Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Well kind of a somewhat heated discussion on another thread concerning this thread. I still am not really sure what is and isn't allowed but from what I can get Kodi is OK addons are not. So how's your Kodi today?

Well, my Kodis are fine. And you're right as to 'guidance'. A couple of offending examples would be of great assistance!

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Soooo... Off to VU then? Or another forum? lol

Or I could talk about my perfectly legal Netflix or HBO subscriptions, but nobody wants to talk about that. What are we supposed to talk about how to set up a recurring payment? but kodi takes time and reading to learn,hence discussing.

That's kind of why, imo, Kodi will never be a big threat, certainly not enough to warrant all these worries, sure you can watch pretty much anything, for free, except the catch is it takes time to figure out, it's glitchy as hell & most people don't have the patience for it.

Last edited:

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
(cross post)
For public domain, just go to kodi. They have tons (aka gazillions) on their site. DL em there or go to movies, get more. (Classic movies comes to mind) You'll find a lot in there and they're all kodi approved addons. Hence, totally legal.

Reactions: Iffy

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I don't see any limitations to 1st Amendment, Legs. ECF is NOT a public space, other than that anything on the web is, of course, going to be around for ever and is searchable. It's a privately owned and operated concern. Their house, their rules, and, personally, I have no problem with that.

Do I agree with each and every rule here? Probably not, but I can live with that for what I do get here on ECF.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
(cross post)
For public domain, just go to kodi. They have tons (aka gazillions) on their site. DL em there or go to movies, get more. (Classic movies comes to mind) You'll find a lot in there and they're all kodi approved addons. Hence, totally legal.
Are any of them any good. Like the ones we normally use.

Reactions: YePsTeR

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Censorship I Tell Yaa Censorship.

Really? Downloading/streaming copyrighted content that has not been paid for is against the law, and you're complaining that ECF is advocating censorship? You think so little of ECF that you'd wish to drag the owners and staff into a legal issue?

You may wish to read this then.

Consequences for Violations of the Copyright Laws

No Electronic Theft Act - Wikipedia

You may also wish to read up on the penalties that can be assessed if you are found to have downloaded/streamed content that is covered by copyright and you haven't paid for it. By law, you can be fined anywhere from $750 to $30,000 for copyright violation.

Chapter 5 - Circular 92 | U.S. Copyright Office

I trust we'll see no further complaining regarding this issue, correct?

Reactions: chrishanuk

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
K - I gotta agree with Retired here, but with a new twist maybe.
This is ECF, not the U.S.A.
as far as I know, a forum does not have to conform to ANY laws. They just have to accept consequences. This includes any and all litigation that may be taken against the owners of the forums.
When you join a forum, you agree to abide by their rules not your rules.

I don't always like it myself, but there ya go.
Anyone want to start a forum or FB group?
:lol:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Ok Ok I give up but as far as I know as of yet streaming free stuff is not against the law yet. But its fine with me. I'll keep breaking the law along with a million or so others. The prisons are already overcrowded don't think they have room for us. I know that downloading content is illegal but I thought streaming was a grey area. I may be wrong but that wouldn't be the first time. I was wrong a couple times back it the 70"s also. But like they say at Skystream when people are having problems watching what they want, What do you expect this is pirating.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Really? Downloading/streaming copyrighted content that has not been paid for is against the law, and you're complaining that ECF is advocating censorship? You think so little of ECF that you'd wish to drag the owners and staff into a legal issue?

You may wish to read this then.

Consequences for Violations of the Copyright Laws

No Electronic Theft Act - Wikipedia

You may also wish to read up on the penalties that can be assessed if you are found to have downloaded/streamed content that is covered by copyright and you haven't paid for it. By law, you can be fined anywhere from $750 to $30,000 for copyright violation.

Chapter 5 - Circular 92 | U.S. Copyright Office

I trust we'll see no further complaining regarding this issue, correct?
Not from me this is ECF and I love it for being what it is.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I have classic movies. Kinda neeeet. But depends on your taste. I really don't use kodi that much anywhoo. So check em out and see if anything is of interest.
Yeah I go in spurts. I go to my Roku for days at a time then go back and see what is new to watch for a couple days.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Ok Ok I give up but as far as I know as of yet streaming free stuff is not against the law yet. But its fine with me. I'll keep breaking the law along with a million or so others. The prisons are already overcrowded don't think they have room for us. I know that downloading content is illegal but I thought streaming was a grey area. I may be wrong but that wouldn't be the first time. I was wrong a couple times back it the 70"s also. But like they say at Skystream when people are having problems watching what they want, What do you expect this is pirating.
well streaming is not illegal. you stream every time you watch cable TV. Some may dispute that, but hey. try searching your cable provider for a show that aired a week ago, and you can watch it.
BUT ECF just wants to be careful.

Reactions: Iffy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread