Introducing - The PureSmoker LEGACY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
My Legacy just arrived today. Built like a tank, hits like a freight train, and my favorite feature, elegant in it's simplicity. I'd advise anyone vaping to grab one before Puresmoker realizes what a bargain they truly are and jacks the retail up to $200.

Kidding; I know Puresmoker wouldn't do that, but it is one heck of a mechmod. A lot of bang for the buck.

PS- Can't wait for the flat-top attachment!

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
This may only interest a few of you, but if you build genesis atomizers and like to oxidize your SS wick and coil using the pulse method, the Legacy is perfect for this! I just set the Legacy on the tabletop and pump it up and down. It's easy to get very short, evenly spaced pulses to the coil, and it's equally easy to gradually lengthen the pulses as the oxidation progresses. Using one hand to control the pulsing, I can use the other to rotate the Legacy bit by bit while pulsing so I can see all sides of the coil. It feels like I'm "milking" an even glow out of the coil!

Of course, I do the pulsing with a partially depleted battery (~3.5V), but when the wick and coil are nicely oxidized, I slip in a fully-charged battery and vape away! The Legacy is a great mech for the genny vaper ... :laugh:

Soundhunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Love Field
Thought I would post this here for Legacy lovers like me (as a side note - I also recently acquired an EA Mod and the Legacy is every bit as good for half the coin) . the Legacy is great!!

this is the legacy with a Hippo cap - works great - sorry for the bad picture :(

photo 2.jpg

One question - I recently got the extension sleeve but I can't get it to fire an AWR 18490 for some reason - Is that battery not compatible with the mini + extension?

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I wound up with 4 ultrafire 18500 160" mah protected batteries. Been using one in the mini XL. Works good so far ( but I admit I've kept a very watchful eye in it also). Any one else used a protected battery in the smaller mini version? I'm well aware of batteries that end with "FIRE". But I'm one if those people that will try almost anything once. Usually it has a aw IMR with a kick in it. Just courious.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Thought I would post this here for Legacy lovers like me (as a side note - I also recently acquired an EA Mod and the Legacy is every bit as good for half the coin) . the Legacy is great!!

this is the legacy with a Hippo cap - works great - sorry for the bad picture :(

One question - I recently got the extension sleeve but I can't get it to fire an AWR 18490 for some reason - Is that battery not compatible with the mini + extension?

The hardware pack that you get with the Legacy has several washers in it... you can use these to help adjust the length of the switch.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA

Looking good Soundhunter!

You likely need to add a few washers to the switch to lengthen it :) If the switch is bottoming out on the bottom of the tube - the battery is a bit short :)

Per the manual:

To utilize an AW IMR 18490 alone, 3-4 washers (2 flat washers + 1 lock washer) will need to be added to the switch.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Looking good Soundhunter!

You likely need to add a few washers to the switch to lengthen it :) If the switch is bottoming out on the bottom of the tube - the battery is a bit short :)

Per the manual:

To utilize an AW IMR 18490 alone, 3-4 washers (2 flat washers + 1 lock washer) will need to be added to the switch.

So you don't recommend the eFest 18500!
Even when I use an AW 18490 it fires before I can screw the bottom cap all the way on. I had to use a rubber "O" ring to get it to work and no washers. MINI with extension sleeve. ????????

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hey Cash...I am going to pull the trigger on a Legacy, but I would like to get the flat-top adapter with it; when will they be back in stock? Speaking of stock, how many Legacy standards are available? I don't want to miss out. Thanks!

Hey toolguy ...

No flat tops available currently. More won't be available for atleast a couple of weeks. We have plenty of LEGACY Standards in stock :)

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
wow got my ship notification on my flat top. I was dissappointed when I missed out the first time.

Nice! Let us know what you think when you get it!

I just got my flat top, it's perfect! No issues at all ...now my Ithaka is happy and I'm loving my Legacy the most of the family!

Happy to hear kasunart! Enjoy and have a great Memorial Day weekend!

littlewing6283

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
So Cal
got my flat top. This thing is sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

to me now the mod is complete. ive been on a mod buying binge lately. i guess i'll admit im into the "prettiness" of things. With the flat top it just looks much better with my attys imo.

has worked with everything ive thrown on it. Wont fire on my terminator but thats not due to the cap. I recessed the post way too much when I rewicked last week.

a++++++ for the flat top. Now if I can get this thing to work with a kick without any issues ill be in vape heaven

Alamedean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
Alameda, CA
Anybody else have problems with their Legacy not firing (making connection) sometimes when you go to vape?
Sometimes I need to rotate the unit in my hand in order to fire. Sometimes I need to press much firmer on the button.

I'm using a Legacy, Kick, 18650 and four washers. Doesn't matter what I have on the unit, as this happens to everything I put on the Legacy.

Just kinda of a pain when you go to vape and you have to fiddle with the darn thing to get it to fire.

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
Anybody else have problems with their Legacy not firing (making connection) sometimes when you go to vape?
Sometimes I need to rotate the unit in my hand in order to fire. Sometimes I need to press much firmer on the button.

I'm using a Legacy, Kick, 18650 and four washers. Doesn't matter what I have on the unit, as this happens to everything I put on the Legacy.

Just kinda of a pain when you go to vape and you have to fiddle with the darn thing to get it to fire.

I use a Legacy Standard with the extension tube to use a Kicked 18650 ... here are a couple of thoughts:

1. The Kick signals a low battery with what has been described as a "stutter" ... it feels like a mis-fire to me. Perhaps that is happening to you? This is a design feature of the Kick, and usually comes into play when the Kick thinks the battery is below 3.6V. I have several different Kicks, and this cutoff point seems to vary slightly ...

2. Like all mechanical mods, the Legacy will deliver peak performance when it is routinely disassembled and thoroughly cleaned. Depending on the heaviness of my usage, this complete strip-down and cleaning routine is done once a month or so for light usage, to weekly for heavy usage. (I would define heavy usage as being primary, all-day-device usage.)

3. The Kick is very sensitive to having a solid ground connection. The little brass spring affair that contacts the inside of the Legacy tube will oxidize over time and the contact between Kick and tube will start getting spotty, causing mis-fires. When I start getting mis-fires with a battery I know is well charged, my first—and usually last—troubleshooting step is to remove the Kick, clean the brass contact spring, and clean the area of the tube where the spring makes contact. (If this contact point is on the tube threads, simply rotating the Kick slightly will often improve the contact.)

When everything is clean and making good connections, the Kicked Legacy is one of the finest vapes I've ever experienced, and well worth the bit of extra maintenance effort that all mechanical mods—and especially Kicked ones—require. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread