How to stay up-to-date with e-cig news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaccoonChad

Jan 15, 2010
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone here has a preferred method of consuming news and updates regarding e-cigarettes and the community? I don't mind subbing to some Youtube channels (already subbed to VWT420 and GrimmGreen), but are there any online blogs you recommend for me to stay up-to-date? RSS feeds don't scare me either, so feel free to post those, too.

Thanks!

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
E-Cigarette Forum is where I go for up-to-date news. I also watch Busardo, Grimm, Todd, Fagan, Ruby, Rip, Matt, Dimitri, etc. on youtube
The question is why should I respect opinionated opinions of Busardo, Grimm, Todd, Fagan, Ruby, Rip, Matt, Dimitri, etc.? On ECF I can learn opinions of fellow vapers whom I believe much more than above mentioned guys. And watching them on youtube is really boring (I do know, I spent may be the whole 30 min watching some of them; never again).

Reactions: jpargana

serene.in.dallas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
alien Traveler" data-source="post: 16062963" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
alien Traveler said:
The question is why should I respect opinionated opinions of Busardo, Grimm, Todd, Fagan, Ruby, Rip, Matt, Dimitri, etc.? On ECF I can learn opinions of fellow vapers whom I believe much more than above mentioned guys. And watching them on youtube is really boring (I do know, I spent may be the whole 30 min watching some of them; never again).

That makes no sense. Why should you watch a youtubers opinion compared to an opinion on ecf? They are both opinions. Are they not vapers as well? They also review a massive ammount of equipment and are not invested in it, they get free products to review and render opinions even if it is critical of the product. They have no money invested in products to bias their opinions. They also show up close videos detailing products which you cant get by looking at photos. Some might be more boring then others, some might even get into more depth, like busardo. But as a whole they do honestly rate products and review new stuff on thr market, sometimes before its for sale. I watch alot of vapers on youtube and some are better then others. I value the opinions they give, some more than others.

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ

Who said you SHOULD? It is an option for some and they offer good info, usually.

Watching their videos show me the product they're reviewing well enough for me to make my own opinion

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA

Agreed -- the only thing some of those guys have over anyone on the street is they have tried a lot of different products so have some basis for making comparisons. They do often get products before general release so they can all be a good source of information about stuff in the pipeline. Other than that, it's just entertainment lol (I don't know why but I'm addicted to watching almost all of them).

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
I give a lot of weight to the opinions of ECF members who post about their experiences with a product. I like the youtube vidoes by the aforementioned because they give me a chance to see what it looks like, how it is built, and whether it is something that will work with my vaping style. I don't respect the opinions of the youtubers any more than I respect the opinions of ECF'ers. To me they are all valid sources of information to help me. It's sort of like scoring in the Olympics. You toss out the highest scores, toss out the lowest scores, and average the rest to get a good idea on what something is worth.

Reactions: RaccoonChad

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'd rather kill myself than watch a YouTube review.

I seriously don't understand how a person can tolerate watching a video.
The written word is so much easier to peruse and wade through at your leisure.

But, I'm old school I guess.
And my attention span does not cover long YouTube videos.
:laugh:

Oh wait, short attention span is the issue with the new generations.
Yikes, then I guess I'm just a weird older guy about to turn 50 next year.

Yeah, I don't Twitter or Facebook either.
I'm a dinosaur.

Reactions: motordude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread