RDA Looking for a dedicated single coil RDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mse12

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
US-TN
I've been running a single coil IGO-L since about 2012. I love everything about it except the size. With 22mm basically the standard now for mechanical 18650 devices the igo-l just looks wonky on them (cone shape and only about 21mm). I have tried dual coils and have been less than impressed. I'm simply looking for good/great single coil rda's. I don't want something that runs "single or dual" I only want a single coil atomizer. Everything I can find online seems to be "single or dual" or whatever. I don't want 2 or 4 holes in the top cap, even if I block them off they still leak. I want a single hole top cap. Is there anything out there for something simple that still looks uniform on a 22mm mod?

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I know it's not exactly what you asked for but the Magma, by design, can absolutely run single coil and completely block off the air holes on the other side that aren't being used.

I run mine almost exclusively single coil and I've not had a single leak at all from the plugged holes (and very little from exposed hole and only if I overfill).

The flavor is incredible, easy to build and you can get a tobeco clone for very cheap to try it out and see if you dig it.

Just my 2c.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I was just leaving a comment on another thread about the Veritas, which is definitely not one of my best rdas, but it does have a single airflow opening a deck that works perfectly with a single coil. I personally wouldn't recommend it, but many forum members here think it is great. The clones are cheap enough that it wouldn't hurt much if you wanted to give it a try.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I've been running a single coil IGO-L since about 2012. I love everything about it except the size. With 22mm basically the standard now for mechanical 18650 devices the igo-l just looks wonky on them (cone shape and only about 21mm). I have tried dual coils and have been less than impressed. I'm simply looking for good/great single coil rda's. I don't want something that runs "single or dual" I only want a single coil atomizer. Everything I can find online seems to be "single or dual" or whatever. I don't want 2 or 4 holes in the top cap, even if I block them off they still leak. I want a single hole top cap. Is there anything out there for something simple that still looks uniform on a 22mm mod?

This 29.6mm veritas :
1776804-3.jpg

Only 1 airhole.

1776804-2.jpg

The 22mm versions don't have the screw in the middle for single coil, but this 29.6mm version does.

$11.50 Veritas Style Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (29.6mm Version) - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
This might be what you're looking for . Achilles Atomizer Clone / Titanium RDA / Achilles RBA

wshanncap

Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Ohio, USA
I used a Dripper RDA by SMOK for a while. Now SMOK has come out with the Squid. The problem is they are both small diameter decks. I like single coils too and it's hard to find a dedicated single coil that isn't tiny. I think that the Veritas (which is a good single/dual coil RDA) like DaveSignal said is probably the best bet. I have been using aluminum tape to close off one air hole on my dual coil RDAs and it works good without leaking if you clean off the inside of the cap with alcohol before you attach the tape (to the inside). :2c:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I used a Dripper RDA by SMOK for a while. Now SMOK has come out with the Squid. The problem is they are both small diameter decks. I like single coils too and it's hard to find a dedicated single coil that isn't tiny. I think that the Veritas (which is a good single/dual coil RDA) like DaveSignal said is probably the best bet. I have been using aluminum tape to close off one air hole on my dual coil RDAs and it works good without leaking if you clean off the inside of the cap with alcohol before you attach the tape (to the inside). :2c:

I stuff my airhole with aluminum foil

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Since I really like my 1:1 Veritas clone from FT, I'm one of those forum members that thinks it's great lol. There's several good videos on it now if you'd like to take a look at it. A big plus in my book is that it's very leak resistant. Regardless of weather you use FT or not, I'd suggest reading through some of the reviews there, both good and bad, and watching a couple of the videos.

mse12

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
US-TN
It's a shame someone doesn't make a solid 22mm single coil dripper. If I had the means to produce one myself I'd be all over it. I know I'm not alone in wanting a simple atomizer that looks as good as all the newer drippers on a 22mm mod. I'd be happy with just a 22mm igo-l deck with a tobh sleeve (single set of holes) and a chuff cap. That'd be almost perfect. Maybe I can find a blank tobh sleeve and drill my own hole, that wouldn't be perfect but it would be a start.

Reactions: Ronald3638

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Well if someone made a mod that could only be used at 10 watts (not higher or lower), would you prefer that over something that can be adjusted to multiple power levels including 10 watts?

I think most people prefer having the option of using a single coil, but more if they desire. And thats why it is hard to find a device that limits the options of coil builders.

The 22mm Veritas has a single airflow hole, so that was exactly what you were looking for. Just because there are two negative screws doesn't mean that you have to secure your negative coil lead with both of them.... you pick the one that is easiest for you.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
It's a shame someone doesn't make a solid 22mm single coil dripper. If I had the means to produce one myself I'd be all over it. I know I'm not alone in wanting a simple atomizer that looks as good as all the newer drippers on a 22mm mod. I'd be happy with just a 22mm igo-l deck with a tobh sleeve (single set of holes) and a chuff cap. That'd be almost perfect. Maybe I can find a blank tobh sleeve and drill my own hole, that wouldn't be perfect but it would be a start.

The Achilles that retic linked to would be it.

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
Ok, not a dedicated single coil rda, but this one has some innovative airflow control options so you can make it a single coil. There are clones available all over, but here's a really detailed review
The Lancia RDA Clone Review | Vaping Cheap

I have one of these coming in the mail today, I'll set it up and let you know how it is with it running single coil. The plugs are a neat idea, I'm just afraid I'll lose them or my cats will take them o_O

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
Well if someone made a mod that could only be used at 10 watts (not higher or lower), would you prefer that over something that can be adjusted to multiple power levels including 10 watts?

I think most people prefer having the option of using a single coil, but more if they desire. And thats why it is hard to find a device that limits the options of coil builders.

The 22mm Veritas has a single airflow hole, so that was exactly what you were looking for. Just because there are two negative screws doesn't mean that you have to secure your negative coil lead with both of them.... you pick the one that is easiest for you.

Sat22 with cotton is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I have one of these coming in the mail today, I'll set it up and let you know how it is with it running single coil. The plugs are a neat idea, I'm just afraid I'll lose them or my cats will take them o_O

I have one. Its a good RDA and has a good warm flavorful vape, but you have to be careful dripping. Its not something like a tugboat, tobh, mutation, or similar rda where you can just splash a dropper full of juice in there and it will just soak up and vape perfectly. It can leak if you don't count the drops. I don't think it is what OP is looking for.

iilex

Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
Orlando, FL
Another vote for the Paradigm Magma.

2 posts, ridiculously deep juice wells, conical design and great insulation. I'm able to get super satisfying lung hits at 16 watts at its sweet spot of 1.1 ohms. 2mm 13 wrap 28 gauge Nano coils with the wicking touching the posts and hugging the two chambers ensure you don't get any leaking or dry hits, as the width of the coil is exactly clearing the width of the milled airhole directly underneath it.

It's my go-to for any DNA device and in my opinion the ONLY rda everyone should have. Everything else is preference since airflow is easy to achieve; flavor with efficiency is not.

The Infinite clone of the magma is built as good, if not better at times than the authentic because of the peak insulator. For 18 bucks you can't go wrong!+

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread