Kanger Protank vs. iClear 30 - My initial review (pics on SVD and Tesla)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
Does the protank make your juice taste like a tire fire like the vivi nova? I wanted to like the vivi nova, but it was awful. Stupid juice ruiner.

I haven't had any burnt tastes so far.. same with the iclear30 .. both have been pretty good to me

i'm with you, not a fan of the vivi's

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
I'm on day 3 using my protank and am happy with it. No leaking or gurgling and the flavor is nice. Not as strong or flavorful as the iclear 30 imo but I can't deal with the leaking and gurgling that comes with the iclear....

After a week on the ProTank, it's the best thing going in a cheap (relatively) clearomizer tank. With the bottom coil and glass it's a winner all the way around. Got two more on order and plan on several more when the next co-op comes around. Discountvapers.com was one of the few places that had them in stock the other day when I ordered, and got a handful of new heads while I was ordering.

My wife and kids will get the iClear 30s I have.

El_tecolote

Moved On
Apr 10, 2013
I too prefer the ProTank over the iClear 30, but both have functioned well for me with no leaking. I'm not all that fond of the tighter draw on the iClear, but it's not something I can't get used to. It's also a juice hog due to those crazy wicks. Taste is subjective, but I'm getting better taste with my juices from the ProTank. Perhaps because the tank is glass, it's a bit cleaner tasting.

Lava_Man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
MA
I don't have an iclear but was thinking of getting one, which brought me here. I got the pro tank and on day two I started to get some burnt hits off of it and a very airy draw, also a very muted flavor. I'm not sure what this is about because the reviews on it for the most part are pretty good. What am I doing wrong? Or is this just my luck with these types of tank's? Lol I plan on purchasing replacement heads to give it another shot. Any advice?

Debian Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
VA
XoomFAQ.com
I don't have an iclear but was thinking of getting one, which brought me here. I got the pro tank and on day two I started to get some burnt hits off of it and a very airy draw, also a very muted flavor. I'm not sure what this is about because the reviews on it for the most part are pretty good. What am I doing wrong? Or is this just my luck with these types of tank's? Lol I plan on purchasing replacement heads to give it another shot. Any advice?

I am starting to think it is somehow juice related I put so many tanks of Hummingbird Nectar though the Protank I was sick of it. I switch to coffee and it seemed to quickly degrade and I was swapping the wick every tank or so. The testing continues.

altron3k

Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
Seoul, South Korea
the protank is coming in a week but in the mean time- the iclear 30 i've been using definitely makes some good thick vapor vs vivi's or ce5's ...however i noticed the EVOD makes just as much if not more flavorful vapor (hence i would imagine protanks just as good) . The iclear30 definitely leaks from the mouthpiece/driptip after chain vaping and the liquid gets a lil warm/ thin. And the pull is WAY too tight for me- until you warm up the coils a bit. If the protank is an improved evod, it'll definitely be my fave. of course... after this Terminator C im gettin :)

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC
Yep !

I bought 2 and both flooded the well and drained from the bottom when filled to the 3ml mark..it sucks . It drains from the bottom all the way down below the 2ml mark. Then you have to clean the well out and blow thru tip otherwise you get a mouth full of juice..ugh.

I bought the 30's because I love the 16's .but figured the 30's would be nice because I wouldn't have to constantly fill the 30 like I do with the 16's.

My tanks on the 30's turned all milky frosty from washing them after first use (i gave up on them and decided to just clean them out) and
I use the same juice that I normally use ..butterscotch and licorice.

30's suck balls !

iClear 30 deserves one more CON:

It loves to flood when you fill even remotely close to the top off 3ml marker, it'll flood and flood until you get down a bit then it calms down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread