Kayfun v5 NO flavour wtf?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rwanda

Dec 12, 2016
So I've got an authentic kayfun 5 after reading all the reviews like "ah man! Best tank ever! The flavour like made my head explode and ...." so naturally as a flavour chaser I thought "yeah alright I'll drop £100 on it why not, I won't need another tank for ages if it's that good." But Nooooo the flavour is way less than what I get from the serpent. Yeah the airflow is smoother and it chucks bigger clouds, but since when did kayfun's become cloud tanks?! Like wtf?? ...... is not the word right now!

Anyone got any advice? I've tried all sorts, different builds SS kanthal claptons 1ohm 1.5ohm 0.5ohm and so on. I haven't built lower because apparently it can't handle less than .5ohms so maybe that's where I'm going wrong.

Anyway, any advice would be ace because right now I'm £100 down and feel like I've been robbed because this is is vaping like ....!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rwanda

Dec 12, 2016
Based on what everyone said I was expecting amazing flavour. lol I'm running a DNA 200 lavabox vaping at 30w in tc mode with a .6 SS coil at 320f currently best vape so far, but still pretty muted I'd say.

It's a nice vape in terms of smooth airflow and I prefer single to dual coils. It's just everyone said the flavour was better than the serpent mini and it's really not lol I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Rwanda

Dec 12, 2016
Are you sure it's not the juice? Have you checked the same juice in a tank you know to be sure that's not the problem?

Whaay eskie to the rescue. [emoji106] I've tried loads of different juices that I've used in the serpent and nothing is really coming close. I had the build almost to good on the serpent though. The flavour is so good you can't physically vape it all day. Lol

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Whaay eskie to the rescue. [emoji106] I've tried loads of different juices that I've used in the serpent and nothing is really coming close. I had the build almost to good on the serpent though. The flavour is so good you can't physically vape it all day. Lol

Damn. I was hoping to blame it on vapers tongue. I've read of that happening before when someone had a new tank and thought the flavor was nowhere. They tried the same juice in another tank and had the same no flavor issue. Waited for it to pass, then went back on the new tank and had a totally different experience.

I'm sorry to hear about it being a bust for you. Lots of folks do like the KF5, with the issue usually being too much air for a good mtl, which in your case isn't the issue. I hope you get it figured out, that's a good chunk of change to be out. If it really doesn't work out, maybe get your self verified as a member here (there's a thread for it which should pop with search) and post in the buy/sell section. I'm sure there are folks who would like a lightly used authentic KF5. Good shot to find a buyer right in the UK to make life easier (you are in the UK and I'm not having a memory episode again, right?).

Rwanda

Dec 12, 2016
Damn. I was hoping to blame it on vapers tongue. I've read of that happening before when someone had a new tank and thought the flavor was nowhere. They tried the same juice in another tank and had the same no flavor issue. Waited for it to pass, then went back on the new tank and had a totally different experience.

I'm sorry to hear about it being a bust for you. Lots of folks do like the KF5, with the issue usually being too much air for a good mtl, which in your case isn't the issue. I hope you get it figured out, that's a good chunk of change to be out. If it really doesn't work out, maybe get your self verified as a member here (there's a thread for it which should pop with search) and post in the buy/sell section. I'm sure there are folks who would like a lightly used authentic KF5. Good shot to find a buyer right in the UK to make life easier (you are in the UK and I'm not having a memory episode again, right?).

I am indeed in the U.K. I'm gonna ride it out. I'm determined to get this thing working right! Lol just chucked probably my 20 something build in. .46 SS 26g see what happens. I've also pulled the wick right back to all four juice ports are exposed. Either I'll get a great vape (here's hoping) or a drowned mod lol I'll let you all know tomo. I need some sleep. Feel like a broken man right about now.

Reactions: Eskie

Rwanda

Dec 12, 2016
A few more tips, Coil hight makes a difference, to high or to low will affect your vape. Wicking to makes a difference, to much wick will slow down the juice flow. Even if it's not dry hitting It will affect the flavour. Less is usually more!

Any advice on coil height? Like mm etc and what's your best build. All the YouTube peeps seem to be using claptons...

Rwanda

Dec 12, 2016
I personally lift mine so that most of it is above the posts.
I use a 3mm Ti spaced coil in TC, & my K-F V5's all have great flavour.
I run several single coil atty's & the K-F's hold their own with any thing I'm using, For flavour any way.

The build I have in at the moment is definitely better. Coil is higher and as I mentioned above I've pushed the wick right out the way of the juice ports. I'm amazed it hasn't flooded to be fair. Lol

Did you notice a "break in" period with this tank? I was thinking back to a few months ago when I got a second serpent. I was disappointed with that for about 2 weeks because the flavour was muted. I was doing the exact same builds as the previous serpent, so I couldn't work that out either. But after about 2 weeks the flavour was amazing and just as good as the first serpent.

Rwanda

Dec 12, 2016
The wicks should go all the way to the bottom of the juice ports, just sitting on the holes in there.
Try not to pack the wicking material in there to much just nicely placed in works good.

I was doing that before. But what I've done this time is thin the cotton tails right out so they don't come close to filling the wick holes. I then gently pushed them away from the wick holes (towards the deck) to expose them. Sounds crazy but seems to be working well, so who knows. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread