Status
Not open for further replies.

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA
I'm not 100% sure about this, but fan art, as long as the artist does not charge for it or make a profit, is allowed, I think. I read something about that over at deviantart a while back. Maybe they changed the laws, but if they did, there's going to be a ton of people over at deviantart that'll get cease and desist orders. :D

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
any reviews on the ceramic wicks???

I am eager to hear.

Eric im being straight with you i think there a hassle after trying them. Comparing them to mesh wicks which for me are easy to setup with no hotspots the ceramics are not (for me) as the wire just does not grab on them resulting in enough of a tiny gap between the ceramic and the wire to when you fire your device its starts out fine but then the wire glows no matter what method i tried to wrap them useing 32g kanthal A-1

But i will say fire your coil until your device hits the cuttoff feature and chances are your glowing your wire before then if you look carefully in a dark room when doing this.

I have no regrets though i had to try it and thanks.
Perhaps others may have better results and thats my hope so prices on mesh come down !

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I saw a video where the ceramic coil is wrapped in one turn of ss wick to give the coil a grip. The ss is wrapped just at the top of the ceramic wick where the kanthal goes. I don't know if this sorta defeats the whole reason for using a ceramic wick or not. Just thought I'd throw that tip in the ring. Oh, and the ss also acts as a reservoir to help the ceramic keep up.

Last edited:

erawk

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Hyde Park, Vermont
ceramics are not (for me) as the wire just does not grab on them resulting in enough of a tiny gap between the ceramic and the wire to when you fire your device its starts out fine but then the wire glows no matter what method i tried to wrap them useing 32g kanthal A-1
I had to get the 1/8 size because the other ones were sold out. After drilling my wick hole to 1/8 I wrapped 32g 4/5 wraps on a 7/64 bit. Slid the wire off and really gently screwed the coil onto the wick and installed into the T. My coil has zero hot spots but my problem is the wick can't keep up.

ThunderBolt on Tapatalk 2 (damn you auto correct)

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I saw a video where the ceramic coil is wrapped in one turn of ss wick to give the coil a grip. The ss is wrapped just at the top of the ceramic wick where the kanthal goes. I don't know if this sorta defeats the whole reason for using a ceramic wick or not. Just thought I'd throw that tip in the ring. Oh, and the ss also acts as a reservoir to help the ceramic keep up.
Yes that thought crossed my mind but then i said to myself im defeating the ceramic's purpose .

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I had to get the 1/8 size because the other ones were sold out. After drilling my wick hole to 1/8 I wrapped 32g 4/5 wraps on a 7/64 bit. Slid the wire off and really gently screwed the coil onto the wick and installed into the T. My coil has zero hot spots but my problem is the wick can't keep up.

ThunderBolt on Tapatalk 2 (damn you auto correct)

LOL yup mine are the 1/8 size. Thats what i tried several time the 7/64 drill bit and i slowly twisted the ceramic wick in pre saturated it with syringe and thought it was working fine until after several fireings and there was the glow of several coils.
Made me think how much of a hassle even if it did finally work when i have to change out the kanthal or clean the ceramic .
Now im not bragging or anything but being well versed with mesh i can roll and oxidize the mesh wick and darn near everytime after insertion get no hotspots in my DID20 in all 3 of them .

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
I was told they get better over time, I haven't tried them myself I figured I'd screw it up honestly.
something about the porous nature, the maker did specifically tell me you have to go through a tank of liquid and they they go b*lls to the wall..
or something like that lol

I did wonder how they would fair as wrapped, with nothing to really grab onto. will be good to get a consensus on it.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
I received the new AGA-T+ in today, yet another version.

This one has the 1.2mm airhole, so slightly larger and it has new grommets with lips instead of just orings to sit the plastic/glass on.

I also got the new glass for it and I will still be giving it away free with the order, sadly they did not send me extras :(
I do have a few but they are for a few people who got really bad ones I need to replace.

also the glass is NOT perfect.. of course right? why get something right the first time. Some areas are a little less than straight, again, because these guys do not know what they are doing with glass yet. That said, the new grommet makes it mute because it has a lip that goes on the outside of the glass/plastic and seals it.

I hope you all know I do NOT sell things and wait for improvements, they just keep doing it.
I am sure the next one will also have improvements.

Ok so pictures:

Not sure what is up with this pic, the air hole looks squished but it's not, it a perfect hole
DiscountVapers.com_TiamatPlus__70749.1357933151.1280.1280.JPG

DiscountVapers.com_AGA_Tiamat_new_1__99423.1360712846.1280.1280.jpg

DiscountVapers.com_AGA_Tiamat_new_parts__83642.1360712848.1280.1280.jpg

DiscountVapers.com_AGA_Tiamat_new_top__58039.1360712849.1280.1280.jpg

New glass vs old glass

DiscountVapers.com_AGA_Tiamat_newold__93491.1360712895.1280.1280.jpg

Grommet on the top
DiscountVapers.com_AGA_Tiamat_newGasket__21006.1360712849.1280.1280.jpg

Grommet installed on both sides:
DiscountVapers.com_AGA_Tiamat_newGasket2__24515.1360712851.1280.1280.jpg

I also got the AGA Hydra, the IGO and more items back in stock and a new one the AGR which is a tank for boge and smoktech cartos, it has two plastic tubes to fit either and it a very nice design in stainless.

DiscountVapers.com_AGR_tank_2__82496.1360713560.1280.1280.jpg

this tank takes flangeless tank cartos, the ones without the lip on the bottom, which I have in stock all ohms single and dual coils from smoktech (I do not have the boges)

thedesbois

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Gotta like the larger air hole. I prefer airy so I made my AGA-T+ hole a tad larger using the corkscrew technique until it was perfect. Got the "old plus" versions (yes I bought 2 :) ). To me the glass is a non issue as I've wet sanded them (600 grit) to very nice super smooth.

Using center post nuts from the AGA Hydra (for which I have no use since I lost two mini center post rubber holders. You've never replied to my email requesting some... I though maybe you'd have just mailed them to me or sent them along with my last order for the Terminator, but no. :( ). Those center post nuts have a wider diameter, so for the 3rd last top nut, it makes contact with the resistance wire closer to the wick, eliminating hot spots on the top coil (like the z-atty with it's larger diameter top screw).

AGA-Ts... they ROCK! :smokie:

d

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
You've never replied to my email requesting some... I though maybe you'd have just mailed them to me or sent them along with my last order for the Terminator, but no. :( ).

d

contact me again? maybe I missed it sorry :(
or just put it in the comments of the next order ATTN: Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread