Last place you were asked to stop vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really vape around people because my juice leaves big clouds, but it's the first one I've tried that doesn't make me hack until I throw up. My boyfriend has bad asthma and he can't handle the vapor, so I just got in the habit of going outside or a different area while we're outside. I also didn't smoke around people that don't, except my old house, I'd smoke anywhere cause the owners smoked in it the whole time they lived there. I don't vape inside unless it's my own place, and even then, I try to be respectful of others. In public areas like parks and what not, I'll just walk a little away so I don't blow clouds in people's faces.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I don't really vape around people because my juice leaves big clouds, but it's the first one I've tried that doesn't make me hack until I throw up.
Sounds like your new juice has a high VG percentage.
VG will give you big clouds, and it is a much less cough-inducing mix than high PG would be.

jbgibson2

Sep 24, 2014
Lakeland, TN
My wife asked that I do my sub-ohm stuff elsewhere because she is affraid it is killing the animals. We both vape normally in the house, movies (descretely), never in restraunts, and I vape in my office, never asked not to vape although my paranoid boss got an air purifier for the office. Some of my juice does have smells but no more than scented candles.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
hospital parking lot by a security guard. was told to not 'smoke' in the light. he didnt care if we werent in the light, just didnt want people to see us and complain. i told him it was vapor and not smoke... he said.. i dont care.. people will still complain like its smoke.. and ill have to come run you off... so just step out of the light and everybody is happy.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
hospital parking lot. was told to not 'smoke' in the light. he didnt care if we werent in the light, just didnt want people to see us and complain. i told him it was vapor and not smoke... he said.. i dont care.. people will still complain like its smoke.. and ill have to come run you off... so just step out of the light and everybody is happy.
Just like the cockroaches that we are.
:mad:

darknecrotic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 6, 2014
    Columbia, SC
    www.caraudioinc.com
    Recently all the AA meetings I go to have turned into vape nazis! Considering smoking use to be allowed in meetings, I think people just get jealous they can't smoke their smelly cigs in a meeting! Now before each meeting they announce "We ask that you please not use e-cigarettes during the meeting." People tend to turn around and look at me.

I guess it could be distracting. Whatever!!

Was freeloading McDonalds wifi and was asked to stop smoking a 901.... With 100% PG.... Holding it in making almost no vapor.

"SIR. STOP SMOKING." -power tripping manager

Because clearly I was smoking... ( ? )

Wasn't even told to stop freeloading their wifi...

I continued to vape and left when I was done.

Ironlung75

Oct 19, 2014
    New Jersey
    I still haven't had anyone tell me I couldn't vape. The closest I came was a co-worker complained about the vaping. I had just converted over a half dozen smokers to vaping and our offices were filled with vapors. I was standing in the hall when she was complaining to the supervisor (who had just switched to vaping.) She started telling him that it was an 'overpowering' smell. I stood literally 5 feet behind her and blew clouds, CLOUDS I tell you, the whole time she complained. Then he asked her, do you smell it now? She said no. So, he said to turn around....the hallway was almost filled with vapor. He said, do you smell it now? She got red faced and stomped out of the office. She hasn't said another word. :)

Almost the same thing happened to me, an annoying co-worker(Who nobody likes i might add) was complaining about the smell. mind u literally everyone in the office has either complimented me on the the smell (Custards last stand or Brain freeze ejuice) she had the gal to say it was the same as a regular cigaret. When another co-worker who's wife had been vaping for over had mention how its really no where near a cig. some people just cant see other people enjoying the little things in life

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 11, 2014
    Iowa United States
    Recently all the AA meetings I go to have turned into vape nazis! Considering smoking use to be allowed in meetings, I think people just get jealous they can't smoke their smelly cigs in a meeting! Now before each meeting they announce "We ask that you please not use e-cigarettes during the meeting." People tend to turn around and look at me.

I guess it could be distracting. Whatever!!
    i agree ecig should be allowed at meetings

Mogar

ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2014
    Dallas TX
    Ok, In Texas I had a few.
    Near the hospital I was walking in and just putting it away when a lady came out of the doors. She sprayed herself down with this putrid smelling perfume and told me that this was a Nicotine free zone. I was carrying my wife's with me at the time and pulled it out (same pouch/pocket) and said "great, this is Nic free and took a huge pull" to that the busy body (not an employee) informed me that even vapor was not allowed. I informed her that this was a 90% mix pg/vg, and the PG is what the hospital pipes through its air ducts to keep down the germs, I was just "helping the system". This lady finally said, well it stinks and as she has sensitive sense of smell I had to put it away. The mix was a coffee blend and the Starbucks was just inside the doors she just walked through did not seem to bother her delicate since of smell. By this time there were a few other people that had come up (this was the main entrance to the hospital) a nurse had come out and said loud enough for everyone to hear that if she could smell anything over the cow piss she just sprayed all over herself it would be a miracle. To that I gave her a thumbs up and pocketed the ego and walked past.

I was also told not to in an Aerosmith concert... With all the hippies not even trying to hide their.... stuff.

Reactions: Jorychi
    I'm deployed right now in the sandbox and my boss asked me about it. Went something like this...

Boss "It's just water vapor right?"
    Me "With a little flavoring and nic year."
    Boss "Well I dip so the nic won't effect me."
    Me "It is just trace levels on the exhale."
    Boss "Do it in your office, safer then going outside"
    Me "SWEET!"

*EDIT*
    If you don't get it, I was asked to stop vaping outside and do it in my office.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread