Joyetech Ego AIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
How does it compare to the SS coils in terms of flavor and vapor production? Does it have a tight draw to it? Hopefully it it being only 1.5 the coils will last longer and won't drink up too much juice :D
Seeing as how my SS coils burnt, I have nothing to compare the Clapton with yet. Do have some SS coming this week. Vapor is good on the tightest air setting. I'm on the fence about the flavor part as sometimes it's good then gets bland but I think it's my juice. The flavor is not that strong to start out with.

Chemtx

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Weatherford, TX
I saw this little one and decided I had to have it. The Cubis has grown on me (with trial and error) and so the tank design on the AIO was familiar. I intend to use it as my travel mod; I'm thinking it will be perfect to take with me when I have to fly out on business trips. If its confiscated by the flight police, its easily replaced. So far its been a very enjoyable vape.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I saw this little one and decided I had to have it. The Cubis has grown on me (with trial and error) and so the tank design on the AIO was familiar. I intend to use it as my travel mod; I'm thinking it will be perfect to take with me when I have to fly out on business trips. If its confiscated by the flight police, its easily replaced. So far its been a very enjoyable vape.
I think that's the key with these little buggers. A slight learning curve for what will work, but once it's found these devices can be great. I love mine, got another one coming in the mail. :)

Reactions: gerrymi

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
I got my AIO and used the stock coil for about a week. The flavor and vapor was great. I didn't have the burning coil problems or anything. I think you just have to get a feel for how fast it wicks and adjust accordingly. To say I had to change my vaping style is an understatement since I usually vape DTL from a dripper. But I enjoy the change every now and then. Plus, it's a great little take-along device that gives a real satisfying vape while I'm out.
And the lights... :wub:

But, I couldn't be satisfied with that. I had to try the little hack where you pull the cap off the top of the coil for more airflow/DTL style vaping. I'd used the first coil for a week and had another one anyway. So, off with the cap! Well, to be sure, without that little cap over the coil the airflow was greatly increased and I was able to straight lung it. A whole lot more air coming through but (and this is the sad part), I lost a huge amount of flavor! It wasn't even acceptable. No way was it worth the extra amount of air I was getting.

No worries though. I immediately snatched that thing out and went for the other stock coil I had. Or not. It wasn't in the box. Apparently, I've lost it somewhere in here. So, my only other option was to install the rba. Unfortunately, the flavor with that was no match for the 0.6 stock coil either. :(

Another thing I noticed was that the side holes on the rba are at a fairly high level in the tank. After about a ml of juice is vaped, you're going to be below the level of those juice holes. While I understand that it will still have the bottom holes to wick through, I wonder if it will have any effect on the tank pressure or wicking in general when you get below those side holes. I haven't got to that point yet.

Lastly, has anyone rebuilt any of the stock coils? Will that little top cap have to be removed to rebuild them and if so, is it replaceable? I think the best vape for me on this is going to be in replicating those .6 stock coils but not worth it if I can't replace that little cap. When I removed the cap from mine, it flew off somewhere and I haven't found it yet to check. And, if anyone comes across a great build for the rba in the AIO, please share. :)

Oh yeah... be careful if you get one with a drip tip that's hard to remove. Mine was and it pulled the entire chimney section out rather than come loose. The airflow ring fell off and it's o ring came out. Had to search for that. I pried the tip off the chimney part and put it all back together but it still comes off with the drip tip every now and then.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I have had one of these things for a week. It seems to get hot when I vape a lot, not chain vape but close. Does that hold true for others?
It got hot when I used the .6 coils. I am using 1.5 coils in it now and doesn't get hot at all. Have the air way down too. I didn't get to use the coil long before it burnt on me, but do remember it being a rather warm vape.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
It got hot when I used the .6 coils. I am using 1.5 coils in it now and doesn't get hot at all. Have the air way down too. I didn't get to use the coil long before it burnt on me, but do remember it being a rather warm vape.
Thanks. I'm using the coil that came with the device, just assumed that it was higher ohms. I guess I'll have to check when I get back home.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
I was thinking the same thing but was wondering if it would leak like crazy during the flight. Does anyone know? I fly out Thursday.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I have had one of these things for a week. It seems to get hot when I vape a lot, not chain vape but close. Does that hold true for others?
it will get warm.....if you think about it, there is no real division between mod and tank......most devices will heat up around the tank area when used a lot..since the tank is PART of the mod...it stands to reason the heat will spread down. As long as it doesn't get too hot, you will be ok.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I was thinking the same thing but was wondering if it would leak like crazy during the flight. Does anyone know? I fly out Thursday.
best way is to go through with the tank empty, juice in a bottle, but, if the tank isn't topped off, and you close off the air flow, you SHOULD be ok....cabin is pressurized.

Reactions: pokemom

Fajar

Mar 27, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
I got my AIO and used the stock coil for about a week. The flavor and vapor was great. I didn't have the burning coil problems or anything. I think you just have to get a feel for how fast it wicks and adjust accordingly. To say I had to change my vaping style is an understatement since I usually vape DTL from a dripper. But I enjoy the change every now and then. Plus, it's a great little take-along device that gives a real satisfying vape while I'm out.
And the lights... :wub:

But, I couldn't be satisfied with that. I had to try the little hack where you pull the cap off the top of the coil for more airflow/DTL style vaping. I'd used the first coil for a week and had another one anyway. So, off with the cap! Well, to be sure, without that little cap over the coil the airflow was greatly increased and I was able to straight lung it. A whole lot more air coming through but (and this is the sad part), I lost a huge amount of flavor! It wasn't even acceptable. No way was it worth the extra amount of air I was getting.

No worries though. I immediately snatched that thing out and went for the other stock coil I had. Or not. It wasn't in the box. Apparently, I've lost it somewhere in here. So, my only other option was to install the rba. Unfortunately, the flavor with that was no match for the 0.6 stock coil either. :(

Another thing I noticed was that the side holes on the rba are at a fairly high level in the tank. After about a ml of juice is vaped, you're going to be below the level of those juice holes. While I understand that it will still have the bottom holes to wick through, I wonder if it will have any effect on the tank pressure or wicking in general when you get below those side holes. I haven't got to that point yet.

Lastly, has anyone rebuilt any of the stock coils? Will that little top cap have to be removed to rebuild them and if so, is it replaceable? I think the best vape for me on this is going to be in replicating those .6 stock coils but not worth it if I can't replace that little cap. When I removed the cap from mine, it flew off somewhere and I haven't found it yet to check. And, if anyone comes across a great build for the rba in the AIO, please share. :)

Oh yeah... be careful if you get one with a drip tip that's hard to remove. Mine was and it pulled the entire chimney section out rather than come loose. The airflow ring fell off and it's o ring came out. Had to search for that. I pried the tip off the chimney part and put it all back together but it still comes off with the drip tip every now and then.
Same here, I had about a week with my second stock coil (my first one lasted five days). I now use the 0,5 coils and the airflow is amazing...well, maybe too amazing lol. For guy who just started vaping it felt weird drawing through such a large flow, so I adjusted the cap to 90degrees to get the tightest draw. Much better, and that still gave a better airflow than the 0,6 coils with the airflow at it's fullest! I guess the 0,6 coils were specifically designed to give a cig-like draw to smokers who just started vaping.
On my 8th day with the 0,5 and so far i can vape with no burnt taste...with a catch though. Just yesterday i found that if i took a draw more than 3 seconds a burnt taste takes over the flavor. So technically yes, I think my coil is near its limit (if not already). But as long the 3 second rules still applies i refuse to change to a fresh coil LOL!

I'm still a noob vaper so i'm no where near building coils, let alone the cubis coil, which even some seasoned builders find it frustrating :p

Maybe i can lend a tip for pulling out the driptip. I find it easier to pull out if i twist the driptip while pulling out. Kinda like openning a bottle cap. Hope it helps:)

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Same here, I had about a week with my second stock coil (my first one lasted five days). I now use the 0,5 coils and the airflow is amazing...well, maybe too amazing lol. For guy who just started vaping it felt weird drawing through such a large flow, so I adjusted the cap to 90degrees to get the tightest draw. Much better, and that still gave a better airflow than the 0,6 coils with the airflow at it's fullest! I guess the 0,6 coils were specifically designed to give a cig-like draw to smokers who just started vaping.
On my 8th day with the 0,5 and so far i can vape with no burnt taste...with a catch though. Just yesterday i found that if i took a draw more than 3 seconds a burnt taste takes over the flavor. So technically yes, I think my coil is near its limit (if not already). But as long the 3 second rules still applies i refuse to change to a fresh coil LOL!

I'm still a noob vaper so i'm no where near building coils, let alone the cubis coil, which even some seasoned builders find it frustrating :p

Maybe i can lend a tip for pulling out the driptip. I find it easier to pull out if i twist the driptip while pulling out. Kinda like openning a bottle cap. Hope it helps:)
having your airflow gated down to a lower setting is actually helping your coil wick the juice faster. If you wanted to open the airflow up, but still vape as long, you would need to use a thinner juice (higher in PG percentage) then what you are using.......a 50/50 mix works well with airflow wide open...but most store bought juices are around 70/30 now.

Reactions: Fajar

Fajar

Mar 27, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
having your airflow gated down to a lower setting is actually helping your coil wick the juice faster. If you wanted to open the airflow up, but still vape as long, you would need to use a thinner juice (higher in PG percentage) then what you are using.......a 50/50 mix works well with airflow wide open...but most store bought juices are around 70/30 now.
I see..no wonder the flavor is better when taking a tighter draw! And yes, when the coil was still fresh I could take long draws with the airflow wide open without any burnt taste. But even now with the 50/50 juice I find suitable only taking 3 second draws using the tightest airflow, probably because the coil's over a week old. Thank you yet again sir @USMCotaku for the info and advice you've given on this thread. I've learned quite a lot, from others too as well :)

Oh I have a question, without regarding sweeteners, i heard that coils have a longer lifespan using fruity+menthol juices compared to when using creamy-based liquids..is that true?

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I see..no wonder the flavor is better when taking a tighter draw! And yes, when the coil was still fresh I could take long draws with the airflow wide open without any burnt taste. But even now with the 50/50 juice I find suitable only taking 3 second draws using the tightest airflow, probably because the coil's over a week old. Thank you yet again sir @USMCotaku for the info and advice you've given on this thread. I've learned quite a lot, from others too as well :)

Oh I have a question, without regarding sweeteners, i heard that coils have a longer lifespan using fruity+menthol juices compared to when using creamy-based liquids..is that true?
To the first part.....your coil is probably getting gunked up, so what you are tasting is actually the coil gunk starting to burn off. Once a coil gunks up enough, it is toast (can't dry burn cotton wicked coils).

As to the second, yes, that is often true...usually because the fruit flavors tend to use less sweetener, and are often more clear, both things that will extend the life of a coil.

Reactions: Fajar

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I just got mine and I think I am going to like it. I have the ego one megas and feel like they are putting too much vape in my lungs. As an ex-smoker 35 years, I vape all day and like the idea of a little less vape for my nico habit.

That's what nice about this, depending on your atomizer choice, you can tight draw MTL, or open it up with the .5 ohm coils. I tried the included .6, and the Clapton, but didn't care for the tight draw. Went back to the SS .5. I don't DL, but like more vapor without feeling like I'm sucking on a bar straw.

Reactions: Bonskibon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread