Is your e juice really premium or NOT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
I've been vaping for a little over a year now and I bought different flavored juices by a number of brands, some were cheap and some were more expensive. Besides, some juices I buy that is organic, besides the more expensive juices giving you unique and more mixtures of flavor is there a real difference when they all claim to be premium or ultra premium e juice? I've bought cheap e juice that tasted pretty good and some horrible and tasted expensive juice that was horrible.

Cheap liquids I bought:

Liqua
Voodoo
V-Smoke
It Is Vapor (HOUSE e juice)
Vaporage
couple other brands I don't remember

More Expensive liquids I bought:

Vapor All
Velvet Cloud Vapor
Cosmic Fog
Ruthless
Halycyon
Villain Vaors
Illusions
Eliq
Space Jam

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
What makes a premium juice? Ummm that would be just a title. Most eliquid vendors use 1 of 4 flavor vendors, some may use a couple of other as well. There are some who can master a very complex juice by using several flavors. I've found it still really isn't a premium juice because I can replicate any juice I try right at home with my own flavors.

Many ejuice companies claim their juices are Premium, but that doesn't mean anything. It's either good or bad. I've tasted some bottle of juices that cost $28 for 30ml that I can't believe its being sold as anything other than garbage. Just nasty. Then, I've purchased some who had no claim of premium that should be labeled as Gourmet because it was that delicious.

Just don't pay attention to fancy titles because they mean zilch. Even customer feedback sections mean very little because taste is subjective. What I like you may despise. I may say this tastes like caramel but to you it tastes like somebody's feet. Trust me, I see people recommending a juice giving it rave reviews then others buy it and comment their disgust for it. It's best to just try several vendors, not looking at titles, just look at the flavor profiles, then go from there.

graffiti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2014
CT
It's so variable from person to person.

For example, 5P is "premium" juice. I got both their standard and mixology sample bottles.

I was impressed by grandmaster and queenside wasn't bad, but the rest were unvapeable for me.

Anything with cinnamon is difficult for me to vape, as the cinnamon tends to overpower.

That said, my ADV is VTNWs Sasquatch, at $0.32 per ml, which is pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things.

It's all in what you like.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
seeing how there are only 4 or 5 basic ingredients in the juice and any one that can bake a cake from scratch,
and read any number of online guides on how to make it can do it.i don't see 2 cents difference between 99%
of the juice out there.the older makers have earned respect more from there consistent products,and customer service
than anything else.most of what you hear is just plain hype.
online reviewers,they get free stuff so,of course its great.they do mostly recommend good stuff though.
online posters,either there schilling for some company(nothing really wrong with that if the pays good)or,
think they are some kind of e-juice gourmet."the fine nuances and subtleties in this juice like fine wine blah,blah,blah)
settle down Francis.
the vendors themselves,the finest ingredients,painstakingly manufactured at our state of the art laboratories by virgin wood fairies,blah,blah,blah,ad infinitum.marketing hype.just advertising.nothing to see here.
the one that gets me is("all our products are made of 100% natural ingredients").
hello!pharmaceutical grade and food grade ingredients are as natural as you can get by definition.
at the end its what floats your boat.if you like it,thats cool.
:2c:
regards
mike

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
I agree somewhat.....many cheaper juices are very basic to me.
Like MBV and Lucky7..............while good.......they are not complex flavors.

Two of my favorite "premium" juice vendors are
Mountain Oak Vapors and Bionic vapor

From Mountain Oak, Try Legendary.....It's Nutty, Banana(y) and Chocolatey.....hard to describe but delicious.
From Bionic, Try Drunken Jungle.......Banana/Rum....very good flavor.......or Dance With Miami......peach/mango/guava.

Both vendors sell complex....and delicious liquids. IMO

And both vendors that I mentioned are reasonably priced.

Last edited:

Merryhellion

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
Burlington, WI, USA
Premium is whatever makes me happy to vape. I'm a Nicoticket junkie, I love Viasi, Ecblends has some fantastic flavors, Ahlusion has been wonderful for me, and Madtown Vapes (by far the most cost effective) has deliciousness for very affordable prices.

Premium is whatever makes you happy, and keeps you vaping rather than smoking.

ChurchMouse

Apr 24, 2014
Illinois
Honestly I think some of it is psychological. Some people see a low price tag and expect it to be bad, so it tastes bad to them. The really expensive "gourmet" juices are probably so meh to me not because they're bad, but because I know what I paid for it and expect to be knocked off my feet accordingly. It usually doesn't happen. Why? Because they all use some combination of the same few ingredients and one of a small handful of flavoring suppliers. If I'm quite satisfied with the fairly simple recipes offered by "discount" vendors, why pay for a lobster label when I'm ordering a burger?

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Looking for the places that make their own extracts is a good place to start.
if the vendors selling flavors do not have natural extracts as opposed the synthetic that means that its cost prohibitive to do so.
i can see only a very small vendor with very very expensive juice and a waiting list a mile long doing this.
regards
mike

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Packaging and price.
You can make a fantastic e-liquid, including using some of the pricier or more complex flavorings or additives, and still have the cost under $0.10/ml. But the MARKET has room for liquids up to $1/ml, if they have a unique flavor.

So I ignore whether it's called Premium or Budget, and just try what sounds like a good flavor and vendor.
(my FAVORITE is now DIY, but I still buy juice for variety and ideas)

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI
if the vendors selling flavors do not have natural extracts as opposed the synthetic that means that its cost prohibitive to do so.
i can see only a very small vendor with very very expensive juice and a waiting list a mile long doing this.
regards
mike

Ahlusion, The Vape Kitchen, Velvet Cloud Vapor etc. There are plenty of them, and no, the waiting lists are not a mile long.

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
I completely agree, that everyone has different taste and in juices some that were recommended in a shop I sampled and was the worst thing I've tasted, and a lot of the cheaper flavors are usually more basic flavors. If it doesn't make much of difference then I will buy cheaper juice for my tanks, but will be stuck with more expensive juice for dripping. I'm not trying to sound cheap, it's just with a new MOD, and RDAs and everything I had to buy to go along with it and burning juice, I'm not sure if I'm really saving money anymore?

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Its just a title to make you think its better. Used to be if its not Chinese than its "gourmet"? Then it became, if they make their own flavorings instead of using the same flavor manufacturers, then that's the new "gourmet". What's gourmet is just what you like, though flavor quality is evolving it certainly doesn't apply to everyone even if they make their own flavorings.

Archon

Apr 12, 2014
California, USA
Looking for the places that make their own extracts is a good place to start.

This is also what I'd suggest. Five Pawns being another good example. Anyone can say their liquid is "premium" but if they don't put in the effort to actually make it a higher quality than most juices out there, then it's just ink on paper.

But at the end of the day, it comes down to your preference. If you're happy with a less expensive juice, awesome. If you're looking for something more, there's more out there.

For example: I love beer. I've tried hundreds of different beers from breweries from all over the world. I can sit back and enjoy a cheap light lager, but sometimes I want a more expensive, barrel aged stout. But then there's people like my dad who say, "Beer is beer."

Try it out, and if it's not for you, then that's fine. As long as you're a happy vaper.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Ahlusion, The Vape Kitchen, Velvet Cloud Vapor etc. There are plenty of them, and no, the waiting lists are not a mile long.
none of them claim to extract there own flavors from raw product.
ahlusion;What sets us apart is that we produce over 80% of our flavored extracts and concentrates for use in our e-liquids instead of just mere mixing and/or reselling. From the careful selection of quality ingredients and concentrates, to our flavor (concentrates and extracts) making process which follows rigid quality control standards (See: About Our E-Liquids faq).
careful selection of quality ingredients and extracts. are the key words.they make there own versions of flavors
using the same stuff every one else uses.
the vape kitchen: We also handcraft many of our own flavors from scratch.
yes there unique flavors invented by them using the same stuff everyone else uses.
there not taking grapes and actually extracting flavor from them.
velvet cloud vapor:A: These are indeed all VG, Organic & Naturally flavored, Home made, hand-brewed, and full of love.
if you don't use any synthesized ingredients all the rest are organic and natural by definition due to purity standards.
doesn't matter where the raw materials come from.
i'm not saying there making bad stuff but,you have to understand marketing hype.
it would be cost prohibitive to make food grade flavoring.it wouldn't meet purity standards.
regards
mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread