• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ladies, Cute Pictures to Share ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonladee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2011
Louisiana
Thank you I'm a proud mama lol. About 6 to 8 pounds, not big at all.

Some breeds traditionally have ears pinned, it's purely cosmetic. Supposedly it makes them look more streamlined and fierce. The AKC used to require it for showing but has become more lax about it over the years.

I had a pretty serious disagreement with the hubs about whether we were going to have it done. People don't think the dog is purebred if it doesn't have the traditional look. I had to show him a video of the actual procedure and months of aftercare to change his mind. It is horribly painful for the dog :(

Catmom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2011
Blue Ridge Heaven
Thank you I'm a proud mama lol. About 6 to 8 pounds, not big at all.

Some breeds traditionally have ears pinned, it's purely cosmetic. Supposedly it makes them look more streamlined and fierce. The AKC used to require it for showing but has become more lax about it over the years.

I had a pretty serious disagreement with the hubs about whether we were going to have it done. People don't think the dog is purebred if it doesn't have the traditional look. I had to show him a video of the actual procedure and months of aftercare to change his mind. It is horribly painful for the dog :(

I thought it must be. I'm glad you convinced your husband :)

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma

emberl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
florida
564768_3244946168633_1416240160_32600522_139828253_n.jpg

funnyfarm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
East Texas
Awwwwww!!! I haven't had a kitten in SO long!! :( BG (kitty with broken leg) and her brother, Little Louie (daddy was Fat Louie) were wild when they were kittens and we didn't get our hands on them till they were nearly grown. Their Mom is a wild kitty who lives on our neighbor's vacant acreage, had the babies under same neighbor's storage building and no one could TOUCH them for months!!

Serianna

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2012
San Diego
Speaking of kittens... some feral Mama abandoned 2 kittens in our hay barn. Anyone in cali want a kitten? I know its expensive but I sooo want to keep one if we can manage it, but can't keep both. Not hand tame yet, but they should be by the time they are old enough to move away between me, my husband, and both my sons and how much we adore cats and all..

Kittens.jpg

ohai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2012
Wichita, KS, United States
And this is the newest addition to my clan of critters...he's a miniature pinscher. Such a sweety! His ears are SO huge everyone who sees him pokes fun but I can't bring myself to have them pinned-he's gorgeous just the way he is.
View attachment 98818

I love those giant ears soo much. You have the cutest mini-pin ever.

My parents had a great dane, they never did her ears and tail either, and while she didn't look like one of the showdog type danes, her floppy ears gave her the ability to express herself so much better. You always knew what she was thinking, and I think that made her more beautiful than a showdog by far.

Serianna

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2012
San Diego
Oh, Seri, they're so cute! Good thing I don't live in CA. My husband would want both of them though. Part of the reason we have so many cats is that he hates to break up litter mates.

Yeah they are surprisingly sweet already! We kept them with us pretty much all evening (much to my princess kitty Vasi's dismay.)

After a quick bath with a drop of dawn and a flea comb down and some time covered with a soft towel cowering on our laps to get warm and dry they started to purr when petted!

An hour later they were wanting to explore and an hour after that they were playing with us. Olmy princess must look like their mom because they LOVE her and kept trying to get from us to her when Vasi got in the room.

Vasi is not so pleased. She was hissing and growling at them constantly all evening. Even when they were in the carrier in the bathroom and covered with a towel. It is going to take Vasi quite some time to adjust. So we wont let her near them until she calms down.

We wish we could keep them together, but shots, a spay and a neuter, and food for both of them plus the two we already have is way out of our budget.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Serianna

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2012
San Diego
I never expected it but my husband has grown rather attached to them! We found a vet that will spay /neuter them and give them their first shots for free since they are ferals, and now husband wants to keep them BOTH.

Not sure how I feel about it, but he doesn't want to split them up now that he sees how cute they are together. I suppose I will talk to our local feed store that I always get everything from and see what kind of discounts they can give us since we really can't afford more animals. They have been willing to work with us in the past when we took in rescues (like the 2 horses, we get the hay half off) so maybe they can discount us the kitten food as well.

Its great to live in such a small rural town sometimes, even if I do have to drive super far away for groceries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread