Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
If you're like me, there's no way in hell you would actually watch the Hallmark Channel (no offense), so you might have missed this little gem.

For the sake of knowing the hate that's out there, I watched this interview with JJ Livingstein, who has to be one of the most delusional people out there.

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:I got about halfway through and then I couldn't stomach any more of her BS. :-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

Watch it (if you can bear to). She even says that 450,000 people die every year from cigarette and NICOTINE related illnesses.

It's not the nicotine that's killing people, which is why e-cigs are 95% less harmful.

What's wrong with people???

Reactions: 4lph4num3r1c

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
There's so much misinformation in this clip that it makes me want to scream at my monitor. I'd like like to see the data on the nicotine-related illnesses that she speaks of.
I KNOW. You could tell that she knew she was full of it when she said that too because she kind of swallowed her words.

And the dumb nods of agreement from everyone on the show too. It's sad.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Well it got lots of negative comments on youtube :w00t:
You may recognise some of the faces. ;)

Published on June 7 and 482 views as this evening... <yawn>
Haha! YESSS! The comments were gold! ;)

That's one way for us to fight the crazy haters out there!

Reactions: Woofer
This is the worst thing I have seen yet. Nicotine is not as bad as heroine.... NOT AT ALL!!!!!! There are even days where I don't vape. Do I have withdrawals? NO! Do I fiend for my vape? NO!!! You are wrong Miss.

Alcohol in my vape.... HAHAHAHAHA
Formaldehyde in my vape... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OH and you can get nicotine from many vegetables and make it from synthetic. WHY ARE PEOPLE SO DUMB!!!!

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
I couldn't get to the 2 minute mark. Sickening stupidity!
SEE, I'm not the only one! When I reopened it to link in this thread, I put the volume on mute because I couldn't listen to their bs jabbering.

ModGuyMike put a killer comment on the youtube thread. Maybe if we put enough vape-friendly comments calling them out they'll take it down. haha

Reactions: Foggy Road
There are so many people bashing this on youtube! The comments on the video are absolutely amazing. The vaping community is strong and we have shown it!!!
Some of my favorite responses i have seen:

"Moronmark channel? It has a battery pack like your phones, laptops etc! Get a clue and stop lying. 95% safer than smoking and can save millions of smokers lives. Why are you misleading the public?"

"So this is what America has come to now? A life-saving product being trashed by imbeciles who don't have the slightest idea what they are talking about? Seems par for the course these days. I quit smoking 7 years ago thanks to electronic cigarettes. The Royal College of Physicians and Public Health England support their use. Yeah, Google it. Should only take a few seconds. Our government, and the haters, do not support these life-saving products/. The government does not support them because of TAXES they are losing, and Big Pharma is not happy either. The haters? I have no idea what their problem is, nor do I care to understand. They aren't worth my time, because they're just sheep who act as clueless pawns for the bigger goals of MAKING THE MONEY. It would be better if they were lemmings, and all of them went over the cliff."

"Congratulations, Hallmark Channel. This is perhaps the most extreme example of alarmist nonsense on the subject of e-cigarettes I've ever seen, and I've seen some doozies.If you short circuit a lithium ion battery it will overheat and "vent," which is exactly what occurred in that security cam clip. The battery doesn't know or care whether it's in an e-cigarette, a laptop computer, a smart phone or a flashlight. Batteries used in those devices can and do vent too. Fortunately, these incidents are extremely rare. On the other hand, house fires caused by careless smoking, many of which result in fatalities, are quite common and are of vastly greater concern. Equating e-cigarettes with combustible cigarettes in terms of health risk is a blatant falsehood. Very few, if any, of the most ardent anti-e-cigarette fanatics make that claim. According to the Royal College of Physicians, perhaps the oldest and most credible medical organization in the world, "the hazard to health arising from long-term vapour inhalation from the e-cigarettes available today is unlikely to exceed 5% of the harm from smoking tobacco." To put this in context, the Royal College was the first medical organization to take an official stance against combustible cigarettes. And saying nicotine is more addictive than ....... and ...... is sheer nonsense. When the FDA approved nicotine patches and gum for over-the-counter sales, it stated that nicotine by itself isn't particularly addictive at all. Nicotine patches and gum have been on the market for a long time. Where are all the addicts to those products? Multiple studies have shown that people getting nicotine therapy for various other conditions such as Alzheimer's, don't develop cravings for it and don't suffer withdrawal symptoms. Most users of e-cigarettes reduce their nicotine concentrations over time, some down to 0.0%. Does that sound like "more addictive than ......" to anyone?I could go on, but the bottom line is that this disgraceful little video of yours will encourage smokers to avoid e-cigarettes and keep right on smoking. You've done a great disservice to them and their families and you should be ashamed."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread