istick 50w firing by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrown12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
illinois
So just today, my istick 50w has been having a huge problem. its firing by itself and it wont stop. i had my dark horse rda on it today and felt it burning in my pocket. I originally thought the button was being pressed in my pocket so i took it out and kept trying to turn it off and hit the button but it just kept on firing. I had to find something to unscrew the rda so it would stop burning because the button did absolutely nothing. I then just put my dark horse back on, vaped away, then mustve forgotten to turn it off and put it in my backpack and it happened again and i freaked out, because i knew the button wasnt being pressed. Then once at home i re-wicked, set it on the counter and it fired by itself once again and couldnt be stopped until i unscrewed the rda. I know it isnt the RDA because i threw it on my girlfriends Istick and there were no problems.

HELP PLEASE

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
Over the black plastic bit (the screen and around the buttons) these's a piece of thin clear plastic glued to it that's designed to protect it from scratches. Make sure that this hasn't slipped and is partially lying on top of a corner of the fire button and holding it down. You can safely remove it as it's only there for cosmetic reasons. Hope this helps.

Edit - This is the case with the 20W version - I'm assuming this is the same with the 50W also.

Last edited:

DatguyRay

Mar 11, 2015
New Jersey
stop vaping and see if your condition gets better! If not consult a doc.

It's nothing to fool around with. It can have a various of reasons so it would take probably a screening to actually pin point the problem.

And you should vape constantly at 150-400watts that might also be a cause for some.

What vattage have you been vaping recently and all the years?

good luck, hope the condition gets better. :)

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State

It's nothing to fool around with. It can have a various of reasons so it would take probably a screening to actually pin point the problem.

And you should vape constantly at 150-400watts that might also be a cause for some.

??????????

dbrown12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
illinois

You're drunk, time to go to bed

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
The 50W has its button on the side, away from the screen.

Its defective, and possibly dangerous. Don't use it again. Return or exchange it.

This. I definitely agree. Keep the iStick off and in its original packaging to return to the vendor.

Auto firing is pretty sketchy, this is the first I've heard of problems with the 50W iStick.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Your unit is absolutely NOT SAFE TO VAPE! Contact the vendor who sold the unit to you. If at all possible I would try to contact the manufacturer As well and let them know what's happening. The manufacturer might even be willing to replace it for you. Even if they aren't the manufacturer should be made aware of this issue. I would be on the lookout for a different mod if I were you. Good luck and keep us posted on what happens.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
i will continue with the istick again, this seems to be an isolated incident, if it happens again i will definately be avoiding the eleaf products.

Nice. Definitely let us know if you encounter more problems. I've heard nothing but good things about the iStick 50W, this is the first actual incident that I've heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread