Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
How can I get this to have a SS316L setting? Mine only has SS316
According to Steam Engine the TCR of SS316 and SS316L is virtually the same (.00088 vs .000879)
Wire wizard

PS If you want my ecig file, shoot me a PM with your Email address and I'll send it to you. Mine has a SS316L profile. I don't think there will be much if any difference though.

Cheers,
Steve

Reactions: jmercury1

RayRay69

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2015
According to Steam Engine the TCR of SS316 and SS316L is virtually the same (.00088 vs .000879)
Wire wizard

PS If you want my ecig file, shoot me a PM with your Email address and I'll send it to you. Mine has a SS316L profile. I don't think there will be much if any difference though.

Cheers,
Steve

Oh ok dude. I didn't know it was that slight. Appreciate it!

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Here's a couple of natural light pics
IMG_20170311_153545_zpsug7dfhtj.jpg
IMG_20170311_153548_zpsvwehilvw.jpg
IMG_20170311_153526_zpsknj0zul9.jpg
IMG_20170311_153527_zpsfshlt0a6.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

kbriggs

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2014
Houston, Texas
www.briggsoft.com

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I just bought this one on Amazon and it seems to do the job fine:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LCDJ7LG
Anker makes very good stuff. I have a 10 port USB charger from them and a 20100mah portable charger (I bought it on a holiday sale for $27). I'm very happy with both purchases.
Anker Ultra High Capacity 20100mAh Portable Charger with 4.8A Output | eBay
Anker PowerPort 10 (60W 10-Port USB Charging Hub) Multi-Port USB Charger (Black) | eBay

Cheers,
Steve

Edit You can get the above listed 2 USB outlet for $9.34 shipped from Ankerdirect. I've bought a few things from them and they have quick shipping.
Anker 24W Dual USB Wall Charger PowerPort 2 (with Foldable Plug) | eBay

Last edited:

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
I just bought this one on Amazon and it seems to do the job fine:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LCDJ7LG

Thanks I'll get that one.

I just got the Therion 166 the other day and I started to have a problem with it last night. It was vaping fine in SS316 TC mode but then the coil started heating up way faster than normal. It was reading at .43 which my other mod and ohm reader read the coil at. But when I switched the Therion to power mode, the coil was reading at .52.

I unlocked the resistance in SS316 and let it cool down. It still read the resistance at .43. Temp protection still comes on very quickly at the same watt settings I use in power mode. It vapes fine in power mode.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Thanks I'll get that one.

I just got the Therion 166 the other day and I started to have a problem with it last night. It was vaping fine in SS316 TC mode but then the coil started heating up way faster than normal. It was reading at .43 which my other mod and ohm reader read the coil at. But when I switched the Therion to power mode, the coil was reading at .52.

I unlocked the resistance in SS316 and let it cool down. It still read the resistance at .43. Temp protection still comes on very quickly at the same watt settings I use in power mode. It vapes fine in power mode.
That would make sense if you switched to power mode while the coil was hot.

In TC, you see the cold resistance the mod locks in when you first screw on the atomizer. In power mode you see the live resistance. As the coil gets hotter, the resistance goes up. That's how TC works. The mod compares the room temperature resistance to the rise in resistance as the coil heats up and in conjunction with the TCR/curve knows when it's at your set temperature (when it's risen the amount it should for temp at the given TCR).

Why the coils is heating up faster could be that it's getting gunked up or the cotton needs top be changed and isn't wicking well. Also if the coil was warm/hot when you first screwed it on, the resistance would have been higher than it should be. The mod monitors the coils resistance and if it sense the cold resistance is lower than what it locked it, it will refine itself to the lower resistance.

Did you notice if the original resistance was higher than the .43 it was reading before switching to power mode? What do you have the temp set at? It could be you just prefer a warmer vape.

Cheers,
Steve

Reactions: Eskie

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
That would make sense if you switched to power mode while the coil was hot.

In TC, you see the cold resistance the mod locks in when you first screw on the atomizer. In power mode you see the live resistance. As the coil gets hotter, the resistance goes up. That's how TC works. The mod compares the room temperature resistance to the rise in resistance as the coil heats up and in conjunction with the TCR/curve knows when it's at your set temperature (when it's risen the amount it should for temp at the given TCR).

Why the coils is heating up faster could be that it's getting gunked up or the cotton needs top be changed and isn't wicking well. Also if the coil was warm/hot when you first screwed it on, the resistance would have been higher than it should be. The mod monitors the coils resistance and if it sense the cold resistance is lower than what it locked it, it will refine itself to the lower resistance.

Did you notice if the original resistance was higher than the .43 it was reading before switching to power mode? What do you have the temp set at? It could be you just prefer a warmer vape.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks for the help, Winsfan. I'm using thick liquid and the wick hasn't been changed in a while. I'll re-wick and see what happens.

Edit: Sorry I didn't answer your question. The original resistance on my Eleaf Power 80 Watt was around .43 or .44. My ohm reader had it at .43 or there abouts. Temperature on both mods is set to 450F.

I rewicked and now the problem seems even worse. I'll let it settle in for a bit and try again.

Edit: I'm using a thinner liquid and the temp protection comes on even at 23 watts which sucks. I can't get a nice warm vape in TC mode. I'm using 24 gauge stainless steel. Maybe I should just use power mode for now.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread