Is there a difference between clear e-liquid vs. colored e-liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpogNYC

Feb 9, 2017
Brooklyn, NYC
Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well. I suppose the title of my thread sums up what I'm curious about, and I do apologize if the answer to this is somewhere here in the forums, I did not find it, maybe I just need to refine my search skills.

So, what's the deal? What are the reasons that some e-liquids are clear and others aren't? Is it in any way related to quality, or is it related to particular flavors, or particular companies e-liquid, or for some other reason? Let me know what you know. Thanks for reading, and for those who do, thank you for leaving a comment.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
It could be several things effecting the color. One of the liquids may be older and had more time to steep. The other may be the flavors added that have a darker color to them from the start.

If it is the same flavor, from the same vendor my guess would be one was produced/mixed prior to the other and has more time to steep.

Reactions: SpogNYC

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Some flavors are just dark, like Naturally Extracted tobacco or some others. I had a storebought coco that I loved, it is the darkest flavor I own, but it's a coilkiller, I'm hoping to mix my own at some point, that maybe doesn't have color added in (I think it almost MUST have, it was so dark). Some juice flavors are naturally pale colored, for example I have a store bought peppermint that is almost colorless. Juices will tend to darken over time, but sometimes the color has to do with what particular flavor is added to the liquid, and in what quantities.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of darkening while steeping, but some flavors just won't have much color in them. The exact "why" is probably a mix of steeping, and what ingredients are used in the e-liquid.... There's nothing wrong with using a darker liquid, besides the fact that "sweet" and "dark" are usually a bad combination for coil life. My coco will kill a coil on day 1 or day 12, so I tend to save it for when I know my coil is ending its useful life, or for mixing with other flavors to dilute some of the "gunk" factors. But, using that kind of juice at all tends to decrease my coil life....

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread