Is vaping bad for your lungs/breath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Don't assume any physical symptoms are coming from just vaping. There are so many possibilities. For instance, you could have symptoms of a previously hidden allergy showing up. Docs say allergies are there before hitting overload levels that produce symptoms. The point is, don't make hasty correlations. I've had allergies since childhood and symptoms to "new" allergens show up almost annually. I have friends who never had a symptom, never thinking of themselves as having allergies, and all of a sudden one showed up and when it did it was bad. I'm just saying see a doc or do your own experiments. Where are you running? I'm highly allergic to mold and mildew and when I walk (a mile a day) and pass by places with it I have a harder time breathing... same thing with certain types of evergreens. In my case, it seems mildew hides everywhere.. in restaurant and even hospital walls... go figure. Good luck to you.

Last edited:

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
If you can handle 5 days a week, i say go for it. I probably ran about 5-6 days a week when I started, and slowly moved to about 4 days a week. Right now after my knee scare, I'm not running as much. Maybe 1-3 times a week just to make sure I don't lose everything I worked for. Plus, It's winter and cold. If you like the cold, just running around town, near stores and shops can be great. Keeps your mind entertained with everything going on, helping you to keep running.

I loved using this site for jogging outdoors, to help me keep a tally how far I was running- Running, Running Maps and Running Routes, Runners Community | MapMyRun

Since you don't have a ton of time to train, pushing yourself a few times a week past your comfort zone could help you meet your goal in time. I would check into running/exercise forums for better advice though.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Don't forget that the body needs rest time too. Idealy you only need to do distance work about 2 day a week, and speed drills about 2 days a week, with probably one of those days (or an additional day) spent in the gym. Also it's important to learn how to run properly (a HS track coach can be your best friend). If you are landing on your heels instead of the ball of your foot, you will pay the price for it. Just having a foot pointing out at a 45 degree angle adds up to 20 extra steps in a mile. Running with your hands clinched instead of relaxed will shorten your stride. The list just goes on and on.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX, USA
    True that long term studies aren't in yet (vaping has been around for less than 10 years), but short term results are that people who started vaping show marked improvement in their health. I haven't heard of any deaths resulting from vaping during the 7 years it's been around.

However, I understand there are more than 2,300 class action suits from people who took Chantix and/or had a relative take it because of adverse behavioral reactions to it, maybe even some suicides.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread