china
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered

tica02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Minne-soda!
I sent it back this morning. My husband doesn't smoke too much, maybe 4-5 cigarettes a day when he's working, so I can imagine he will share whatever I decide to buy. I haven't picked out anything yet, but I'll have a pack of boge's and 2 vision egos in blue and green up for grabs when they come. Let me know if you want them and I'll send them to you.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
My husband doesn't smoke too much, maybe 4-5 cigarettes a day ...

Then he smokes too much.

He obviously needs to stop doing that.

I'm a little surprised that you don't seem to have come to one of the main conclusions that I have come to after discovering vaping; namely, that anyone who has the brainpower to conclude that cigarette smoking shouldn't be engaged in is an excellent candidate for cessation thereof through the wonders of vaping, because it is A) more enjoyable than smoking cigarettes, B) it costs far less, and C), oh yeah, it doesn't kill you.

Despite his recent journey to Florida to attend Wrestlemania, I'm going to presume that he possesses such brainpower. That makes me wonder why you think it will be satisfactory for the two of you to share a single PV, when he will almost undoubtedly start vaping.

Yes, I am frustrated. The e-Power is a slam dunk no-brainer for a beginning power unit, and you had one in your hands and didn't even try it out to see how it performed. It would have been great for your husband, or as I say, a friend from whom you could have spared the enormous hassle of figuring this all out.

As I type this, I'm vaping on my one remaining Joyetech battery, the passthrough, having loaned out the other two to friends of mine who are now off of cigarettes. I have no drip tip, having loaned out my last one to my friend Sean, who was struggling to stop smoking and is now happily vaping some Geoff's Blend from Tasty Vapor and a nice menthol-enhanced Mom and Pop's Tobacco Haze. I have a list with at least a dozen names on it of people I have or will lend, give, or obtain setups for because they are killing themselves with cigarettes.

I say this because I hope that everyone who reads this will make an effort to have at least one complete setup on hand at all times to be able to give to someone they care about and say "here you go". If they don't like vaping, which would be odd, then fine. If they do, they can reimburse you for the gear, and you can order another spare kit for the next person whose life you vastly improve.

Yes, I have been very direct. Life is far too short not to be, and even shorter for those caught up in the ravages of cigarette smoking. Knowing what we know, I think it's our duty as human beings to help others discover and fully appreciate this amazing alternative to smoking.

tica02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Minne-soda!
Not everyone needs a 5 pound apparatus to quit smoking. There are plenty of comparable things out there that will do people just fine. I understand your frustration and I'm sorry that you feel that way, but not everyone is the same. I'm not here to argue or get into a fight or make anyone upset.

Vaping is an amazing alternative to smoking. And there's 50,000 different vaping accessories to choose from. I choose to go a different route than you and I don't believe that there is anything wrong with that. My husband has a much easier time quitting smoking than me, he can put it down and walk away and the only time he ever starts up again is when I do. Sharing a pv at the bar is pretty much undoubtedly the only time he'll ever smoke. If he decides that he wants to start vaping too, I'll buy him whatever he wants.

I appreciate your directness, but remember everyone is different. Just because I want something smaller than a cuban cigar doesn't mean I want to quit smoking any less. I'm about to go in on some stuff with my mom - highly probably it wouldn't be something that you would recommend, but if it works for us, then what is bad about it?

You and I might have to get in debates about other stuff too :p

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Ooooh, I like the look of that all black e-power. LOL

Oh that old thing? Yeah, it's OK I guess. Bought it off some geezer from New Yawwwk. I suppose I'll keep it, mainly because it ROCKKKKKS!

Hey, glad to hear Cliffie came through with your dough; he must have sobered up just in time to finish his route. First time for eveything I guess. :)

Thanks again Richie!

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Well heck, you're pretty close to China - you should be able to get back up and running in no time. What are you using for a vaping device? Gotta have some backup at all times, in case one device craps out, or any critical part thereof. Even relying on one charger can leave you high and dry. You listening, Sarah? :)

tica02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Minne-soda!
Hey john :) I've got a kGo coming from Brent and two halo g6 kits for me and my mom. I'm also gonna order a hello jewels because they are sexy so I should be set for awhile.
I just got a juice order from pink spot and I'm not fond of pretty much any of the flavors. They all taste chemically to me. I think ill stick with backwoods brew. Is there any place that requires minimum steeping time? I love my strawberry but getting sorta sick of it. It is yummy though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Is there any place that requires minimum steeping time?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Hi Sarah :)

Sorry it took a while to get back to you. I'm still trying to get a handle on steeping times. I had a lengthy conversation about it with Chris at Tasty Vapor about that, inspired by a PBusardo YouTube mini-rant about how all juice vendors should say on their sites how long each particular juice they offer should be steeped, if at all, to achieve its optimal flavor. I can't find my notes right now, but in general, he said that dairy-type flavors needed the most steeping time - like maybe a couple of weeks - and that lighter flavors, ike maybe fruits, were more ready to go right away. I tend to think that lighter-colored juices might take less time than darker ones; like Geoff's Blend, from Tasty Vapor. Rich, complex, and yummy - Chris said that really should be steeped for maybe a couple of weeks.

I seriously recommend that you get maybe three flavors from Tasty Vapor; Geoff's Blend, Caramel Popcorn, and Rainbow Sherbet. They have the deal where you can get the juice in up to 48mg, then get "Doublers" which are the same flavor in zero nicotine, which is four times cheaper than the nic juice. Since the nic juice is the same price whether it's 12mg or 48mg, to me it's a no-brainer to get the 48mg juice and reduce the nic level to whatever you want. The (same-)flavored Doublers
let you do that without reducing the flavor.

Let me know if you have any q's. Take care. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread