Kanger Protank vs. iClear 30 - My initial review (pics on SVD and Tesla)

Discussion in 'Tank Reviews' started by Debian Dog, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debian Dog

Debian Dog Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

First off I would like to say that I have had the iClear 30 since almost day one and have been for the most part happy. So when I received my ProTank I knew it would have to be VERY good to sway me away from the iClear. So far I have been more than pleased but anything works well for a little while. I will check back in a few weeks.

PROS of the iClear

• Easy to load
    • Great wicking till near the bottom
    • 4-5 tanks before it needs a cleaning or replacement wick assembly
    • Easy to read juice measurement on the side

CONS of the iClear
    • Cleaning is not that easy. You can soak it in everclear then try to brush off the "gunk" but I really think these things are designed to toss.
    • Tight draw
    • Plastic/Acrylic tank
    • Flavor is a bit muted when you put the same juice in a cartomister

PROS of the ProTank
    • Draw is amazing! This thing makes more "clouds of vapor" than anything I have ever had in my possession. The iClear is no slouch but it does not create the same level of vapor with the same effort.
    • Wicking is a non-issue being it is bottom fed
    • Glass tank
    • It does not look like it but, my syringe says it holds 3 MLs of juice

CONS of the ProTank
    • Expensive replacement heads
    • Not "difficult" to fill but more work than the iClear since you have to remove it from your PV
    • Looks like a nipple! Not that I have anything against boobs just seems a bit perverted looking

Here they are sitting on my Tesla and on my Itazte SVD and disassembled in to all their parts then a side by side

Tanks2013-04-03_4372.jpg Tanks2013-04-03_4371.jpg
    Tanks2013-04-03_4370.jpg Tanks2013-04-03_4369.jpg
    Tanks2013-04-03_4373.jpg

2. typo_joe

typo_joe Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nice review / highlights. I recently purchased both of these tanks and love them both. I've put a few tanks through the iClear30, but I just got the Protank earlier this evening. So far, I'm loving the Protank. Not that the iClear30 is a bad tank, but if both tanks were filled with the same juice, I'd reach for the Protank.

3. Debian Dog

yes I have gotten through the first 3 mLs and it has not missed a beat.

4. txtumbleweed

txtumbleweed Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I have both and I like the Protank the best. The heads for the Protank should be very cheap. I paid .50 cents each in a co-op so they should sell for around 1.00 retail. They are almost the same head as the evod and should sell for about the same price.:)

5. eratikmind

eratikmind Retired & Squonking It Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Good to read that you are pleased with your protank. After having used mine for the past 4 days, its doing very well.

Andy

6. JMarca

JMarca E-Cig Afficionado Verified Member ECF Veteran

iClear 30 deserves one more CON:

It loves to flood when you fill even remotely close to the top off 3ml marker, it'll flood and flood until you get down a bit then it calms down.

7. fourtwizzy

fourtwizzy Full Member Verified Member

Same thing happens on mine. I will order a protank soon they seem to be great from what I've seen people write!

8. TJ2Q

TJ2Q Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

ooo... this is such good news! I just got an iClear30 today and am very impressed with it! So, if you are vouching for the ProTank... that just means I have to get one for my collection :)

I will say though, I overfilled my iClear by accident b/c i wasn't paying attention at the time (almost covered the top wick set entirely) and didn't have any flooding issues. The juice is 100% PG too. Not going to push my luck on that aspect of it again though.

9. txtumbleweed

10. MadKat

MadKat Super Member ECF Veteran

I have loved everything about the vape I get from my iclear 30 except that it leaks....a lot! That bugs me because otherwise it's a great vape! I just filled my first kanger protank. It's airy and cooler, but so far so good! I've been reading a lot about this protank gurgling and leaking but so far I haven't had that problem. Will check back in if it does :)

11. nadja2

nadja2 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

this has been great help. i started with a ce4, moved on to vivi novas which had worked for me but recently got very pissed because it's ok until.. i try to replace the wicks. they never seem to fit into the tank/i can never screw it back down. so, buy new tank over n over n over again. blooody mad. the last 2 tanks was ok for 2 fills then went dead on me. it's the weekend and i have no clue where i can get tanks to vape :( i am ordering a few iclears with replacement heads for emergencies. i hope i can find and buy the protank too.

12. Lefty101

Lefty101 Full Member Verified Member

Keep us updated...

13. cherrycakes

cherrycakes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I'm getting a protank now because the iclear 30 leaks.
    and no matter how many times I clean the wicks they still have a funky taste.

I really liked it for the first few days though :(

14. Debian Dog

Well truth be told I have never overfilled it because i wanted to make sure it was wicking correctly. That is the "usual issue" I have with these things.

WOW! I thought it was going to be per... not per pack I will have to change my CON!

15. cherrycakes

how much are the iclear 30 replacement heads?

sheesh looks like I need to buy some.

>.>

16. Debian Dog

Should be < than $3 at a normal shop < $0.50 if you find them in bulk

17. cherrycakes

can't find them in stock anywhere :(

18. MadKat

MadKat Super Member ECF Veteran

19. cherrycakes

I really like my protank. it finally came today.

I think I need a new head for my iclear 30, it keeps leaking everywhere and tastes like chemicals >.>

20. txtumbleweed

Well I broke my first Protank today. It worked perfect for two weeks but after dropping it quite a few times the glass either cracked or broke loose under the bottom ring and it started leaking. It is toast but thank goodness I got another one in the mail today so I'm going to try and be more careful with this one because I really like the vape and I won't receive anymore for a couple of weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.