Single or Dual Coil RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMAZ85

Feb 21, 2020
Hi, I am new here. I am looking to get an rda but not sure if I should start with a single or dual coil rda.
Right now I use sub-ohm tanks and typically vape around 40-50 watts. I don't like a very warm vape because it tends to hurt my throat. I am not sure if that means I should start with a single coil or if I can run a dual coil at 50 watts.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Thanks!

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I'd definitely say go with a single coil RDA to start with also:)
    One Fantastic RDA that I highly recommend is the Asmodus .Blank, it will give you a great vape at 40-50 watts. Easy to build and wick and nice airflow to suit;)

More advice will come for you no doubt:D

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    Whether a single coiler produces more flavor is highly debateable. Me for instance I can't second that statement.

Single coil RDAs are a tiny bit easier to build, and there are a few single coil RDAs that I enjoy very much, although I'm more of a dual coil guy.

That said, wattage doesn't mean anything when you vape on a rebuildable atomizer. Depending on the coil(s) you install, heat and vapor production can vary widely, because a massive exotic dual coil might not even produce any vapor at 50W, while a tiny single coil might even burn your cotton and/or lungs at the same wattage.

In the end it's all about your specific sweet spot, and that can be achieved with both dual and single coil RDAs.

MMAZ85

Feb 21, 2020
    I'd definitely say go with a single coil RDA to start with also:)
    One Fantastic RDA that I highly recommend is the Asmodus .Blank, it will give you a great vape at 40-50 watts. Easy to build and wick and nice airflow to suit;)

More advice will come for you no doubt:D

Thanks! I will check out the blank.

MMAZ85

Feb 21, 2020
    Whether a single coiler produces more flavor is highly debateable. Me for instance I can't second that statement.

Single coil RDAs are a tiny bit easier to build, and there are a few single coil RDAs that I enjoy very much, although I'm more of a dual coil guy.

That said, wattage doesn't mean anything when you vape on a rebuildable atomizer. Depending on the coil(s) you install, heat and vapor production can vary widely, because a massive exotic dual coil might not even produce any vapor at 50W, while a tiny single coil might even burn your cotton and/or lungs at the same wattage.

In the end it's all about your specific sweet spot, and that can be achieved with both dual and single coil RDAs.
    Ok thanks! Good to know. So I will have to try different build either way and see what I prefer right?

QcVaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    Best rda i've used in these last 3 years were :
    dual coil = Og Drop Rda
    single = Drop Solo
    Other = Profile rda (seriously best rda i've ever used since it's release)

i used the profile ever since it came out and have had no regrets. in 10 mins i do a whole fresh build which to me is twice as fast as any other method.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I agree that it all depends on the build... what coil(s) you use. Start simple (single or dual) with something like claptons. Fancy coils look cool but have high mass and take longer to heat up/cool down. Consider airflow too. Do you like slightly restricted draw or wide open airflow? There different materials for coils too. Kanthal (A1), Nichrome (Ni80) and Stainless steel are good for simple power mode (wattage) Others are for temp control (you can learn about that later on) Watch videos on builds and wicking. Always start lower power (watts) then work your way up the first time you use your RDA.

Reactions: MMAZ85

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread