Kayfun V4 - no Vapor problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapires

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
London
Hi Guys,

Need to ask the veterans now.......hope you can help!

Got a Kayfun V4 clone and have assembled it up. I've tried it on my MVP and VTR.....Both show 15/1.6 resistance and work with my Aerotank

Its not leaking, when I press fire it's the same as I do with any other tank......

I don't know if a current is going through or not or screwing the coil up, just that no Vapor is coming through or no crackle

I've also checked that the airholes are 'open' when vaping as recommended

Basically it's like vaping Air and I'm at a loss for what to do!

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Sounds like a 510 conductivity issue... that being, you don't have any. ;-)

Innokin is notorious for sinking their 510 positive pins too deeply into the female negative collet. You can try a few things... several actually, in varying degrees of difficulty and permanence.

Look at the Kayfun V4... is the 510 positive pin extending out as far as the pins on your attys that work? Can you adjust it out and still have conductivity in the atty? If so, then your problem is solved. Having a digital multimeter (DMM) can help you with speeding up the diagnosing of continuity and resistance issues.

If the atty is a no go...

>Use a small screwdriver an gently pry up the 510 positive pin. Usually just a temporary fix, but may serve to identify the problem.

>Get a 510 to 510 adaptor... although it will look like crap, it may make the connection between your mod and atty.

This is where it gets a bit more complicated, and requires some tools and knowledge of their use on your part. Having a few files, and hopefully a digital or dial caliper to measure depths accurately... rather than the file - fit - repeat method of obtaining continuity.

>With a fine cut file, file down the 510 female negative collet. This will, in effect, permanently reduce the depth of your 510 positive pin.

That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread