Nemesis Magnet Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

hottls

Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Irvine, CA
I've been wanting a bottom firing, magnetic switch mod for some time now and I saw these magnetic rings on the atmomixani site.

https://www.atmomixani.gr/index.php/en/menu-shop-en/vmcategory-manufacturer-atmomixani-eg/nemesis-magnets-detail.html

This Youtube vid shows how big the ring is. The website says it's 1mm thick.

Nemesis magnet upgrade - YouTube

Since I own a Nemesis I figured I could have my cake and eat it too. Unfortunately, the overall cost after shipping was in the $40+ area and I can't see myself paying that much for two magnetic rings.

I've Googled for over an hour searching for a source in the U.S. that can provide me with a pair of rings, approximately the same size as the after market Nemesis rings, but haven't been able to find anything really close. So, I'm reaching out to the community to see if anyone knows of a supplier that has neodymium rings with similar dimensions. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Mr-Glass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2009
St. Louis Missouri
17mm od - 10mm id by 1mm

This is the closest I could find - however I do not think anyone wants to wait 7-9 weeks.. Surely another option would be better..

Thank you for your inquiry about custom magnets. Please find our quote for these custom magnets below. Custom magnet orders require a minimum purchase amount of $150 per shape. Magnets are typically ready for shipment in 7-9 weeks after we receive your order.

NdFeB RING Magnet
17mm (0.669") O.D. x 10mm (0.394") I.D. x 1mm (0.039") thick
Grade N42, Silver (Ni-Cu-Ni-Ag) Plated, Axially Magnetized
Qty 90 @ $1.67 each (minimum order quantity)
Qty 100 @ $1.60 ea.
Qty 250 @ $1.32 ea.
Qty 500 @ $1.17 ea.
Qty 1,000 @ $1.06 ea.

Last edited:

james1980

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2011
lincoln ca
the only problem with using other magnets is the ones from atmomixani are silver plated for conductivity to help with voltage drop I jut received mine today got two sets cost me $54 with shipping love the upgrade shipping kills but hey whats $50 not like I just wouldn't spend the cash on other vapeing gear anyways

For.The.Win.Bob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2013
North GA mtns

in4mati0n11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Tampa
the only problem with using other magnets is the ones from atmomixani are silver plated for conductivity to help with voltage drop I jut received mine today got two sets cost me $54 with shipping love the upgrade shipping kills but hey whats $50 not like I just wouldn't spend the cash on other vapeing gear anyways

What do the magnets have to do with conductivity when the negative pin is screwed directly into the switch?

Not trying to be flip, but I don't get it...

**Std Disclaimer... This could also be my own ignorance. :)

in4mati0n11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Tampa
So the smallest magnets I found on ebay have a 19.5mm OD/10mm ID/1.5mm thickness. So can anyone bust out a pair of calipers and measure the ID of the switch assembly? I don't have a Nemesis to check or else I would do it myself. 17mm seems to be a wonky size for rare earth ring magnets.

Where were these magnets at? and do you know what N strength they were?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread