Status
Not open for further replies.

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
At the risk of sounding incredibly ignorant, would the innokin LEO Pro iClear 16 be good for me? All I have used, since I started vaping nearly three years ago, is the iTasteVV3. My goals are to keep it simple, and to find an alternate to my iTaste. This sounds like it would be ideal (it's set at 3.7, which is good for me), but has a slightly more powerful battery.

Reactions: pufZeppelin

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I'd be reluctant to go back to fixed voltage, Penny. You may not always be able to find coils in the right value for your vape, and I find different flavors are sometimes better at different power levels. No way to adjust to taste with fixed voltage.

And, being as you're going to be impacted by the Dooming, non-replaceable battery mods may also not be the best choice. A small box mod that uses 18650's might be a better way to go. Yes, not quite as simple, since an external charger would be good to add (although most mods now have built in charging, external is usually faster - and you can just swap in a fresh one so you don't have to wait), and 18650s aren't going to be regulated away.

Many of the "low" power mods can now be found for very little $$, since so many have jumped on the mega-watt vape wagon :)

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
At the risk of sounding incredibly ignorant, would the Innokin LEO Pro iClear 16 be good for me? All I have used, since I started vaping nearly three years ago, is the iTasteVV3. My goals are to keep it simple, and to find an alternate to my iTaste. This sounds like it would be ideal (it's set at 3.7, which is good for me), but has a slightly more powerful battery.

I picked up a couple of these a while back to augment my VV colection Target Mini Kit $24.99 by Vaporesso - MOD / PV'S. Very compact 1400mah and 40w

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
At the risk of sounding incredibly ignorant, would the Innokin LEO Pro iClear 16 be good for me? All I have used, since I started vaping nearly three years ago, is the iTasteVV3. My goals are to keep it simple, and to find an alternate to my iTaste. This sounds like it would be ideal (it's set at 3.7, which is good for me), but has a slightly more powerful battery.

hi PennyLynn

I go along with Dave-O // fix'd power output, internal battery -isn't the best way IMO anymore
there are so many more options that are very affordable now...
hard to say what you want to hear, not what I want (human nature) :) but I'm trying

so you didn't say what tank you use on VV3 ?? - any preference; stick mod, or small box mod ? ?
you need a dependable battery mod and a good tank with cheap coils

here are some ideas that comes to mind... (get batteries and a charger, 1st time/one time)

upload_2016-10-21_16-54-0.png

upload_2016-10-21_16-54-33.png

upload_2016-10-21_17-0-14.png
18650's
upload_2016-10-21_17-17-44.png

upload_2016-10-21_17-7-38.png

upload_2016-10-21_17-8-5.png

:D:D

- Innokin Smart Box iSub V Starter Kit
- NITECORE Digicharger D2

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
Thank you, David, Cap, puf, and aikanae.
I really wanted to avoid having battery issues...I don't understand electrical theory and I'm probably better off not dealing with that stuff. I just want to mention that I do cryptic crosswords, so I'm not deficient in all areas (lol).
I did order that LEO, basically because it had slightly more juice than what I've been using, and though it would be an easy transition. I will look at some of the pretties you referenced and see what sounds like something I would feel comfortable with. I'm aware of the Vapocolypse, and I do understand that it will be vital to be prepared for it.
BTW, I was recently diagnosed with a breathing issue as having mild OPD...the X-ray was spotless, but a test i had back in the spring showed a touch of emphysema. After 45 years of smoking, not too bad.

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
You don't need to worry about electrical theory with a regulated mod.
9a96f7e0d354b4f864b6e41decfcd58f.jpg

This is the iTaste SVD 2.0. Takes a single 18650 battery and fires up to 20W. I use tanks with 1.8 ohm coils and run anywhere from 8-12W. All I have to do is tweak the wattage to find my sweet spot and that's it. The DNA chip inside takes care of everything else. You only have to worry about electrical theory in mechanical mods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
Penny, do you not like the vv3's or are they worn out? I might have a couple new ones in storage.

Oh thanks! No, I still like them very much! I have been replenishing as they fade out...I was honestly mainly interested in something that had a slightly longer-lasting charge. That's why I looked at the LEO. I tend to be an all-day vaper, and I actually have four in rotation.
I have come to think of this little cutie the way I thought of my Kool Mild 100s...meaning, I just always smoked them and didn't even consider any other type.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I really wanted to avoid having battery issues...I don't understand electrical theory and I'm probably better off not dealing with that stuff.

As said, no deep need for electrical theory when using a regulated mod - like the VV3 ;) - and factory coils. The only electrical knowledge you need is which end of the battery goes which way in the charger. And if/when you decide to get into rebuildables, the are on-line calculators that can do all the math for you.

For me, being able to swap in a fresh battery on the way out the door, or carry a spare (in a proper non-conductive case) is a real plus. For tootlers, the higher mAh 18650's will normally be good for a day or more.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I mentioned the provari because they are very safe and service is excellent if they need repair. They are good for life. That's hard to beat and piece of mind.

I went with subtank minis because there's a wide variety of coils, incl. mtl or dtl, cheap and they have a cheap rba that's easy to use. Many videos for the day that may be needed. The subtanks also have a lot of parts that'll help them stay running for a long time. If you don't mind plastic, there are bell caps on FT which are cheap and you can buy bases separate. They work. The subtank line is flexible.

I don't think anyone knows what this next yr has in store for us. I think we'll see prices increase. I don't know how that will affect you, but I know it'll affect me. Some longer term planning might come in handy. Right now there has been awesome sales on last yrs (last month's) equip. that makes it hard to ignore imo. I picked up a great xtar charger for $8 just last month. It's not a huge expense to start picking things up when they come up.

I've also been happy with my cool fire 4's which do have internal batteries and heard great things about the replaceable battery ones. But they all miss when it comes to the provari service and I need that for peace of mind. I am not a tinkerer.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
Have you been using the SAME VV3s for three years? If so, I'm impressed. My 3 VV3s only lasted 3-6 months before the started getting flaky.

No no no! I grab a new one every few months, and take the one that's fading out of my lineup. In spite of that, and buying Ahlusion juice, I still save a ton over smoking (not to mention I never have to hear complaints about the smell...I still hear about how I should quit vaping from assorted sources).

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
The Pico with a Prism T22 (Holds about 4.5ml) works really well for MTL vaping and then you'd just need to replace a couple of $4-5 batteries once a year or so, instead of buying new VV3s all the time.

It's not really complicated if you don't want it to be. Just set to power mode and keep it at about 14 watts.
5ca09848-d029-4c68-a0e4-b30b76f74aa2_zps5ogj2qjk.jpg

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I still like them very much! I have been replenishing as they fade out...I was honestly mainly interested in something that had a slightly longer-lasting charge. That's why I looked at the LEO. I tend to be an all-day vaper, and I actually have four in rotation.

My VV V3's (with Kanger T3S tanks) were my go to out-and-about combos for about 2 years...

Then...I replaced them with the eGo AIO D16...

Compared to the V3/T3S...the D16 is thinner, less tall and lighter...is 1500mAh...and includes the (easily top-filling) tank...

(The D19 and D22 are shorter and fatter...but don't give me the "hand comfort" of the ol' VV V3 that the D16 does)...

Joyetech eGo AIO Kit (D16 D19 D22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread