if.then.fund ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Just found an interesting website - if.then.fund - founded by 2 people who have a history of helping people get information about congressional activities and become more involved (one of them is a former hacker who started govtrack.us )

It works like this - when a bill is up for vote in Congress, you decide your position, then

IF your congressman votes your way
THEN he gets your campaign contribution
otherwise, his opponent in the next election gets your contribution

It's a novel idea that could let crowdsourcing vote on issues with their wallets, the same way corporations do. I have doubts that it will generate big enough bucks to work, but these 2 guys seem to know what they're doing ( govtrack.us is hugely successful ) so maybe I'm wrong.

I hate that it reinforces the idea that politicians should vote the way they're paid to vote -- but that's the reality.

Just curious what you guys think.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
It reinforces the idea of "the best government money can buy" :laugh:

Yeah I know... that's partly why I can't make up my mind what I think about this.

On the one hand, it gives the appearance of legitimizing the long-held practice of politicians voting in favor of the highest bidder, but on the other hand, it's probably the best non-violent way I've seen to date to get politicians to pay attention to their constituents and do the right thing.

Ambivalence sucks. LOL

1DIZBYm.gif

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
Yeah I know... that's partly why I can't make up my mind what I think about this.

On the one hand, it gives the appearance of legitimizing the long-held practice of politicians voting in favor of the highest bidder, but on the other hand, it's probably the best non-violent way I've seen to date to get politicians to pay attention to their constituents and do the right thing.

Ambivalence sucks. LOL

View attachment 425592
Well,it seems nothing has worked so far so we might as well try this. Although It is getting to the point that our only salvation is going to be a lawsuit concerning the activites by CDC and the FDA to shamlessly distort the truth about e-cigs in an unscientific way. Not only that,but they have used taxpayer money to do so. It would help if our Senators would hold hearings on those two entities and stop some of this madness. We probably need to start a fundraising campaign to pay for a lawsuit--it will take only a Million or so dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread