Just bought my first ecig...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tica02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Minne-soda!
Now that I've found these forums I'm not totally convinced I purchased what I should have. I bought a starter kit from greensmartliving.com, totally due to the cheaper price. I'm a total newbie, I don't understand half the talk around here about carts and tanks and other things, my head is spinning.

I've been looking at crystal clear vaping since the general consensus seems to be that refilling with juice is better than premade cartridges. Does anyone have any time spent with the crystal clear products? I'd like something that has good throat hit with a decent amount of smoke, in some decent flavors. I seem to be constantly puffing on this one that I bought and that doesn't really seem like it's the point.

If you recommended crystal clear vaping, could you give me some advice on what I should buy to get me started, the essentials I need, what I do with them, and what kind of level juice a pack a day smoker would need. I really truly want to quit smoking regular cigarettes.

Thanks for any help you could give.

House Lover

Mar 31, 2012
USA
Hi Sarah, I'm new the the forums too. I'm sure that some of the more experienced vapers on here could give you really good advice if you hang out for a bit. I learned what I learned from watching youtube vids. There's some cool ones with Dr. Vapor that taught me enough to make what I felt was a great purchase. I sorta wish I had bought an Ego or a 510 but I picked up a DSE 901 and so far I am loving it.

It looks like you got a S801? I've never heard of that one but by the looks of it they use cartomizers. check out those dr. vapor vids, they will clear a lot of stuff up! Also, keep poking around the forums, you'll find a lot of info out there.

tica02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Minne-soda!
Yes it's an s801. I just can't seem to put the damn thing down! I was looking through the pictures on the forums and I absolutely love the look of something like this http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...225727-pictures-your-setup-3.html#post4182179 post number 24. It doesn't have to at all look like a real cigarette.

I'm going to poke around and try to watch some videos, but any input is wonderful. Thanks House Lover!

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
Electronic cigarettes have evolved explosively since I started 3 years ago. Inevitably, there's always new developments, meaning, there's always something better than what I'm currently using.

Unless you have unlimited resources, continually searching for "The Best" is a fruitless endeavor. Far more practical is to determine whether what you have works for you. If not, find something that does.

And when you find it, stick with it.

tica02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Minne-soda!
I definitely understand your point. I'm not really searching for what is best in general more trying to get a feel for what would work for me based on my habits as a smoker.

I really like the looks of the ones with the tanks on top like that post I linked. I'd also like something with a longer battery life. Something that's going to last me most of the day liquid wise that I'm not going to be constantly puffing on like the one I just purchased. And I'm fairly girly so I don't really need a big square box.

There's just way too much to choose from. Not to mention I don't really have a money tree to be trying everything under the sun also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

ZEROnicVāPr

Mar 24, 2012
NE OH, USA
Sarah, first of all, welcome to the wonderful world of vaping! My wife has been off analogs for 3 mos and I'm so proud of her... She started with a trial I bought for her - I was a SUPER-NOOB, but it got her into it and off real cigs (my goal). She had a co-worker that liked green smoke, so she bought their kit and had decent success, started refilling carts and after she got sick of that, ended up with a pink kGo and smok tech DCT 3.5mL tank setup from Hoosiers E-cig supply. She loves it! The battery is 1100 maH and lasts her more than all day. You can research that model and when you are ready, I would advise it. My advice for now is stay off analogs, get used to vaping and figure out what you like. The community is here to answer any questions you have. Good luck on your journey!

ZEROnicVāPr

Mar 24, 2012
NE OH, USA
Sarah, forgot to recommend juice - depends on what brand and strength of cigs you smoked. My wife smoked Newport Lights and now has fallen in love with Moon Drops from Virgin Vapor in a 50/50 PG/VG blend at 12 mg nic. She also likes Smooth Menthol from The Vapor Room at 12mg nic and is trying 75% PG to get a better throat hit. Hope this helps!

Darkstarncw

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Clemson, SC
The pic you linked is pretty darn close to what Zeronic's wife is using. The pic is a gogo with a homemade tank, you could easily do kgo's with a dct on the cheap. Crystal Clear Vaping is generally a site people use for purchasing cartos, but they do sell a nifty epower kit if you'd prefer something slightly heftier than a kGo. Tons of options for what you're looking for, and they're generally quite affordable, so watch a few reviews on youtube, look up some things on the forums, and fire off any more questions you might have.

koticat

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2012
USA...the tiny state of SC
Hi.....welcome! I'm a newbie too.....and when I first started I was like "Gosh, what do I DO????"!! Started off with a cheap kit.....21st Century Smoke.....looked like an analog.....and tasted like one too! But hey.....they had something going for them......they got me off of analog cigs......tobacco free since 2/18/12 and still going strong!! :)

Angi2299

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
W'ford, TX
+1 on the KGO from Hoosier's. Simple setup with good battery life. The only downside is the kit at Hoosier's comes with cartridges and atomizers (three piece setup). I would also order a couple different kinds of cartomizers in differing ohms to see what works for you. The E-power is also popular and is similar in appearance to the KGO. The big difference is the E-power uses non propietary batteries that can be removed and replaced. Both come highly recommended and have very good battery life.

I don't really like tobacco juices. My favorite juices so far are flaming pillows from Vapealicious Juices (cinnamon marshmallow) and cotton candy from Hoosier's. Vapors Etc. has really good fruit flavors. Look for vendors that sell sample sizes. I would not buy anything larger than 5-6 ml of juice until I tried it.

koticat

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2012
USA...the tiny state of SC
Oops.....not finished!! At any rate, after checking out videos on YouTube and googling everything under the sun about electronic cigarettes, I ended up purchasing an eGO with a 900 mAH battery.....lasts me almost 2 days between charges. I've also got 2 510 manual batteries, and an automatic 510 battery that I carry with me in the car. I do use atomizers and carts.....but I prefer small tanks, such as the bud tank, the 510 tank, and the smaller clearomizers. Keeps me from having to top up all the time. But I know once u find your favorite PV, you'll be good to go.....I'm good.....I've found my favorites and I'm gna stick with those. Good luck and happy vaping! :)

ZEROnicVāPr

Mar 24, 2012
NE OH, USA
If you're still looking at kGo, Sweet-Vapes.com has them in a cartomizer kit. That'll save you from having to pay for atomizers and cartridges that you probably will not be using. Their kit comes with 5 cartomizers. It won't hurt to pick up another box though.
I agree here, but definitely pick up an atomizer or two because once you direct drip... IMO, dripping gives me the BEST vaping experience. Only downside is you can't really drip in the car, on the go, etc...

tica02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Minne-soda!
Ego Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers
KGO Mega Dual Coil Kit 1100mah

That's what I've picked out, along with a fairly cheap liquid sampler kit. Any input is appreciated. Do I need anything special extra to be able to fill this or is the bottle efficient enough?

Edit: I may also see how much cheaper it would be to buy the batteries seperate from the starter pack instead. I'd like to knock a few bucks off of there if I can.

About how long does the liquid tend to last you?

Samyaza

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
London, ON
I would suggest (seeing as you like the tanks) one of these to try out and a LR Clearomizer (they are really easy to fill and maintain) or 2 :).

Edit: Liquid generally lasts between 3ml - 6ml a day for people. Bear in mind though that you may not really like a flavour or two that you buy. What strength liquid are you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread