RDA Best Single Coil RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatRon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Cumming, GA, USA
I'm looking to get a new rda to use on my Hana Clone. I would like the option of running single coil without blocking off an air hole with something and the option for running duals if I want. I am more interested in a good flavor atty. I already have a Magma and Quasar clones, while they're great, I would like to have another. So to my single coilers out there what are some suggestions?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm looking to get a new rda to use on my Hana Clone. I would like the option of running single coil without blocking off an air hole with something and the option for running duals if I want. I am more interested in a good flavor atty. I already have a Magma and Quasar clones, while they're great, I would like to have another. So to my single coilers out there what are some suggestions?

30mm veritas

1776804-3.jpg

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Prometey v2 and Achilles both with same air design... single coil, under coil air. Best flavor I've found anywhere (including RTA).
And since you are talking dna clone, you are not going to get the high watts for the dual coil atomizers at sub ohms settings.

These are my favorite all time atomizers for at least a year now... and I've found they are best with the higher voltage that dna's can put out (at less watts). You could also go with an RTA type atomizer which are known for better flavor.
Use thin wire (30g) to get more coil surface and less heat retention, and kick up the voltage (not watts). dna's go up to 8 and 9 volts.

I gave up sub ohms on my single coils (unless they had afc for duals)...

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
+1 on the Prometey. Awesome atty, great taste and easy build.

I'm pretty sure the Kayfun types are great too, but I got to admit that I may be siding with Prometey2 and Achilles because they're so damn easy to use ;)
I've to 2 or 3 of each and that's all I use every day, on a bunch of regulated devices. Pretty much same setup (except for the DNA40) but different flavors in each.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I'm pretty sure the Kayfun types are great too, but I got to admit that I may be siding with Prometey2 and Achilles because they're so damn easy to use ;)
I've to 2 or 3 of each and that's all I use every day, on a bunch of regulated devices. Pretty much same setup (except for the DNA40) but different flavors in each.

Prometey3 has a 2mm AFC!!!
I hardly like my 2 and Achilles anymore. The Eclipse has been renovated; looks like an Achilles with AFC.

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I agree with an earlier posts: igo-l.
Simple. Small chamber gives good flavor. It doesn't hold many drops. I set mine up as a bottom feeder. That way low capacity isn't a problem, it is an asset.
For dripping, I prefer the magma. It also has a small chamber and is easy to build single coil. I stuck a toothpick into the unused hole to help minimize leaking. It holds a lot more juice. I fit half an eyedropper in and don't get any leaking unless I tip it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread