Status
Not open for further replies.

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
In my particular neck of the woods, I happen to be the only person "good" with PC's, and have people ask my ALL the time to look at, fix, help them with their computers. Now, since computers are my passion, I USUALLY have no problems with it, especially if it'll only take me a few minutes to fix/describe the fix, but it's almost insulting that no one EVER thinks to reimburse me in any way for my time. Just because I love computers and everything computer related and have spent the last 15 years of my life learning everything I can about them doesn't mean I'm not without bills/kids to feed/a family to support, and also doesn't mean that I'm unwilling to accept a bit of financial restitution for my time or some other form of "payment". I really can't bring myself to ask....but maybe I should start.
Oh good. It's nice to know it's not just my friends and family that do this. I don't hear from some of these people for several months at a time, but when I do get a call or email, it's always asking for help/advise with computers/electronics. I don't mind helping out, but they could at least buy me a beer or something. This is why, despite knowing several mechanics, I pay to have all my car work done professionally. I could get one of my buddies to blow a few hours on his day off changing my brakes, but I would never ask because it seems so rude. People just don't seem to have that filter when it comes to computers.

Sherrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Blackwater, Kentucky USA
Oh good. It's nice to know it's not just my friends and family that do this. I don't hear from some of these people for several months at a time, but when I do get a call or email, it's always asking for help/advise with computers/electronics. I don't mind helping out, but they could at least buy me a beer or something. This is why, despite knowing several mechanics, I pay to have all my car work done professionally. I could get one of my buddies to blow a few hours on his day off changing my brakes, but I would never ask because it seems so rude. People just don't seem to have that filter when it comes to computers.

Hear, Hear! ;)

mphsjeep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wow....I recieved a LR atty from them by mistake on a warranty return, called and they did send me a regular one quickly BUT the girl was like "just send it back", it just hit me the wrong way. I can afford it but was annoyed by the assumption that I was cool with driving to the post office, postage, etc. I kept it!
But i would have moments of guilt in doing so until now.
BUT I have bought alot of stuff from them.
BUT they did send the other atty that day with good faith I would return the LR.
BUT I did have two attys die within the first 4 weeks of having my kits.
BUT my mother did not raise me that way.
BUT they did screw over Eggman. I will add bad karma on their part to my justification list and be guilt free......THANKS!

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
I understand your frustration. At the same time, your exchanges with them sure sound a lot like, "You better send me some free stuff, or I'm leaving." Why, after only an order or two, do you feel that you are entitled to free stuff? Do you get free stuff from Walmart if you take something back because it didn't fit as you thought it would?
Completely agree with you. Your emails sound pretty demanding of free merchandise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread