Introducing - The PureSmoker LEGACY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
And in my honest opinion they work better than the slant caps. On the slant caps I always had to make minor adjustments to make connection. With the flat tops no problems with anything I've put on em.
Hmm. I have to do that, but for only one device. And that's because I'd rather keep the washer out so as not to disturb coils from rba to rba. Center post movement and all. Is the flat top a thread shorter in the 510? Diff. screw?

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
I only have one genesis that has a major connection problem (mini cobra clone). If I decide to use that one for the day, I'll toss the washer in. Otherwise, I have a tiny keychain jewelers screwdriver that I can raise the screw then allow it to seat itself to the perfect height as I thread on my atomizer or carto.

Small price to pay for such a bulletproof mod!

Cash: Have you considered a powdercoat option for the tubes? I'm picking up a powdercoating setup in about a week and am going to do a matte black tube with a torch blued cap and switch /drool

Will post pictures of the finished unit

heateris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
SEPA
I only have one genesis that has a major connection problem (mini cobra clone). If I decide to use that one for the day, I'll toss the washer in. Otherwise, I have a tiny keychain jewelers screwdriver that I can raise the screw then allow it to seat itself to the perfect height as I thread on my atomizer or carto.

Small price to pay for such a bulletproof mod!

Cash: Have you considered a powdercoat option for the tubes? I'm picking up a powdercoating setup in about a week and am going to do a matte black tube with a torch blued cap and switch /drool

Will post pictures of the finished unit

ill send you mine to practice on! :laugh:

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Hmm. I have to do that, but for only one device. And that's because I'd rather keep the washer out so as not to disturb coils from RBA to RBA. Center post movement and all. Is the flat top a thread shorter in the 510? Diff. screw?

Can't explain it. Just my HOP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Got bored (and my adderall refilled) and decided to torch everything before I coat it just for giggles. the cap and switch came out nice... The el-cheapo drip tip and satin finished stuff... not so much, but the satin stuff is all getting coated, so no worries in my mind:

photo(1).jpg

Moogle

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Portland, OR
Another satisfied Legacy owner here! Naolox user as well. My Lead and Manager at work both have one and report a marked improvement of battery life using Naolox on all the threads to improve the ground connection. My Legacy has been going strong for 2 months and I'm sure I'll have it for years to come. Now if I could only get my Terminator-C leaking issue sorted....

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Not sure how to use the Naolox. Have rubbed some Naolox on the threads and even the bottom button. Should Naolox be used between The Kick's spring and the sleeve too?

Pictures anyone?

Thanks!

I follow the recommendations of Super T Manufacturing for their Kicklet (which is a housing for the Kick, if you're not familiar with it). They recommend Noalox on the upper and lower contacts of the Kick, plus some at the point where the Kick spring contacts the mod wall. Works great, and keeps the Kick kickin' along just fine.

thedesbois

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Question:

Got the Smok Vapesafe fuse which is about twice as thick as the original. Some batteries I have are also longer than the AW or Effest (Panasonic).

Was wondering is there is an easy way to create more inside room lengthwise in the Legacy? Maybe sanding down the black plastic bottom ring? And removing a bit of the positive post underside by sanding it?

Any suggestions? (I know, get the original fuse... I will. But apart from that?) I have two Legacy so one could be made "longer inside" for Pany or Smok setups while the other remaining untouched.

Thanks!

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Question:

Got the Smok Vapesafe fuse which is about twice as thick as the original. Some batteries I have are also longer than the AW or Effest (Panasonic).

Was wondering is there is an easy way to create more inside room lengthwise in the Legacy? Maybe sanding down the black plastic bottom ring? And removing a bit of the positive post underside by sanding it?

Any suggestions? (I know, get the original fuse... I will. But apart from that?) I have two Legacy so one could be made "longer inside" for Pany or Smok setups while the other remaining untouched.

Thanks!

Looking at my switch, i'd say you could easily shave about 1/8" off the black delrin post where the spring sits. You may need to either grind down the brass screw to sit lower with it or just grab a new brass screw that is 1/8" shorter from Ace hardware.

The top brass button could probably be shaved down ~1/32" without cutting into the threaded sleeve.

Otherwise, you could remove the positive brass screw and post, countersink the black delrin with a 5/16" hole about 1/16", cut about 1/16" off of the tube portion on top and get a slightly shorter positive contact screw.

The idea stream is about endless in my mind right now. BLAH! now I have to brain-dump all of this so I can sleep.

thedesbois

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Looking at my switch, i'd say you could easily shave about 1/8" off the black delrin post where the spring sits. You may need to either grind down the brass screw to sit lower with it or just grab a new brass screw that is 1/8" shorter from Ace hardware.

The top brass button could probably be shaved down ~1/32" without cutting into the threaded sleeve.

Otherwise, you could remove the positive brass screw and post, countersink the black delrin with a 5/16" hole about 1/16", cut about 1/16" off of the tube portion on top and get a slightly shorter positive contact screw.

The idea stream is about endless in my mind right now. BLAH! now I have to brain-dump all of this so I can sleep.

LOL at Tardis. :)

Thanks for the suggestions.

What I did is take a Dremel grinding stone to the inside positive post. Removed about 2/3 of it. Now is almost flush with Delrin insulator. Sanded and polished flat. Did the job perfectly. Didn't encounter the outside screw threading, luckily. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread