Lost Vape Therion 166 (DNA250)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
It must be something with the SS316 coil or the Crown in Generally just not vibeing with the mod
I know in the past it's been rumored that the Crown SS316 coils use Ni200 legs. It raises the TCR of the coils so most people get better results using the SS304 profile (higher TCR than DD316).

In general I like RTA's better because you get better contact than subtanks. One less connection. In a RTA, the 510 connects dirsctly to the mod. In a subtank, you screw the head ibto the base which usually rests up against the 510. I only use RTA's and don't have any issues.

Cheers,
Steve

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
One silver-framed black carbon Therion 166 with the Bush Viper cover has been officially ordered. I couldn't justify getting another black framed Therion just for that cover, as most of my tanks are silver anyway. I'm sure I'll be on the lookout for other silver-framed covers now though (although my black-framed black elephant will probably look fine on the silver, as it's all black). :lol:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
One silver-framed black carbon Therion 166 with the Bush Viper cover has been officially ordered. I couldn't justify getting another black framed Therion just for that cover, as most of my tanks are silver anyway. I'm sure I'll be on the lookout for other silver-framed covers now though (although my black-framed black elephant will probably look fine on the silver, as it's all black). :lol:
Where did you find that? The only place I've seen the Silver with Snakeskin is FT.

Cheers,
Steve

Reactions: Eskie

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Where did you find that? The only place I've seen the Silver with Snakeskin is FT.

Steve, I ordered the black-framed black elephant cover (along with a black framed purple ostrich) from WNY Vapes before I ordered the silver frame Therion. I had been eyeing the silver purple ostrich for a while, until I saw the black-framed white & black snake skin one, so that one won out first. I would have preferred a black frame with the Bush Viper, but I can't justify buying another black one. The silver Bush Viper snake skin was just ordered from Fasttech, $121.95 using the MAP code (I got my bonus today). :thumbs:

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Steve, I ordered the black-framed black elephant cover (along with a black framed purple ostrich) from WNY Vapes before I ordered the silver frame Therion. I had been eyeing the silver purple ostrich for a while, until I saw the black-framed white & black snake skin one, so that one won out first. I would have preferred a black frame with the Bush Viper, but I can't justify buying another black one. The silver Bush Viper snake skin was just ordered from Fasttech, $121.95 using the MAP code (I got my bonus today). :thumbs:

I have only ordered one time from SLOWtech and never agen I payed 143 shipped so that's not to bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I have only ordered one time from SLOWtech and never agen I payed 143 shipped so that's not to bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heck, I have a refer a friend code for WNY that takes 10% off. If I would of knew you were going to order from them, I would have PM'd it to you (comes out to $126 shipped with the code). You can only use it for your first order though.

My last order from FT went bad in multiple ways. My mod was DOA, they wanted me to wait for a new one, refused to issue a refund (it was OOS and they had no estimate for a restock). Made me post videos, the whole nine yards (terrible CS imo). I ended up opening a PayPal dispute. I swore I'd never order from them again and so far I haven't.

Cheers,
Steve

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
for a nice introduction the world of RTAs, check out an OBS Engine. Top air, top fill, so no leaking at all (may be an advantage to you being on the road so much. Big Velocity deck that's simple to build on and wicking is really hard to screw up. Great flavor, good cloud, and ~$30 or less (MVS has it at $26.95 right now). It's my standard Therion topper.

View attachment 642767

I'd certainly second that tank.
With a couple of SS 430 claptons in it, a carefree excellent vape.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
It must be something with the SS316 coil or the Crown in Generally just not vibeing with the Mod
The tank itself is ok, it is the factory coils that cause problems. They aren't all SS, the legs are a different metal.
At least, that is how they always were to the point I got a different tank.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Hi everyone. Do you charge your batteries when getting a weak battery message or before?
I usually just swap out a fresh set in the morning (mine last me a tad longer than a full day). I normally charge my batteries in my charger, bot that I think there is anything wrong with charging in the mod.

It depends on what you have your Cutoff set at. I have mine set to 2.8v so I usually end up charging before the Weak Battery message. If I'm using a few different mods and not paying attention, sometimes I wait until I notice the Weak Battery (or it stops firing). It depends on if I'm at home and using multiple Therions at the time.

Cheers,
Steve

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
I usually just swap out a fresh set in the morning (mine last me a tad longer than a full day). I normally charge my batteries in my charger, bot that I think there is anything wrong with charging in the mod.

It depends on what you have your Cutoff set at. I have mine set to 2.8v so I usually end up charging before the Weak Battery message. If I'm using a few different mods and not paying attention, sometimes I wait until I notice the Weak Battery (or it stops firing). It depends on if I'm at home and using multiple Therions at the time.

Cheers,
Steve

Is that something you did with escribe? I haven't checked that out yet. I've seen others say 3.2v or 3.6v. You recommend setting it at 2.8v?

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Is that something you did with escribe? I haven't checked that out yet. I've seen others say 3.2v or 3.6v. You recommend setting it at 2.8v?
I set mine to 2.8v because of a couple of reasons:
1. The battery manufactures test the cells down to 2.5v so 2.8v is perfectly safe.
2. The cutoff is under load so the Voltage will bounce back up while at rest.
3. If I'm out and about, I don't want my mod shutting off while I still have power left.
4. I can always pull them early to charge , but if I set the cutoff to high and I'm out, I can't use the mod (3 and 4 are sort of the same).

Some will argue that if you set the cutoff higher your cells will get more cycles (I hope so because you will be charging them more often :lol:). I'm not saying there isn't some truth to that, but cells aren't that expensive and I'm not concerned with a few extra cycles.

PS I'm running a case analyzer test atm so I can't load the factory Ecig file to check what it comes set at (It's in the mod tab of Escribe near the top left if you want to check yours). I set my 3s Lipos to 3.09v because they are pretty much finished at that point. My 18650's I set lower.

Lastly, I always tell people to set their cutoff to whatever they are comfortable with, that's what I do. I'm not saying my way is the only way or even the best way.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi everyone. Do you charge your batteries when getting a weak battery message or before?

I get all OCDish about that thinking "what will I do if run out of power???" so usually swap them out when they're at 25% or certainly less. The only batteries I've ever drained out were the Lipo pack on my Efusion Duo, and I guess because I know I can't just swap in a new battery, and I was less aware of the expected runtime (I also now tend to charge the Duo earlier, I believe I was thinking the Lipo life would be like 3 18650s on my Triade, and it's not, lesson learned).

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I get all OCDish about that thinking "what will I do if run out of power???" so usually swap them out when they're at 25% or certainly less. The only batteries I've ever drained out were the Lipo pack on my Efusion Duo, and I guess because I know I can't just swap in a new battery, and I was less aware of the expected runtime (I also now tend to charge the Duo earlier, I believe I was thinking the Lipo life would be like 3 18650s on my Triade, and it's not, lesson learned).
After I finished running the case analyzer yesterday I looked at the factory Ecig file for the Therion 166. It comes set to 2.8v from the factory. I wasn't sure because that's what I set all my 18650 DNA mods too.

Cheers,
Steve

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
It could be a couple of things. Are they the same coils or coils with less metal mass? Less metal mass will heat up quicker.

The other thing to consider is TC has preheat. Depending on what you have the preheat set to, ramp up will be quicker.

Cheers,
Steve

They're the same coils. I go to power mode and the ramp up is normal. I go to TC and the ramp us is insanely fast. I don't know what the preheat is set to. I haven't changed any of the default settings yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread