Im looking for Chi-You/Nemesis magnets for switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I just placed an order for a set of 10 magnets from DX.com. Here is the link for the magnets: 10050098W Strong NdFeB Magnet Ring - Silver (10 PCS) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I got the info from a post on the Cali-V board and it was stated that these just dropped in and no modding necessary to your Delrin. I'll post back once I get them in vape mail. I hope that this D.com isn't as slow as FT (aka SlowTech) has become.

These magnets have already been tried by another member. He said they work right out of the box and no modifications are needed.

10050098W Strong NdFeB Magnet Ring - Silver (10 PCS) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Just ordered a set from that link, thanks.

I wonder if these will work on the Chi-You as well? Even if it doesn't it's still a steal, thanks!

please let us know if those magnets from DX work on the chi you clone. im looking to eliminate the wobble when the mod is placed down in the firing position (unlocked).
i always lock my mod when not in use, but for quick breaks in between puffs, id like to eliminate the slight wobble. im guessing magnets would do this, but perhaps im wrong..any opinions on this?

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
please let us know if those magnets from DX work on the chi you clone. im looking to eliminate the wobble when the mod is placed down in the firing position (unlocked).
i always lock my mod when not in use, but for quick breaks in between puffs, id like to eliminate the slight wobble. im guessing magnets would do this, but perhaps im wrong..any opinions on this?

I ordered mine for the Nemesis, but I also have a Chi-You. I fully expect them not to work on my Chi, but if they do that's a double score. Either way I'll post back once I get them and let you guys know.

dzzfzz

Sep 24, 2013
RI
Ordered as well. What do I do with the other 8 magnets?
Buy 4 more clones? Make some cool earrings? Learn magic tricks? Make anti-gravity flip flops?
Just some thoughts :)

Also, to actually contribute, according to my invoice from DealExtreme, the magnets are back ordered. Fine with me, I'm waiting for fast tech to deliver.

Last edited:

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
Ordered as well. What do I do with the other 8 magnets?

From what I've read, the magnets are fairly fragile so I would expect some breakage. It's good to have some spares on hand. Heck you could put the extras on ebay and sell them for $9 and undercut the guy selling them for $12.

scrappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Seattle
I ordered them on the 4th. They said shipped on the 6th. I still have not received them, and with the free shipping option, I did not get a tracking number. So it is just the china waiting game at this point.
I got an email from them saying they're back ordered. Still haven't received them.

scrappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Seattle
I spoke too soon. They came in today. You guys weren't kidding about how fragile these magnets are. Just letting one snap together with the rest of them was enough to shatter that one magnet. For my chemesis I used 3 magnets. Two on the top and one on the bottom. I tried it the other way but they're strong enough to make my mod stick to anything metal I set it down on. I flipped them around and problems solved.

vansslipon

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
Tallinn, Estonia
I spoke too soon. They came in today. You guys weren't kidding about how fragile these magnets are. Just letting one snap together with the rest of them was enough to shatter that one magnet. For my chemesis I used 3 magnets. Two on the top and one on the bottom. I tried it the other way but they're strong enough to make my mod stick to anything metal I set it down on. I flipped them around and problems solved.
How long did you wait? worth getting them or should i search for others?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I bought a set on ebay and the are too weak. They work but aren't strong enough to keep mod from firing when you set it down with a heavy atty. They're n42.

I've got a set of n50 on the way and those should be fine.
:2c:

Last time I'm posting this:
N42 is Nemesis Spec strength.
Magnets are not to weak
Improper installation - to large of a gap between causes wobble/slop/free firing.

I run an Ithaka, filled to the brim and it never tries to fire when sat down.
I also placed a thin Nylon washer under the lower magnet to set the gap.

N50 will work
3 magnets will work
Both will give more resistance than needed.(Stiff switch)

spookyluke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
carlton, VIC, AU
I ordered them for a carvela clone. I have smok magneto and with the experience I've had now on magnetic switches I dont want to go back to bendy playful unreliable springs. And I cant afford the jd tech stingray yet. So hopefully this combo with do well. Compact 18350 tube mod with magnetic switch is my happy place.
I'll return with updates when the parts fall into my lap. Hopefully they're perfectly compatible. Fingers crossed.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
These magnets have already been tried by another member. He said they work right out of the box and no modifications are needed.

10050098W Strong NdFeB Magnet Ring - Silver (10 PCS) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

DEAL EXTREME MAGNETS = NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will Not fit without modification. Center is to small @ 9.5mm and will not clear Rice pellet(Pin)

May try sanding out a few - only because I have 10 useless magnets now.

* if you try this seal with nail polish or something afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread