a tobacco flavor on a silica RBA like my Penelope, Oddy, etc. to flavorless is NASTY. Once the flavor disappears it generally has a gross kind of slightly burnt, musty taste to it. I can put a single tank full sometimes of tobacco after using my standard flavorless and the wick will sometimes be ruined and will taste nasty until I replace it.

11. OzarkTroutBum

OzarkTroutBum Super Member ECF Veteran

Wait.......

You can clean them????

12. ch1naski

ch1naski Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran

Rarely do I clean my tanks....unless there is some really pungent leftover taste that won't go away. then I clean the tank and switch out the wick/carto/ coil (whichever it is atm) with it.

I've found that banana flavor often calls for a cleaning afterwards....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

13. el Jexican

el Jexican Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have two RBAs (third on the way) with my two favorite liquids which I don't clean all that often because the liquid in them never changes and a couple of brotanks and BCCs wich I rotate differen't flavors in when I'm feel like living life on the edge....I tend to clean those out after every tank, but I don't go through them very fast so its not bad at all.

14. DKP#

DKP# Super Member ECF Veteran

I clean my nova about once a week when I dry burn it. That's about 50ml, but i diy high PG low flavor that's clear.

15. FlamingoTutu

FlamingoTutu Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yikes. I guess I'm a slob. I pretty much only vape DIY lime now. 16mg or 0mg, two seperate taks. Mini Davides seem to hold about half a ml, lol, so am always refilling. Coils need to be changed every 7-10+ days. I'd spend all my time at the sink if I cleaned them every couple of tanks. Switching flavors, usually clean the tank though lime coffee isn't as bad as it sounds.

16. suspectK

suspectK Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Unless it's a thick liquid, or it's been a while since I've rinsed them, I just put liquid in the tank. I always change my cartomizer with a new flavor. Smoktek is banking off of people like me. ..

17. rhm3769

rhm3769 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Ive had my mini protank almost a month now and its only been emptied once.... I rotate flavors throughout the day.... the new flavor compliments the majority of the grog mix and the next one compliments the new mix.... once I can't handle the taste I stop rotating and either start adding in menthol or the same flavor....

Ive noticed a menthol/cinnamon liquid follows a ry4 pretty nice and vanilla follows that, usually.... so o intend to only run empty and clean if I want a pure flavor, but work and everything does not work well with that, so far....

18. Nermal

Nermal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I've gotten to where I clean between flavor changes. I once had a visible quantity of some tobacco flavor or other, and filled up with "juicy fruit". OMG! It were heineous, and I haven't mixed like that again. In fact, it was so bad, I never went back to that juicy fruit in a clean tank, either.

19. CommaHolly

CommaHolly Vaping Master ECF Veteran

man, some of you are good,,,,,,

every tankful???????

I'd be cleaning mine 5x a day!!!! (I vape a good 15 mil a day),,,,,,

no way,,,,,,,I clean it about 2x a week and dry burn it about once a week,,,,,,,,,never have any problems,,,,,,not yet anyway.

20. dwc2134

dwc2134 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I clean my tanks whenever I change the flavor of juice or swap in a new carto. I use artemas tanks almost exclusively and vape the same flavor for days or weeks on end, with occasional tanks of other flavors, so I don't need to clean very often.

: smoktek, evod, protank
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.