Not open for further replies.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
After more than three years of vaping, I resent reading an original and unique description about a juice and discovering that it's something that is quite ordinary... Go ahead, rebrand juice - just let me know before I send you money for it expecting something new and different.

Same goes with particular flavoring companies... I know that I absolutely DETEST "m-type flavoring" from TPA - and any tobacco flavoring from FLAVOURART... so, how dare a vendor claim to be handcrafting unique and authentic... original flavors when they are using a widely used and easily discernible flavoring...

I think disclosure is a grey area... but if the vendor is going to claim to blow your socks off with a tobacco juice that is pretty much just flavourart cowboy flavoring then I am sending the bottle back with a long complaint -

re-branding is a dirty game imo only if the vendor claims to be offering something unique - or is selling it at a significantly higher price.

if I read in a juice description that a juice is unique, I expect it to be unique

unquiet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Philly
For me, I don't always care who makes what, sometimes it just doesn't matter. But there are those times--maybe if the price indicates, or a website touts "special" qualities to a product--that I would like as much presented to be on the up and up as possible. If a vendor is just reselling juice made by another site/vendor, but presents themselves as making it themselves, well, it doesn't matter if it is American Made or sourced, I'd prefer to go the original source, or just don't relabel it. There is something slimy about putting your name on someone else's work.

Precisely.

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
Absolutely.
I'm afraid that I just don't get the reluctance to "out" any product-related practice of any merchant of ANY product. The only exception that I can think of here would be exact recipes.
I want to know if a particular bread sold as whole-grain wheat bread actually has whole grain in it, and I'm easily able to search that out. I can't see how supporting e-liquid vendor privilege by agreeing to hold secrets that have to do with actual quality is anything but gratuitous and frankly, kind of weird. If the info is reliable (caveat) it's not mean gossip, it's intelligent consumerism.
I'd not feel comfortable if someone said, "I know which dog foods are made primarily with floor sweepings and have had seven salmonella recalls, but I wouldn't want to say which ones because that's against the rules." Of course some vendors wouldn't like it, and that's exactly to the point.
Consumers do a much, much better job than any regulatory agency at "outing" poor practices and products (and promoting good ones!), but they need to communicate useful information and support one another - this wonderful new business must compete like any other for buyer's affection and respect. The upshot would be a better product and more trustworthy merchants.

Last edited:

Will P.C.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
County Jail
I highly suspect VaporZone rebottles and throws a name/label for resale.

I am also sure some of the larger juice vendors do have agreements with smaller stores for this. I do not see it as a problem if the original source knows and agrees with it. Hell, places like Dekang probably encourage it. The vendor should be upfront about it though.

It is the places that sale "Berry Blast" as made in USA from our own special recipe when it really is just re-bottled wholesale Chinese juice. This is where the problem is

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Vapingzone does not rebrand juice. All their premixed juice is made in house

I am also sure some of the larger juice vendors do have agreements with smaller stores for this. I do not see it as a problem if the original source knows and agrees with it. Hell, places like Dekang probably encourage it. The vendor should be upfront about it though.

It is the places that sale "Berry Blast" as made in USA from our own special recipe when it really is just re-bottled wholesale Chinese juice. This is where the problem is

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC

I hope there is a vendor called VaporZone and that you are not referring to Vapingzone. I live near Vapingzone and I know from seeing myself that all their ejuice is mixed as ordered and they have a huge supply of nic, pg/vg and concentrated flavorings to mix all their own ejuice.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Well, made in the USA can mean just about anything now. You can buy all the parts in China and if you assemble it in part in the USA, you can stamp it made in the USA. I know the markup in the juice market is many times higher than for hardware and that the cost of ingredients is so low compared to the juices' retail prices that it does seem like a ripoff. It is similar to pharmaceutical companies where the price may be 100 times the cost but then again no one else has the recipe.

Ripoff? That's laughable as mixing and bottling ejuice is the most labor intensive thing any vendor does. If you don't believe that than try offering 50 to 200 different recipe ejuices in any mix pg/vg ratio and any nic level in bottles from 10 ml to 100 ml and see how much room it takes to warehouse all those supplies and how much time it takes to mix it all and ship it out. That doesn't even include the time it takes a vendor to develop the recipes.

I admit I mix most of my own ejuice, but accusing vendors of ejuice being a ripoff is like saying a restaurant is a ripoff because their food costs so much more than if you fixed it yourself. I for one will never understand the animosity some people seem to have towards ecig vendors.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I admit I mix most of my own ejuice, but accusing vendors of ejuice being a ripoff is like saying a restaurant is a ripoff because their food costs so much more than if you fixed it yourself. I for one will never understand the animosity some people seem to have towards ecig vendors.

I hear you on that point about the restaurants and such. However, while that line from that post is easy to equate to aspects of everyday life (clothes, cars, food, or electronics on a any level), for this thread the OP was talking about--and I'll use your analogy--a restaurant selling tonight's "special" that was prepared and being served at another restaurant on the other side of town...and for cheaper?!? LOL. Of course most restaurants don't make their own drinks (beer, wine, soft drinks), and the price may vary wildly from business to business; but to take a cheap wine and relabel it as if it was made in-house? And to sell it like it was some rare vintage? Well, maybe that's extreme :blush:, but I think that is the issue.

For me this has nothing to do with ecig vendors. I concern myself with these matters because for 1) this is a forum and for 2) I am a consumer. The same things happen on bodybuilding forums regarding "supplement" companies (only people here are extremely well mannered. hahahaha).

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I hear you on that point about the restaurants and such. However, while that line from that post is easy to equate to aspects of everyday life (clothes, cars, food, or electronics on a any level), for this thread the OP was talking about--and I'll use your analogy--a restaurant selling tonight's "special" that was prepared and being served at another restaurant on the other side of town...and for cheaper?!? LOL. Of course most restaurants don't make their own drinks (beer, wine, soft drinks), and the price may vary wildly from business to business; but to take a cheap wine and relabel it as if it was made in-house? And to sell it like it was some rare vintage? Well, maybe that's extreme :blush:, but I think that is the issue.

For me this has nothing to do with ecig vendors. I concern myself with these matters because for 1) this is a forum and for 2) I am a consumer. The same things happen on bodybuilding forums regarding "supplement" companies (only people here are extremely well mannered. hahahaha).

I wasn't replying to the Op. I was replying to the post that I quoted.

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
I know that vermilion river sells their juice to a good amount of vendors out their and they rebrand it as their own

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That's a good example of my one of my concerns here. It's very simple - many people love VR. I've purchased juices from them and they're just not to my liking. So I've risked my money, fair enough, and drawn my conclusion, and I sadly check that one off my list.
But I'm always interested in new juices that show up and it'd be pretty easy to blow another piece of my paycheck ordering the same juices that I've already rejected under another label. To the extent that relabeling is common practice it's easy to see that that could escalate into a serious ripoff.
When someone comes into the forum and says "Every coffee flavor I've tried has the same burnt taste" it could be because she isn't ever going to love a coffee vape. But what if they've all been the same damned stuff (at various prices, too)? This is presumably hyperbolic, but the point seems clear to me.
This isn't about bashing vendors or underestimating the difficulties entailed in running a business. It's about trying to be an intelligent consumer.

Last edited:

Randy C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
SW Florida
I am an artist and I know that sometimes when collectors by my work, or rather, when store owners by my work, they resell it. I don't have a problem with that, but if someone was selling it with their name on it? OMG! That's a crime.

I do get that some vendors sell juice for other vendors to relabel, and that's their prerogative; it is my prerogative to call BS when I find out, especially when it is really marked up. Some may say, "how do you know it's just not a similar juice?" Well, when one juice tastes the exact same, then another one and another, and then they carry the same liquid names and it exist throughout the whole line? Uhh, I think there is no question.

Well put my friend! This was my intent on posting this subject; to call BS where BS is due.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Chiming in a little late here but you guys realize that there are only a handful or two of factories in China producing E-cigarettes right? They even offer to brand them for you if you purchase above a set amount.

The factory that I was dealing with when I was in business was selling me the exact same juice they were selling an extremely popular (at one point) British vendor who's name may or may not have reminiscent of a popular Broadway play based on the Wizard of Oz. The only difference was the labels and I'm assuming they applied their own at first and as they gradually increased their orders had it done for them.

It's much more common than you would think.Vendors obviously dont want to tell you who their supplier is as that hurts the bottom line but also dont want to lie to you about whether its made in-house or not. Ive heard more than one vendor say "We have it made for us in China" ....they do...just not in the way you think.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Chiming in a little late here but you guys realize that there are only a handful or two of factories in China producing E-cigarettes right? They even offer to brand them for you if you purchase above a set amount.

The factory that I was dealing with when I was in business was selling me the exact same juice they were selling an extremely popular (at one point) British vendor who's name may or may not have reminiscent of a popular Broadway play based on the Wizard of Oz. The only difference was the labels and I'm assuming they applied their own at first and as they gradually increased their orders had it done for them.

It's much more common than you would think.Vendors obviously dont want to tell you who their supplier as it as that hurts the bottom line but also dont want to lie to you about whether its made in-house or not. Ive heard more than one vendor say "We have it made for us in China" ....they do...just not in the way you think.

Totally! ;) :laugh:

Randy C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
SW Florida
"Chiming in a little late here but you guys realize that there are only a handful or two of factories in China producing E-cigarettes right? They even offer to brand them for you if you purchase above a set amount."

We're not really talking about equipment, just liquid. And there are a number of non-chinese companies making hardware these days

"The factory that I was dealing with when I was in business was selling me the exact same juice they were selling an extremely popular (at one point) British vendor who's name may or may not have reminiscent of a popular Broadway play based on the Wizard of Oz. The only difference was the labels and I'm assuming they applied their own at first and as they gradually increased their orders had it done for them."

I don't know how long ago your referring to, but Chinese juice is off the table for them now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread