Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
SW Florida
That's not rebranding.

I assume the OP means which vendor peels the label off someone's liquid and puts their own label on the bottle.

No, that's not what I asked. Let me quickly restate my question. Who re-sells e-liquid made by other companies? Many vendors, such as EC Blends, Ahlusion, Mom & Pops, and others operate as wholesalers; meaning they sell to other companies who resell their products.

What I'm looking for is this:

Brand X juice is made by vendor Y

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
No, that's not what I asked. Let me quickly restate my question. Who re-sells e-liquid made by other companies? Many vendors, such as EC Blends, Ahlusion, Mom & Pops, and others operate as wholesalers; meaning they sell to other companies who resell their products.

Brand X Juice is made by vendor Y

I don't know if you can get any sort of definitive answer to that as I'm sure these business relationships are kept pretty well hidden from the consumer ..

Why not email as many Companies as you can and ask .. ?? I'd be curious as to the replys, if any, that you get ..

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
I think it's a reflexive wanna know reflex, like when you find out that Burt's Bees is owned by Clorox and not some nice little old guy in Vermont... that the United States is maybe owned by China...
Standard marketing practices have made us all somewhat chronically suspicious and cynical.

V4L claimed, and I assume still claims, that it had its own manufacturing facility in China; Leaford, now of Bloog, was resident taster and overseer. They had a video of the facilities and that all seemed pretty straight up. Beyond that, who knows? Haven't bought from them for years but it's where I started vaping way back when and my fondness for them on account of that remains.
It all gets kind of mysterious - my beloved Ahlusion wholesales liquids and sells blank label juices... to whom? Who knows? Nothing remotely underhanded about any of that, but my always active curiosity gets piqued. I'm quite sure that they wouldn't disclose - that'd be unconventional in any business, right?

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011

Brand X Juice is made by vendor Y

I don't know any that do. If it's an extremely popular liquid, they sell it under their 'popular' name. Why would they stick a no-name label on a popular, sought after liquid?

ThunderPumpkin

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
South America
The Vapor Kings Primo-Vapor line is just rebottled Dekang. I review 6 of them here.

They do state this the main Primo Vapor page, so if you drill down from the main page and read everything, you'll notice this. But the individual juice pages don't mention it. I certainly didn't know about this when I ordered the six juices, or I wouldn't have bought them (they're not all bad, but you can get the same juice for a lot less when it's branded as "Dekang" rather than "Vapor Kings Primo Vapor".

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
even the guy who makes the beloved pluid...all he's doing is combined licorice, absinthe, etc from other companies.

Not entirely true. Some of the flavorings he uses are his own extracts that he made himself.

I'll admit--I can't stand Pluid--I think it tastes horrific. But Mad Murdock is a true flavor alchemist of the highest order, and I give him mad props on his Mad Flavor Skillz.

I don't consider it any kind of 'bad' if things get relabeled and rebranded. But as a consumer I would like to know.

I had it with some diy flavors. I recently saw some at a vendor I was already ordering something else from. But in the end I refrained since I did not know where the flavors came from. And I'd like to know what I'm buying.

Imagine you are looking for a good strawberry juice or flavor. So you order from ten different vendors. With this rebranding/relabeling without been given information about the orginal maker. You can end up with five strawberries which are exactly the same. Which can be good if you like it since now you can choose your favorite vendor to order from. But if you don't like it you end up with five bottles of it.
And you'll continue to accidentally buy this stuff if vendors don't properly show where their product came from.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
even the guy who makes the beloved pluid...all he's doing is combined licorice, absinthe, etc from other companies.

I don't consider it any kind of 'bad' if things get relabeled and rebranded. But as a consumer I would like to know.

I had it with some diy flavors. I recently saw some at a vendor I was already ordering something else from. But in the end I refrained since I did not know where the flavors came from. And I'd like to know what I'm buying.

Imagine you are looking for a good strawberry juice or flavor. So you order from ten different vendors. With this rebranding/relabeling without been given information about the orginal maker. You can end up with five strawberries which are exactly the same. Which can be good if you like it since now you can choose your favorite vendor to order from. But if you don't like it you end up with five bottles of it.
And you'll continue to accidentally buy this stuff if vendors don't properly show where their product came from.

For the above quotes, an analogy if you will:

I will use meatloaf for this one.

The common ingredient is hamburger. Now there are different grades of hamburger (as there are different grades of flavoring)
Then you have those that grind up their own beef (vendors that extract their own flavors)

What makes my meatloaf great to me is all the other things I add to it. But no matter what other things I add, it is still meatloaf.
Most meatloafs get an egg added (we'll pretend that is the VG)
Most get breadcrumbs (PG if you don't mind)
Now the master mixer comes to play. Let's get some salt and pepper in there (nic)
Now how can I make this special and stand out from everyone else's?
Let's add a little of this (a drop of flavor x)
Add a little of that (two drops of flavor y)

Whoa, I make the best meatloaf I have ever tasted! I think I could sell this. What should I call it? Well Duh! It's meatloaf!

Let's see if I can take this a little further:

I go to a restaurant and order.......yep, you guessed it.....meatloaf. It is the most disgusting meatloaf I've ever had. But wait! Shouldn't it taste the same? It uses the same basic ingredients, right? Yes it does. But what are the ratios they are using? Two eggs can change meatloaf's texture if you only use a pound of beef. Too much salt...well we all know what that does.

People who mix flavors, whether they make their own or whether they buy premade flavors, are still mixing their Own recepies to come up with what they think is great....to them, first, and hope that others will think its great to them too. Some do, some don't.

That restaurant that I thought the meatloaf was gross? Well turns out that it was voted best dinner in Philly. Maybe if I didn't love mine as much as I do, I might've liked theirs too. (just had to throw in a bit of DIY ;) )

Sorry about derailing this thread.

Edit to add: I thought of this analogy while I was making.....wait for it.......

Meatloaf :lol: last night.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
For the above quotes, an analogy if you will:

I will use meatloaf for this one.

The common ingredient is hamburger. Now there are different grades of hamburger (as there are different grades of flavoring)
Then you have those that grind up their own beef (vendors that extract their own flavors)

What makes my meatloaf great to me is all the other things I add to it. But no matter what other things I add, it is still meatloaf.
Most meatloafs get an egg added (we'll pretend that is the VG)
Most get breadcrumbs (PG if you don't mind)
Now the master mixer comes to play. Let's get some salt and pepper in there (nic)
Now how can I make this special and stand out from everyone else's?
Let's add a little of this (a drop of flavor x)
Add a little of that (two drops of flavor y)

Whoa, I make the best meatloaf I have ever tasted! I think I could sell this. What should I call it? Well Duh! It's meatloaf!

Let's see if I can take this a little further:

I go to a restaurant and order.......yep, you guessed it.....meatloaf. It is the most disgusting meatloaf I've ever had. But wait! Shouldn't it taste the same? It uses the same basic ingredients, right? Yes it does. But what are the ratios they are using? Two eggs can change meatloaf's texture if you only use a pound of beef. Too much salt...well we all know what that does.

People who mix flavors, whether they make their own or whether they buy premade flavors, are still mixing their Own recepies to come up with what they think is great....to them, first, and hope that others will think its great to them too. Some do, some don't.

That restaurant that I thought the meatloaf was gross? Well turns out that it was voted best dinner in Philly. Maybe if I didn't love mine as much as I do, I might've liked theirs too. (just had to throw in a bit of DIY ;) )

Sorry about derailing this thread.

Edit to add: I thought of this analogy while I was making.....wait for it.......

Meatloaf :lol: last night.

Just too good of analogy to mess with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread