Is my vaping safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abe Cris Lumpan

Jan 20, 2017
Yes and very easy. :)

I use the D2 because it'll give you battery voltages when you load it with batterys, so with dual battery mods its easy to see if both batterys are discharging equally.
Im just wondering when i first use it aftrr 30min it got hot both the battery and the charger itself.what i did is unplug it and dd not continue using it. Is this normal?

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
Im just wondering when i first use it aftrr 30min it got hot both the battery and the charger itself.what i did is unplug it and dd not continue using it. Is this normal?

You did the right thing unpluging it.

Mine will get warm,not really hot. I can hold the back of my hand on the charger and batts without it feeling overly hot, just warm.

Have you checked the scratch-off security code on the charger?

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
Im using the the new i2, my battery is LG HG2 the brown one.

As long as your batterys are authentic is very possible is just charging warmth (like when charging a cell-phone).

Nitecore chargers are considered very trustworthy chargers.

You could very closely monitor it whilst its charging and place it on a non-flamable surface (this is recommended anyways).

Abe Cris Lumpan

Jan 20, 2017
As long as your batterys are authentic is very possible is just charging warmth (like when charging a cell-phone).

Nitecore chargers are considered very trustworthy chargers.

You could very closely monitor it whilst its charging and place it on a non-flamable surface (this is recommended anyways).
Do you have to press the buttons or doesit automaticaly charge?

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Just wana ask. What are IMR batteries?
Cells with lithium manganese chemistry. A safer chemistry battery that won't explode when pushed over its limits (though it can happen). Plenty of batteries are marketed as IMR but are actually of a hybrid chemistry, though still considered safer than ICR (lithium cobalt) cells.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: opticruby

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Nitecore is a reputable brand, I've used the i4 and D4, but I've seen a few reviews of people having problems with them, do they have a customer service line? Maybe give them a call..

Lithium manganese oxide = IMR
(I had to look it up) basically they are high drain batteries, rated for higher (faster) discharge - heating that coil can take quite a bit of amperage (which is the dangerous part of electricity) - drawing more amps from a battery than it is rated for will cause the battery to fail, possibly catastrophically. ICR batteries were a problem when I first started vaping - if you don't buy from a reputable source you could have ICRs re wrapped as IMRs... which could cause your vape to explode in your face. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
Thats why i'm in love with the istick Pico. Should tge battery have an issue and vent.

Since tge battery goes in upside down any gasses from the battery will be sprayed away from your face than in your face.
silly... the batteries go in the kbox 75w minis upside down as well...

i have 3 of the topbox kits and 7 of the tanks, it's what i started with and only really has one issue..

if you drop it, the spring loaded gold coloured pin can get jammed up... a safety pin or small flathead screwdriver can be used to get it unstuck, just get the sharp end(with battery NOT in the mod) in where it's stuck and give it a wiggle. it's a common issue with spring loads and some of us being klutzes.

forgot to add... i've always used the LG HG2's in mine, yes both the battery and tank get warm since you are using them. the tanks will leak if you get the juice HOT(not warm) because the juice will become thinner with heat, so if that happens... hey you're chain vaping lol! batteries will warm with use and when charging.

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
Good to know. Never used kbox.

Tge Pico is the only18650 mod that went in upside down

I wish more mod developers designed mods for safety.
Some one on here recommended to me when my I stick charging port came lose after a month an half. I love it. Was gonna get a sigelei 30 watt

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread