Status
Not open for further replies.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Thanks for the head's up on the Sweet King... I was going to order a 100ml bottle but I guess I'll be striking that off my list :(

I fully intend to play with it and see if by adding what I think is missing (fingers crossed) that I can get it close to what it was. Exercises in futility are my specialty.

Do they have places for reviews? Maybe makr your results known there. And on vendors sites that carry Inawera. Wizard, ECX, BCF are the major ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
I generally don't buy my Inawera from any of those places, but was thinking about that DIY or DIE guy. I don't have a paid subscription to whatever thing he wanted people to post to about old vs. new flavors. If anyone does, feel free to C&P there.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
I fully intend to play with it and see if by adding what I think is missing (fingers crossed) that I can get it close to what it was. Exercises in futility are my specialty.

lol... keep us posted then... maybe all is not lost yet :smokie:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I have an off-the-wall question. Does anyone have any idea (anecdotal; or otherwise) if flavor concentrates can age the way certain recipes do? I am wondering if, because these are brand new formulations, and haven't been sitting around it 55 gallon drums, waiting to be repackaged into smaller retail-sized bottles, and those sitting on the shelf some more; that these reformulated ones might(?) change some (a lot, a little, not at all) over the next few months? Any thoughts?

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I have an off-the-wall question. Does anyone have any idea (anecdotal; or otherwise) if flavor concentrates can age the way certain recipes do? I am wondering if, because these are brand new formulations, and haven't been sitting around it 55 gallon drums, waiting to be repackaged into smaller retail-sized bottles, and those sitting on the shelf some more; that these reformulated ones might(?) change some (a lot, a little, not at all) over the next few months? Any thoughts?
If they are new mixes it makes sense that they would. And mixes using them might require some steeping.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I got the Sweet King 5 months ago. I'd think it would have by now? It is a 100ml bottle though so maybe not? Interesting question.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I got the Sweet King 5 months ago. I'd think it would have by now? It is a 100ml bottle though so maybe not? Interesting question.
Honestly; I have no idea what "average" turn time is between actual production, and reaching the consumer's hands. I could be WAY off base with my question. I am just looking for any "excuse" for such variances from old to new. Wishful/hopeful thinking at its best!:D

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
I'm not a chemist but I'd have to suspect that individual flavors themselves would be fairly stable and unlikely to change much other than a gradual decrease in intensity or potency as they age. In fact, the ability to recreate a specific flavor profile with a high degree of consistency is one of the reasons why most of them are made artificially rather than with natural ingredients. Well, that and of course cost, lol.

Zinfandel

Feb 2, 2016
:( Sad news indeed!

I really hope they can fix the supply problem, and get back on track and fix the ones they broke....

I am already looking for a milk chocolate replacement, and not sure what to replace Sweet King with :yawn:

Please keep us updated on other flavors that have changed/are not the same anymore....

Regards
Zinfandel

Zinfandel

Feb 2, 2016
Sooooo, on to something completely different.....

Anyone want a "recipe" to make a cig/.../analog with 1 single Inawera flavor? It's so close in taste, I actually hesitate to make/do it...

I had to smoke a real cigarette to actually see how close it was. It was my first real cigarette in years! And yes, the taste of the real cigarette was NOTHING like I had been remembering (or thinking I remembered it like).... It was darn awful! It tasted like dead dried leaves or hay/bush burning... and nothing more... Needless to say, I felt sick and with nausea the rest of the day... and the bad part, I sucked down 1000's of them in my lifetime :-x

Actually the "reciepe" was better tasting than the real deal, but had the same awful after taste as the cigarette!

Good thing we now have vaping, and a sea of delicious flavors to "smoke" instead!

No? No one? Really?
Oh well! Ok perhaps it's better to let this "recipe" fade away into silence....

Regards
Zinfandel

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Sooooo, on to something completely different.....

Anyone want a "recipe" to make a cig/.../analog with 1 single Inawera flavor? It's so close in taste, I actually hesitate to make/do it...

I had to smoke a real cigarette to actually see how close it was. It was my first real cigarette in years! And yes, the taste of the real cigarette was NOTHING like I had been remembering (or thinking I remembered it like).... It was darn awful! It tasted like dead dried leaves or hay/bush burning... and nothing more... Needless to say, I felt sick and with nausea the rest of the day... and the bad part, I sucked down 1000's of them in my lifetime :-x

Actually the "reciepe" was better tasting than the real deal, but had the same awful after taste as the cigarette!

Good thing we now have vaping, and a sea of delicious flavors to "smoke" instead!

No? No one? Really?
Oh well! Ok perhaps it's better to let this "recipe" fade away into silence....

Regards
Zinfandel

No idea, but let me guess...Little SPace Drop? Smoke and Prunes? Sunset Virginia (gag)? Am4a or however it's spelled?

Reactions: Kenna

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
OK, one last thing on the new Pear (probably the last thing unless it just needs some hang time. odd for an INW fruit but stranger things have happened)- I put in another percent for 3% total. Waited about 24 hours. It's still missing that juicy tartness of the original. Still a servicable pear flavoring but mildly disappointing.

Zinfandel

Feb 2, 2016
No idea, but let me guess...Little SPace Drop? Smoke and Prunes? Sunset Virginia (gag)? Am4a or however it's spelled?

Nope!

It was more of an accident than by purpose I discovered this.... The flavor I am talking of is Inw. USA mix!

I was on a months vacation in the caribbean with my wife and children, and I brought with me some ready mixed e liquid, and a pair of protank 1 clearomizers. Unfortunately I forgot to bring with me some spare coils, and had to use what I had at hand.

I brought with me a 50ml premixed Inw. USA mix, mixed at 3% strength. Since we were visiting a lot of my wife's family, and traveling a lot, I never seemed to finish of a tank completely, I kept refilling the tank once it had like 05.ml of e-liquid left.

After a week if refilling the tank, I started to taste somewhat of the analogue cigarette taste.
It just got stronger and stronger (the analogue taste), and after 2-3 weeks it was really on the ashy/analog level of a real cigarette. I tried to burn clean the wire in the atomizer, and rinsing the wicks in hot water, but the taste was still there.

What I think was happening, was that the USA mix (in it self is a ashy tobacco taste), with constant heating and cooling/condensing the flavor (with the constant 0.5ml left in the tank from every refill), the DNB (that's already present in the USA mix) got so concentrated and condensed, it transformed the taste more and more in the direction of a analog cigarette. The heat from the weather also contributed I think...

So, to replicate this (in a much faster way) I think if you start off with a 3% mix of USA mix, and heat/cool it repeatedly (in a open container/saucepan) carefully not to boil it (just to about 60-80 degrees celcius) to when the initial amount of liquid is at half to 1/4, it's darn close to a real analog in taste. Add another dash of DNB (1-2%) and let if steep for 2 weeks.

I would suggest going the route with USA mix, and not directly with DNB (at 3%) because the final "product" with just DNB would taste to harsh.

When I compared my "recipe" to the analog (I took one pull/puff of each in sequence, and changed the order of the sequence) I could not tell them apart! They tasted exactly the same, except the USA mix was more pleasing as it had some other flavor to make it more "enjoyable". And one other thing, I do not get sick/nausea with the USA mix "condensed" flavor, but the analog cigarette made me feal real bad.

Hope this "mishap" can get some of the real strugglers to finally put that combustible stick of death where it belongs - in the toilet!

Regards
Zinfandel

Zinfandel

Feb 2, 2016
Inawera Sweet tobacco
Tested this at 3% in a 50/50 mix.

Here are my test notes:
Light flue cured tobacco, with mild honey taste. At 3% it tastes a tad sour. Not sweet tasting to me, would be more pleasing with some more sweetness to the taste. A dry cig flavor. A tiny hint of ash in this one. Probably will be a nice mixer with Burley. Tiny floral hint, with some fruity undertones. Will retry after 1 more week of steeping. Perhaps add 1% flavoring.

Regard
Zinfandel

Zinfandel

Feb 2, 2016
Inawera Dawid
Tested this at 3% in a 50/50 mix.

Here are my test notes:
This one is a tad sweet with a tiny hint of caramel. I can taste some "maggie" in this one. Tastes nothing like a real cig. No to tiny asy taste in this one. A rather dull experience at 3%. Will bump it up 1% and add 1% dnb to see where it goes.Perhaps add some dark tobacco to bump up tobacco taste.

Regards
Zinfandel

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)

Please add your reviews of Inawera if you want. :)
My absolute favorites right now are:

Shisha Brandy Cocoa
Shisha Lime
Shisha Apple

Recently, I've got some Amphora from a colegue and will definitly order some more. He didn't like it, because for him, it tasted of raisins. I know the "Amphora Full Aroma" from the past. Both my father and I used to smoke it in between.

Looking forward to try Cavendish (it was a dominating part of my favorite everyday tobacco "Stanwell Classic, blue").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread