Status
Not open for further replies.

sanneke

Moved On
May 28, 2008
USA
:confused:what I heard from the seller I order , I was also asking him any tips to maintain the atomizer to be durable

he told me example the cart can smoke 200+ puffs , u smoke around 200 puffs than use the left over liquid to dip the atomiser to make the atomiser moist. becos atomiser when dry will spoil. wonder it works?I haven;t try because still waiting for my first e cigarette.

After I have rinsed and dried the atomizer I drop two drops of liquid straight on the atomizer.

So far so good.

I do not wash the atomizer every day, only after the draw gets really heavy.
That's maybe only once a week, if that.

Used the distilled white vinegar yesterday on my kissbox. (remember when I said I had a motor oil taste? Thought it might be the automatic switch?) Well mysteriously, my manual switch started working a few days ago. Guess what? Motor Oil taste again.

I let dnakr try it. Motor oil taste. She and I talked about the distilled white vinegar.

Yesterday I filled the atomizer almost to the top with the vinegar. Shook it around a little and repeated that process a couple of times. Then I ran it under super-i-almost-took-my-skin-off hot water for a little bit to rinse. Blew through the atomizer a few times, rinsed again. Then I used a blow dryer on cool to dry.

Put a few drops of liquid on the atomizer and it began vaping again. This time, NO MOTOR OIL TASTE. Just a very clean taste...however, I think it's a bit TOO clean. I've used a couple of different carts in it. The reg janty and the HD...but the flavor is not as strong as I like it now. I think it does need a little sludge for flavor! Kinda like putting some bacon grease on yer eggs, ya know? :p

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i am currently puffing on three different types of e cig.. one e-cig.com classic usb device.. one e-cig.com cigarillo.. one pillbox generic 901 style mini..

using the same liquid and its been the same liquid for some time they all taste taste differently.. i have no rational explanation for this but its the case..

these things have a mind of their own which is my only irrational explanation has to satisfy me..

trog

Okay update:

I added a few more drops to my HD cartridge and flavor returned. WOOT! I vaped it for quite awhile today and then...

the manual switch crapped a load again. Wasn't the atomizer. Atomizer works well with the automatic.

I think Rat was right. There may be a short in that switch.

But all is well. Jeff said when he mailed my carts, he sent the new manual switch too. Whew.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Might as well say that I think the e-cigar atomizer died while being cleaned today. I've always been wary of washing these things, but have had mixed results. Some perked up; I drowned one.

Now, I think I've killed e-cigar, my longest-lived e-device, bought back in January from DealExtreme.

E-cigar was producing tiny but tasty puffs before his cleaning. I thought maybe I could perk up the quantity of vapor by cleaning the atomizer. I looked down the cigar tube -- and that thing was filthy. Lots of gunky liquid around the atomizer shield. So I got him drunk on rubbing alcohol first. About five sloshes-to-the-wind's worth. :p

Then came a water bath, under warm water. Finally, I dried him using a hair dryer. Then I dripped onto the atomizer and put in a new cartridge.

Puff, puff. Nada. He vapes not. I fear he's vaped his last wisp. :(

I can, however, blow through the battery end and get stinky smoke from the other end. So there's hope. I'm punishing him by making him stand on end overnight. Then we'll cry tomorrow. :cry:

Now, I think I've killed e-cigar, my longest-lived e-device, bought back in January from DealExtreme.

Dude! That's like 6 or 7 months on a $23 e-gadget! That's amazing!
That was the semi-auto, right? Either you got lucky or that's really a good product. Worth posting the link for again, IMO.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
bob can only keep these things so long cos he gets his nicotine else where.. mr placebo man.. he he he

lets not get the false impression they are good devices.. bob just dosnt like to bin them.. i have just retired six e-cig pipe atomizers cos they have gone wimpish after an average of two weeks use.. i am sure they will still be wimping away in two years time now they wont get used.. so will all the other "gone wimpish" devices that have been retired and havnt actually been thrown in the bin..

the devices i have never used cos they start off wimpish in the first place will last even longer.. perhaps i might still have them in ten years.. he he he..

chuck the bloody thing away bob.. stop prolonging its mysery..

trog

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
It seems to me that a death blow for atomizers is letting liquid evaporate overnight and leave solids of crud on the atomizer.
Maybe sealing in a plastic bag or tupperware would serve them better than the overnight draining.

Might as well say that I think the e-cigar atomizer died while being cleaned today.... there's hope. I'm punishing him by making him stand on end overnight. Then we'll cry tomorrow. :cry:
If he passes, it's the end of an era. :( We'll have to make a sticky to mark this longest running atomizer among atomizers.

clavit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2008
EU
Inspired by this forum, i went ahead and got me an ultrasound cleaner!

I had a couple of atomizers for generic dse901's, that are producing next to no smoke.
Yesterday, i popped the first atomizer in the ultrasound, cleaning it with tap water (expecting it to die a painful death by drowning!). After six minutes worth of ultrasound, i did see a fair amount of oily stuff leave the atomizer, but no black crud/buildup.
After blowing it dry and priming it, i put a battery on it along with a cartridge, and hey presto: NO CHANGE :-(
However, after fiddling a bit, i did get a bit of smoke. 3 drops into the atomizer: more smoke for a short while. Last night i put in a fresh battery and cartridge, and it seemed to be coming back from the (almost dead). This morning, it's giving me a fairly decent amount of smoke, not like a new unit but definitely useable :)
I guess maybe i didn't let it dry long enough, and i had water in the steel wool, which in turn kept the e-liquid away from the heating coil.

The bottom line: Ultrasound cleaning may be a way to extend the life of a wimpy atomizer, but i'm not yet 100% convinced. More tests to follow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread