Illinois
Last edited:

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
In your OP you also mentioned the juice control not turning. Have you gotten it to work since then?

Haven't even messed with it TBH. Didn't want to chance breaking it or damaging it in case I had to return it. I will see if I actually get the top cap replaced first.

B-radGfromBoo

Nov 4, 2013
California
Top cap is one issue, but just as annoying,

I don't think this thing comes all the way apart. I cant seem to take a part the juice control....the nut that the 510 screw goes into won't budge even after the 510 screw is out and I'm trying to use a screw driver. It seems like the insulator around the 510 screw is also glued in there... anyone else have luck with a full disassemble?

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Top cap is one issue, but just as annoying,

I don't think this thing comes all the way apart. I cant seem to take a part the juice control....the nut that the 510 screw goes into won't budge even after the 510 screw is out and I'm trying to use a screw driver. It seems like the insulator around the 510 screw is also glued in there... anyone else have luck with a full disassemble?

I'm having no lucky fully disassembling it either. The square nut and insulator on the base is jammed in on mine.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
yah for a good 10 minutes, with all kinds of screw drivers, paper clips, dental hygiene tools...

Try soaking the base in boiling water for 2 mins before pushing it out. Or freezing the base for 30 mins. I think dipping in boiling water will expand the metal base and soften the plastic bushing to get it out easier. Freezing might shrink the bushing smaller than the base but the bushing could become brittle.

Another thought, unscrew the 510 and screw it back about 1 full turn and then tap the base on the 510 screw to push the bushing out or at least loose.

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I haven't tried to get a new top cap from my seller yet.

However I did grind out a flat spot on mine. Used a bench grinding wheel to make a flat spot followed by a deburring wheel to smooth it. Screws in smoothly. Hopefully it works well.
d9df621770504ce2ec8288feb4e32aba.jpg

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Update #3

Just got another message from my seller. They just received in their latest shipment and they all have the corrected top cap. So all should be good from here on out. They are giving me a top cap from one in the new shipment.

Who is the seller in case I decide to buy one?

Can you tell I'm obsessed with the black one? :oops:

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Who is the seller in case I decide to buy one?

Can you tell I'm obsessed with the black one? :oops:

Vaportrends on ebay. And they do have black as well. This is I think my fourth purchase from them. Never an issue. I would message them before buying just to make sure you get an updated version. I suggested to them about putting something in their listing stating that they are the corrected version.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Vaportrends on ebay. And they do have black as well. This is I think my fourth purchase from them. Never an issue. I would message them before buying just to make sure you get an updated version. I suggested to them about putting something in their listing stating that they are the corrected version.

Ok, bought from him twice. Big issue with first purchase, but not with second. Thanks!

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Nobody's perfect??? LOL Hope the first issue got resolved.

Well...I think he did it on purpose. I bought an Infinite black copper Stingray. I received an absolute piece of garbage. I knew as soon as I opened the box it wasn't the Infinite as it had 3 battery tubes instead of two and a 650 extension. But, I looked it over. Threads were so bad I couldn't even screw on the switch and top cap. Paper thin, broken magnets.

I did send it back, but had to pay return shipping and tracking. I think if a seller is deceitful, the buyer shouldn't have to pay return shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread