Inawera- a few reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinfandel

Feb 2, 2016
Hard or impossible to replace. Probably all that I just ordered today is reformulated. *curses really loudly* Well, at least I'll be able to report if they suck or not? :unsure: And thanks for the freezer tip. I'm going to put the important stuff in glass bottles, label them, and put them away in the freezer. *whimper*

Thank you. I'm a little bit (OK, a lot) mad that they're not telling people and selling them as the same thing.

Yeah, the communication is not the strong point of this company ...

Regards
Zinfandel

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I'd be interested in the tobacco & Prunes, and tobacco Taboo. I like ashy flavors, which are hard to find.
You beat me to it, I bought these a week ago and cant wait for them.

If anyone likes Garuda, let me know, so far its on the sweet side and prefer the ashy ones, I'd gladly send it your way !

Reactions: Kenna

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
LOL ! I still love my Hangsens though :) I was just blown away how this tastes like smoking. I'm chain vaping it still. I've noticed this flavor is running very cleanly. Just found my work day vape:toast:

I got a bottle of Hangsens "Cuba" Im hoping its good. Any other dry-ish good recommendations?

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I got a bottle of Hangsens "Cuba" Im hoping its good. Any other dry-ish good recommendations?
The Tobacco Absolutes, Garuda, Virginia, Cuban Cigar, and DNB can be used as additives to other tobaccos to make them more than. You might like the DNB to add an ashy taste to whatever tobacco flavoring you like that's not quite enough ash. Tobacco DNB WG-INW
Sad to say, Jimi isn't around here anymore.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
BOOYA !! I'm vaping the Tobacco Smoke N' Prunes ! I'm not used to this realistic ashy taste! I feel like I relapsed :D This flavor is nuts!

I taste straight up tobacco smoke on the inhale. On the exhale I pick up the prunes for about a second, followed by an ashy, deep, robust tobacco. On the aftertaste it's straight up metallic. This is not your typical sweet vape that we're used to. This is more of a replication of smoking. Hangsen has some competition now ! :D

Mixed 4 drops for a 15 ml bottle of juice. Very very potent stuff !

Many thanks to Glasseye's generous offer. If it wasn't for you I'd still be vaping in Candyland :)

More to come :)

Hi JimiD, just got in my bottles of Smoke and Prunes and Tobacco Taboo.

I see you loved it and wondered what percentage you suggest, since they are potent. I was thinking of starting out at 1%?

I also got a bottle each of the INW Latika and Black Perique to add some kick to my sweet not so favorites.

Zinfandel

Feb 2, 2016
I did smoke and prunes at 3%, and boy was that a stout vape
The taste/smell won't go away from the tank/coil even after a good clean .

I think it will be very good at .5 % added in other tobacco mixes , or at about 1% as a solo mix.

I think I will try the following once I get to mixing again:

Smoke and prunes 0.5%
Latakia 0.5%
Burley 2%
Dark tobacco 0.5%
DNB 0.5 %

I might and 0.5 to 1% of TA Virginia to this mix, and give it a fairly long steep.

Should be a pretty ashy vape ☺

Regards
Zinfandel

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I think I will try the following once I get to mixing again:

Smoke and prunes 0.5%
Latakia 0.5%
Burley 2%
Dark tobacco 0.5%
DNB 0.5 %

I might and 0.5 to 1% of TA Virginia to this mix, and give it a fairly long steep.

You mean all the above? Let me know how that goes, sounds good.

Are those all Inawera? How was the Burley, I tend to like a good Burley. Years ago there was a liquid company in Northern Calif that had some great NETs. They had a Burley and another called "Devil Dog" that was amazing, real bite to them and put hair on ones chest, but soooo good. They changed their recipes and they were nothing like the original. Been trying to find something like that again.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I haven't bought a Flavor for about a year what's really worth getting?
Custard, Vanilla Cream and I don't know when this came out but Green Tea with Quince. I just got a few of the new ones...Guava, Miss Cream and Raw Pineapple (not gonna like that one by the smell) but I haven't mixed them yet, it's been an interesting couple weeks. And Hi Michael! Long time no see. :)

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Custard, Vanilla Cream and I don't know when this came out but Green Tea with Quince. I just got a few of the new ones...Guava, Miss Cream and Raw Pineapple (not gonna like that one by the smell) but I haven't mixed them yet, it's been an interesting couple weeks. And Hi Michael! Long time no see. :)

Thank you, it has been awhile.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Are you mixing the Custard if so with what?
Real Flavors - Aged Bourbon Cream. Steep at least 3 weeks.
Inawera's Custard is a very rich, eggy (to me) thick custard. The only one I use now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

kalligator

Jan 23, 2013
Greece
I have tried twice to get them to comment on the story but I got ignored.

There's definitely others not included in the list that have been silently changed. Donald Bubblegum for example tastes like the Cocopilada now, nothing to do with bubblegum.

I'm seriously disappointed by this company.

@glasseye did you get any chance to compare the old with the reformulated ones?

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I have tried twice to get them to comment on the story but I got ignored.

There's definitely others not included in the list that have been silently changed. Donald Bubblegum for example tastes like the Cocopilada now, nothing to do with bubblegum.

I'm seriously disappointed by this company.

@glasseye did you get any chance to compare the old with the reformulated ones?
I'd guess you're not going to get them to comment at all. I can't blame them for the supply problems, but for not letting the customers know? That's an issue. I'll still buy from them because of the flavors that haven't changed. (that we know of)

Anyway...I got some of the new ones in but did not get a chance yet. I am going to do a couple fruit mixes today or tomorrow and compare.

kalligator

Jan 23, 2013
Greece
So here I am thinking how lucky I was that I still had an old bottle of my beloved Gold Ducat.
I bought it 5 months ago back in Feb. of this year and I opened it today. I happened to have an empty bottle of the legit one as well.... Day and night! They totally botched it :( all the while not telling anyone about it.

So I guess
a) The story is true and
b) It happened at least 5 months ago

Here's a photo of the old bottle (left) and the new one.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
:( @kalligator. That sucks. Nothing else like it out there either. I also had a chance to compare some things.

E-aromat Pear. I used 2% of the old and the same with the new. The new one is not the same, it seems to be pretty close but it's...weaker? Less juicy? Hard to put my finger on exactly. I'm going to add another 1% and see what happens. I'll be back with that.

Exotic, Bialy Grapefruit, Grapefruit. I make a recipe with those, the old and new. 3% Exotic, .5% of each grapefruit. I didn't bother making single flavors out of these, I don't vape them that way anyway. I did notice a difference in the new Grapefruit and I actually like it better. Exotic seems a bit softer so the new might need a slight bump in percentage.

Sweet King is NOT the same. *cries, curses and stamps feet* I was using quite a bit of it and ordered a large bottle. Unknowingly, before I heard about any of this change. Well, now I know why 2 of my main recipes aren't the same. The golden brown pastry crust that went so brilliantly with apple or blackberry is...gone. I'm going to baby my last old 10ml.

I may have a few more in the box to compare. 2 more that I didn't get, and that I use, are Apricot and Honey. Gold Ducat was also on that list, but not going to bother ordering and comparing that now.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
:( @kalligator. That sucks. Nothing else like it out there either. I also had a chance to compare some things.

E-aromat Pear. I used 2% of the old and the same with the new. The new one is not the same, it seems to be pretty close but it's...weaker? Less juicy? Hard to put my finger on exactly. I'm going to add another 1% and see what happens. I'll be back with that.

Exotic, Bialy Grapefruit, Grapefruit. I make a recipe with those, the old and new. 3% Exotic, .5% of each grapefruit. I didn't bother making single flavors out of these, I don't vape them that way anyway. I did notice a difference in the new Grapefruit and I actually like it better. Exotic seems a bit softer so the new might need a slight bump in percentage.

Sweet King is NOT the same. *cries, curses and stamps feet* I was using quite a bit of it and ordered a large bottle. Unknowingly, before I heard about any of this change. Well, now I know why 2 of my main recipes aren't the same. The golden brown pastry crust that went so brilliantly with apple or blackberry is...gone. I'm going to baby my last old 10ml.

I may have a few more in the box to compare. 2 more that I didn't get, and that I use, are Apricot and Honey. Gold Ducat was also on that list, but not going to bother ordering and comparing that now.

Thanks for the head's up on the Sweet King... I was going to order a 100ml bottle but I guess I'll be striking that off my list :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread