• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ladies.....let's get fit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
continued from this thread......http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/womens-room/252930-ladies-lets-get-fit.html

A very nice lady had a great idea for a new thread......so here it is! A thread for support, motivation and to keep ourselves in check. Even if you only need to get more exercise and eat healthier we can help each other.

Thank you toto1013!!

My New Year's resolution is to lose weight. I want to hear what you do to lose weight and what exercise you do that helps you do that.

My start date is January 9th. My first goal is to lose 15lbs. No way am I saying how much I weigh :lol:

What's your goal?

Last edited:

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
Hi everyone!!!! I just read the entire thread. What great motivation. About 2 months ago I started the Alli program and bought a bunch of workout equipment. I lost like 12 lbs in 2 weeks then Alli was longer aval due to a shortage of some ingrediant. So I have fell back into eating terrible and not excersing. I bought a ab coaster pro, a glider, an ab solution and a pilates power gym. Alittle background I work as a supervisor/cook in mental institution. I am standing and walking all day. I really don't get a lunch break which makes it hard to eat right during the day. I did get a pedometer app for my phone and average around 10,000 to 15,000 steps per day. I have like 30 pounds to lose and would love to join your group. After work I just wanna sit and relax. I get up at 4:30 am to take of my dogs before work so when I get home my motivation level is zero. Tomorrow is back to healthy eating

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
I have pcos so I constantly struggle... I finally found a swim suit that does not make me feel like a whale and next week will start lap swimming.... I will take any weight loss... with pcos I set myself up for failure... good luck n let me know how it goes

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I don't even want to think about looking for a swim suit :facepalm:

Good luck to you :toast:

Hi everyone!!!! I just read the entire thread. What great motivation. About 2 months ago I started the Alli program and bought a bunch of workout equipment. I lost like 12 lbs in 2 weeks then Alli was longer aval due to a shortage of some ingrediant. So I have fell back into eating terrible and not excersing. I bought a ab coaster pro, a glider, an ab solution and a pilates power gym. Alittle background I work as a supervisor/cook in mental institution. I am standing and walking all day. I really don't get a lunch break which makes it hard to eat right during the day. I did get a pedometer app for my phone and average around 10,000 to 15,000 steps per day. I have like 30 pounds to lose and would love to join your group. After work I just wanna sit and relax. I get up at 4:30 am to take of my dogs before work so when I get home my motivation level is zero. Tomorrow is back to healthy eating

Wow......you are a busy woman!! I am busy but I sit at a desk all day long, that does not help at all.

emberl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
florida
My daughter is getting married in October, I would love to loose 15 lbs.
I've cut most fats out of my diet, no more fries, no more mayonaise, no more cookies, no more icecream, no more chocolate.
I start the morning with a coctail of 2 oranges, 1 lime, 1 lemon and 1 grapefruit.
I know, we all want our coffee, after an hour or so I do have my one cup of coffee.
Then I have an apple with a little piece of sharp cheese, then I'll have a yougurt.
For lunch I eat one piece of 12 grain bread with a boiled egg.
Snacks: walnuts, an other apple, carrots, brocoli.
Then I have 2 cups of green tea, NO cookies....
I cook low fat dinners, no frying, no butter, no sauces.
Oh and I take a brisk walk in the morning, I can walk 1 mile in 20 minutes, I try to walk 3 miles a day, but sometimes it's less.
I feel great and lost about 3 lbs. to date.
I started this about 4 weeks ago!
I love to swim, I have a seasonpass for a waterpark this summer, I will go there at least 2 days a week with my daughter and 2 grandkids, that will give me a workout for sure, but it's a fun one.
In the fall I want to join the YMCA and use their pool, I don't like it in the summer because they have summercamp there for a bunch of kids, to much noise, to much going on.

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
I wish I had a desk job sometimes. I just need to pick a time to exercise and it definatly isn't at 4:30 am lol

No way and I getting up early to exercise!!

My daughter is getting married in October, I would love to loose 15 lbs.
I've cut most fats out of my diet, no more fries, no more mayonaise, no more cookies, no more icecream, no more chocolate.
I start the morning with a coctail of 2 oranges, 1 lime, 1 lemon and 1 grapefruit.
I know, we all want our coffee, after an hour or so I do have my one cup of coffee.
Then I have an apple with a little piece of sharp cheese, then I'll have a yougurt.
For lunch I eat one piece of 12 grain bread with a boiled egg.
Snacks: walnuts, an other apple, carrots, brocoli.
Then I have 2 cups of green tea, NO cookies....
I cook low fat dinners, no frying, no butter, no sauces.
Oh and I take a brisk walk in the morning, I can walk 1 mile in 20 minutes, I try to walk 3 miles a day, but sometimes it's less.
I feel great and lost about 3 lbs. to date.
I started this about 4 weeks ago!
I love to swim, I have a seasonpass for a waterpark this summer, I will go there at least 2 days a week with my daughter and 2 grandkids, that will give me a workout for sure, but it's a fun one.
In the fall I want to join the YMCA and use their pool, I don't like it in the summer because they have summercamp there for a bunch of kids, to much noise, to much going on.

You go girl!!! That is a great plan!

Wolf308

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
NC
www.into-the-fog.com
I will advise this as far as working out... try everything. You are bound to fall in love with something, and it will be what you least expect. I do a lot of working out in the pool for resistance and less impact, but of all the things to fall in love with, I fell in love with running. That isn't something I ever expected since even at my most athletic as a kid, I was terrible at distance running at hated it. Now, I found some trails I love, I finally felt the wind in my hair, and I'm all about it. Suffering from runner's knee right now - of course - and it is making me crazy because I can't run at all.

MrsJaaxx

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Atlanta, GA
www.juicyliquid.com
What really worked for my was calorie counting. I used a website called caloriecount that had free tools to figure how many calories I should have per day to lose weight and to track the calories I took in from food and those that I burned through exercise. I lost about 40 pounds 3 years ago to reach my goal weight. Now, 3 years later, I am about 10 pounds heavier than my goal weight, and I'm starting to nag myself to start counting again, or at least exercising a lot more and paying attention to what I eat.

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
I have been so slacking lately. After I did so good and lost a whole jean size in less than 2 months. I planned on starting again this past Monday but Sunday morning my 12 yr old boxer Linkin had a stroke and I have been up with him around the clock the few days. He is doing much better but I am wiped out. So shooting for next monday

funnyfarm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
East Texas
Kellie, hope Linkin's doing well, and rkay, good luck on your surgery!

Okay, I learned something from my PT yesterday that I think is gonna be AWEsome for me! So, thot I'd pass it on in case it can benefit anyone else. I loathe and despise exercise and my PT said the single best thing I can do for my knee (had knee surgery for anyone who didn't know) is bicycling, stationary or regular. Well, the stationary bike we USED to have (gave it away) sat in front of the TV for MONTHS, and the only use it got was it was handy for drip-dry laundry!! :laugh: It occurred to me that one of those gizmos that's like a set of bicycle pedals you use sitting in a chair is something I might use -- put it under my computer desk since I spend a lot of time there. Didn't know if it was any good, so asked PT yesterday and he said it's VERY good and go get one!!! :) He said besides my knee, it's good cardio and pretty good calorie burning, and would be excellent for DH, too, with his heart disease! So, we're going to the "big city," probably Sat., and I'm going to check them out in person, since no one local sells them. There are so many different ones, and prices range in the neighborhood of $20 to $100, so I want to see in person how the quality of construction is, etc. All I know now is I need one with adjustable resistance, which is most of them. I'll post back what I learn.

So, if anyone needs something of this nature, I'll be posting it here in the near future! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread