Not open for further replies.

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
there is a goup buy going on right now on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/423343627786168/

u can get a set shipped for under 5 bucks, nemesis, chi you, gg and caravela. i got 30 magnets for the nemesis! get in while there is still room. 27 cents a magnet for nemesis

Are they silver plated?

Looks like they closed the sign-up! Hopefully at that price somebody got a few extra they'd be willing to sell :oops:

Zak Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Orange, California, United States
I bought some from Canada, 9/16 X 3/8 X 1/16 N42. I'll let you know how it goes. The throw off the switch is long enough that the magnets won't touch so plating shouldn't make any kind of difference...oh yeah, 10pcs for about $15 shipped...

Sent via the guys that made Star Trek low tech.

in4mati0n11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Tampa
With a grain of salt, folks.... knowledge is power and an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..

Ok, so for those that haven't heard about this yet.... evidently in using the magnets the nemesis switch, the silver battery pin can and may work it's way out (I heard it called switch post walk) and I have one report already of a switch failure (battery Vented). I read on Fat Daddy's website that when upgrading the sigelei 19 to use magnets, he recommended using some blue locktite to hold the 19's pin in place.

I am keeping an eye on mine and don't think that a little blue locktite or clear nail polish to lock the switch pin into the base is all that bad of an idea for a little piece of mind.

I did upgrade my switch today with the magnets from vaperev and worked the pin in all the way tight when I upgraded it. After hearing about the "switch pin walking" I took it apart and sure enough it was loosened.... a full turn

Not trying to cause a panic, but rather create an awareness....

Zak Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Orange, California, United States
With a grain of salt, folks.... knowledge is power and an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..

Ok, so for those that haven't heard about this yet.... evidently in using the magnets the nemesis switch, the silver battery pin can and may work it's way out (I heard it called switch post walk) and I have one report already of a switch failure (battery Vented). I read on Fat Daddy's website that when upgrading the sigelei 19 to use magnets, he recommended using some blue locktite to hold the 19's pin in place.

I am keeping an eye on mine and don't think that a little blue locktite or clear nail polish to lock the switch pin into the base is all that bad of an idea for a little piece of mind.

I did upgrade my switch today with the magnets from vaperev and worked the pin in all the way tight when I upgraded it. After hearing about the "switch pin walking" I took it apart and sure enough it was loosened.... a full turn

Not trying to cause a panic, but rather create an awareness....

You did put the anti rotation pin back in, right? I don't see how it could back out if that's in place...

in4mati0n11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Tampa
You did put the anti rotation pin back in, right? I don't see how it could back out if that's in place...

Absolutely... the bottom of the switch would freely spin without it... Since I posted this, I've heard of others saying that this happens with the springs too... its not the entire switch assembly that is walking, it is the silver coated battery pin.

fat daddy_v

Moved On
Jul 29, 2013
California
fatdaddyvapes.com
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

fat daddy_v

Moved On
Jul 29, 2013
California
fatdaddyvapes.com
  • Deleted by classwife

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
So, I got one set from VapeRev about 2 weeks ago and a few days ago found that the magnets weren't strong enough to keep the switch from firing while standing upright without engaging the lock. A minute ago I took the switch apart to inspect and found that one of the magnets broke in half! It still works just a bit half-a$$ed. :(
Perfect timing too considering I just saw that VapeRev sold out and the facebook group buy is closed.

If anybody's found the right dimensions from a magnet website or something please post it. I'm definitely going to buy extra.

fat daddy_v

Moved On
Jul 29, 2013
California
fatdaddyvapes.com
  • Deleted by classwife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread