Kanger Protank question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDUAres

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
Texas, USA & London, UK
Can you describe how you enlarged the air holes? I'm having the same problem on my Sigeili 8

There were already some air holes in the Kanger base, where the 510 threading connects to the base. I took my smallest drill bit, which seems to be slightly larger than the holes in the base threading, and just drilled through, by hand, with the base sitting on my desk.

20130821_201053_resized.jpg

Did the same thing to the holes in the EGO to 510 adapter (on the large side which would face up when installed into the mod - be sure to remove the electric connection pin first so you don't drill thru it and have to rebuild it like I did. Oops!), same bit, same to the air holes in my Sentinal clone, and I drilled 2 new holes in the EGO threaded beauty cone as it did not have any slots cut into it (the cone that came with the Kanger protank).

20130821_200948_resized.jpg

I just got in a new solid brass cone to replace that one, and it has 2 slots in it's top, so I did not need to drill that out.

Last edited:

BDUAres

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
Texas, USA & London, UK
I have replaced the flavor wicks in several Protank heads over the past week, but this past weekend I completely rebuilt my first ever successful coil from scratch, using 32g with 5 wraps around 3mm silica, and topped with a doubled piece of Peaches & Creme cotton yarn as a flavor wick. It had a very funky taste for about 5 minutes, then it was just like new after that. Think the flavor was the wire rather than the silica or yarn, as my replacement flavor wicks of the same yarn on a stock Kanger head coil never had a bad taste from the start.

I was more excited at having wrapped my first successful coil than I was at how well it performed, but I have been vaping on it for 3 days straight without any problems, so I guess I just joined the re-builders club!

MASchlabach23

Aug 18, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I have replaced the flavor wicks in several Protank heads over the past week, but this past weekend I completely rebuilt my first ever successful coil from scratch, using 32g with 5 wraps around 3mm silica, and topped with a doubled piece of Peaches & Creme cotton yarn as a flavor wick ... I was more excited at having wrapped my first successful coil than I was at how well it performed, but I have been vaping on it for 3 days straight without any problems, so I guess I just joined the re-builders club!

Having just joined myself, welcome to the club!

It's wonderful, that self-satisfied sense of accomplishment, isn't it? Really enhances the flavor! :laugh:

BDUAres

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
Texas, USA & London, UK
It will work on an egoC right? Maybe I didn't research as well as I should have....

Sure it will, though I personally would use lower resistance coils since the EGO is 3.7 volts. My mech mod is 3.7 volts as are my 1300mAh EGO type batteries, and all of them run my Protanks just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread