Dismiss Notice
ACT NOW!! Stop the FDA from banning nearly ALL vaping products from the market! Support the "Cole Bill" now: CLICK HERE for details

How much nicotine do you absorb from vaping?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by numba1quiter, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. numba1quiter

numba1quiter Full Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Are there any studies that show how much nicotine your body actually absorbs when you vape?

I read that a cigarette has about 10mg of nicotine in it, but your body actually only absorbs 10mg per cigarette. I know that there are a lot worse things in a cigarette than the nicotine, but I'm just curious if I could do some comparisons.
  2. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
  3. Drael

Drael Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2012
    New Zealand (Middle Earth, lol)
    With ruyans, e-cig, in studies they found, per puff, the 16mg/ml cartos resulted in roughly 50% of the blood absorbtion of nicotine compared to a smoked ciggarette.

So in general I would say that its a fair bit less in mini's (cig-a-likes) than with smoking based on this.

But we dont have any good science on higher wattage devices yet, you may get a bit more from those.

Still, again from ruyans study, nicotine inhalers deliver about twice as much as ciggie per puff, and I doubt personally it would ever get that high, probably more like ciggarette equivilant nic doses at best.
  4. ShayBabe15

ShayBabe15 Moved On

Jan 29, 2013
    Whatever Nicotine-mg per ml..You're absorbing roughly half of that.
  5. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I believe the studies that say we absorb 10% to 30% of the nic we got from cigarettes when we vape. It explains why we use them as pacifiers and can't lay them down for long.
  6. YKruss

YKruss Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 21, 2009
    Springfield, VA
    I agreed with Dave ^^^ that it's between 10%-30%.
    Nicotine stay in our body not for very long time based on the fact that a half life of nicotine is only 60 min so most of us are using ecigs as pacifiers.

HowStuffWorks "How Nicotine Works"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.