Kanger Protank question

Status
Not open for further replies.

T4RJon

Jun 28, 2011
Chattanooga, TN
I was burning through coils like crazy on only one of my ProTanks. Found the post below today for my MVP and I think I found out why. The iTaste MVP goes through a cleaning cycle when the puff-counter rolls over from 999 to 0. this applies more power to the coil and burns it out quicker. Not sure if this will be of any assistance....

I'm very interested in rebuilding the coils, and pros/cons. Any references would be appreciated.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...apv-discussion/361213-itaste-mvp-warning.html

Thanks,

newbie - T4RJon

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
Try removing the top wick of the head. More flavor/vape. works for me.

(using protank on itaste mvp for 5 weeks)

I do the same, but I would recommend trying the head out with all of the included flavor wicks first. Some of the replaceable heads have worked perfectly for me after removing a flavor wick but others have leaked on me with thinner eliquids.

tiggy

Aug 15, 2013
Texas
Does anyone know who has the air flow controllers in stock? I bought a Kanger Pro Tank yesterday and I'm not at all happy with it really. I cannot get a throat hit to save my life and I'm not as mechinically inclined as some folks here. Thanks in advance.

Is it to airy for you? try putting a small piece of scotch tape on one of the holes on the 510 connection, i would not recomend that though. if you like bottom coil tanks, try a vape only BCC mega. not as airy, and you can use your own drip tip.

Also, get the protank 2 if you want to stay kanger.
Updates:
using your own drip tip, can be fully taken apart, uses the same heads as the protank one and protank mini. and not as airy breather tube. but still good.

tenchi_kioto

Jul 20, 2013
powell, tn
I haven't tried cheesecloth, but I did a micro-coil build on my protank this morning and pulled cotton ( from sterile cotton balls ) through it and it is vapetacular. (yep new word) No leaking, no dry hits, clean flavor.

I had a leaky MT3.. And changed to cloth was great but the tip broke off 4 days later now trying to find something new

sturat5150

Jul 28, 2013
Denton, Tx, USA
Does anyone know who has the air flow controllers in stock? I bought a Kanger Pro Tank yesterday and I'm not at all happy with it really. I cannot get a throat hit to save my life and I'm not as mechinically inclined as some folks here. Thanks in advance.

Added bonus to my cotton rebuild on protank, It tightened up the draw considerably.

balwin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado, United States

Kanger ProTank Base Replacement

mattrhdr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Toronto
Is it to airy for you? try putting a small piece of scotch tape on one of the holes on the 510 connection, i would not recomend that though. if you like bottom coil tanks, try a vape only BCC mega. not as airy, and you can use your own drip tip.

Also, get the protank 2 if you want to stay kanger.
Updates:
using your own drip tip, can be fully taken apart, uses the same heads as the protank one and protank mini. and not as airy breather tube. but still good.

I like the BCC Mega but the only problem for me is its plastic. And some eliquids crack the plastic, so I stick to pyrex. This is another pyrex one that im considering trying, it also looks like you can use your own drip tip too

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/notipsmkpyrex.htm

BDUAres

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
Texas, USA & London, UK
On my Sentinal clone I had to enlarge the air holes in the Protank base since the 510 connection is flush and blocks the airflow.

For wicking I found that even fresh from the box Protank heads would flood after a short while, especially when the tank was down to half full, and after a bunch of experimentation and reading the forums I bought some Peaches & Creme white cotton yarn and replaced the stock Protank top wick with 2 pieces of that. Instant fix and have been vaping on the same wicking for 24 hours straight without a single flood, gurgle or burning taste. At $3 or less for 109m of the stuff the yarn is now my favorite wicking material hands down and only takes about 10 seconds to swap out, using it straight cut from the ball of yarn!

Last edited:

randomhousegir

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Riverton, Utah
I am using an ego-c and want to get a protank 2. I saw that there are different ohms for replacement wicks and now I am not sure what to get...any help in that area would be appreciated. How do I know which one is best for me or how to figure out which ones will be good to try in the future.

Thank you

sent from my phone via tapatalk 2 because I can't stop reading and posting on ECF

mattrhdr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Toronto
I am using an ego-c and want to get a protank 2. I saw that there are different ohms for replacement wicks and now I am not sure what to get...any help in that area would be appreciated. How do I know which one is best for me or how to figure out which ones will be good to try in the future.

Thank you

sent from my phone via tapatalk 2 because I can't stop reading and posting on ECF

They come with 1 2.5ohm coil and 1 1.8ohm coil, try then both out and see what you prefer. I couldn't really judge so I just started using 2.2ohm coils, and they work fine for me.

Cheers, Matt

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

Tanks : Tank Airflow Controller

Got mine Monday and it does tighten the draw on the ProTank. However, at least with my PT2, it also inhibits vapor production.

Also, I strongly disagree with the suggestion of removing flavor wicks. If anything, I add to them or replace them altogether with even more wick. Those things are there for a reason.

roasted

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
USA
Check me off under the 'me too' category.

- I thoroughly wash and soak my heads before use
- I have removed one wick, both wicks, everything except what's bound in coil, all with different heads for testing
- I've kept my voltage considerably low. Currently I'm at 3.4v @ 2.7 ohm

Guess who still has burnt heads? Yep. This guy. The only saving grace that could prevent me from throwing this thing in the trash will be the wick/coil coming in the mail. I hope (hope hope hope hope) that rebuilt heads will prove to make this device... well... usable. Yep, I said it.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Check me off under the 'me too' category.

- I thoroughly wash and soak my heads before use
- I have removed one wick, both wicks, everything except what's bound in coil, all with different heads for testing
- I've kept my voltage considerably low. Currently I'm at 3.4v @ 2.7 ohm

Guess who still has burnt heads? Yep. This guy. The only saving grace that could prevent me from throwing this thing in the trash will be the wick/coil coming in the mail. I hope (hope hope hope hope) that rebuilt heads will prove to make this device... well... usable. Yep, I said it.

Questions:

Are you sure that you have genuine KangerTech equipment? If you do, the company logo and model will be stamped or engraved on the bottom ring.

Have you tried replacing the coil heads with KangerTech blister-pack packaged versions?

Are you priming the coil before using? Fill the tank, close it up and set it aside. Find something else to do for about 15-30 minutes, then start slowly.

I have never had a burnt taste, leaking or gurgling problems (that I didn't cause my own fool self) with any of my genuine Kanger gear, and I have a boatload of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread