Status
Not open for further replies.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Now, I'm torn... Wanted the Bush Viper battery cover, but seems the black-framed limited edition covers aren't being made available separately. Now, I see that battery cover also being available on the silver version. Hmm, maybe my 2nd (and possibly last) Therion should be a silver one? :hubba:

BTW, been eyeing the Therion squonker, as I wanted a squonker with the latest bells & whistles (no mechs, thank you). Anyone got one and can chime in on how it is (I already don't care about the bracket between the bottle & battery)?

Reactions: Eskie

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
The doors with Black frames aren't available yet. I've been told by WNY that they are on order but still haven't come in. That being said, I don't believe the Ltd Ed Snakeskin doors are going to available even when the Black Doors are sold separately (at least for the foreseeable future). I know the Ltd Ed Italian Leather (weaved design) was never available separately.

I've never tried the Therion Squonker so I'm no help there.

Cheers,
Steve

Reactions: Eskie

kbriggs

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2014
Houston, Texas
www.briggsoft.com
BTW, been eyeing the Therion squonker, as I wanted a squonker with the latest bells & whistles (no mechs, thank you). Anyone got one and can chime in on how it is (I already don't care about the bracket between the bottle & battery)?

Also beware that lost vape has a new dual battery squonker called the Drone BF due out this month. Early previews only show it in one finish but I'll be curious to see if it eventually gets all the leather and snake skin cover options of its siblings.

Riplea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
IL
I have been seriously eye-buying this mod. It looks so nice. I like that you can get different covers to change the look.

I haven't owned any dna mod. I have sat through 2 hours of Busardo's reviews/explanations on how to use the DNA 200.

So, does this come with any preset profiles? I assume wattage, but only other I think was nickel..not sure now.

I am interested in TC and thought I would try building SS coil. I don't have the tools I need to even begin this but this is where my thoughts are taking me. (They are ordered). I will just be trying a single coil build.

So my question is about the CSV on steam engine. Is that sufficient for a single coil build?

I feel like I need to take a community education class at the local community college on how to set up and use your DNA mod, lol

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I have been seriously eye-buying this mod. It looks so nice. I like that you can get different covers to change the look.

I haven't owned any DNA mod. I have sat through 2 hours of Busardo's reviews/explanations on how to use the DNA 200.

So, does this come with any preset profiles? I assume wattage, but only other I think was nickel..not sure now.

I am interested in TC and thought I would try building SS coil. I don't have the tools I need to even begin this but this is where my thoughts are taking me. (They are ordered). I will just be trying a single coil build.

So my question is about the CSV on steam engine. Is that sufficient for a single coil build?

I feel like I need to take a community education class at the local community college on how to set up and use your DNA mod, lol
IIRC It comes setup for SS316, Ni200, and Titanium TC out of the box.

I share my Ecig file with people that has 7 TC profiles (Ni200, Ti01, SS430, SS317, SS316L, SS304, and NiFe52), 1 Power Mode profile, custom screens, custom theme, case thermals, mod resistance, etc. The mod would be completely setup the same as mine are.

As for Steam Engine's CSV files, they are great imo. Those are what I use. The TCR for a wire is the same no matter what (number of coils, diameter. The TCR is the TCR).

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Happy Birthday to me :D. Here's a couple of pics of one of my presents. No matter how hard I tried the Red isn't as dark as it is to the eye. I've never had so much trouble getting the color to come out right before. Maybe natural light will be better. It's really a nice dark shade of Red to my eyes.

IMG_20170310_110639_zpsce3awogw.jpg

IMG_20170310_110715_zpscfmmaoj7.jpg

This was the closest picture to the actual color
IMG_20170310_114301_zpsi0ijpgar.jpg

IMG_20170310_114327_zpsuyslbecn.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Riplea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
IL
IIRC It comes setup for SS316, Ni200, and Titanium TC out of the box.

I share my Ecig file with people that has 7 TC profiles (Ni200, Ti01, SS430, SS317, SS316L, SS304, and NiFe52), 1 Power Mode profile, custom screens, custom theme, case thermals, mod resistance, etc. The mod would be completely setup the same as mine are.

As for Steam Engine's CSV files, they are great imo. Those are what I use. The TCR for a wire is the same no matter what (number of coils, diameter. The TCR is the TCR).

Cheers,
Steve

Awesome, ty Steve. I may shoot you a pm if I click the buy button. I have shineyitits pretty bad.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Mine came with these:

1. Nickel 200
2. Nickel 200
3. SS 316
4. Titanium
5. Power Control Watts
6. No Preheat Nickel 200
7. Relaxed Nickel 200
8. Hot Nickel 200
Yeah, that's what I thought. I change mine as soon as I get them. I set all my DNA mods up the same way. That way they all work exactly the same. I use the same SE curves, same wires. I'm picky when it comes to my DNA mods. :lol:

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Unless you are stuck with premade nickel coils, there's no reason (that I know of) to use anything other than SS316 for TC mode now.
I mainly use SS430 from Unkamen for TC because it's TCR is about 50% higher than SS316l. It's my go to wire. I use SS316L from Lightning Vapes when I make Claptons.

qDpbMVR.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
But could you tell the difference in a blind test on a DNA device?
I started using the SS430 before the Update that really made TC with SS316L a lot smoother. I'm used to it, like it, so I never saw a reason to stop using it. I understand what you are saying though.

Cheers,
Steve

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Happy Birthday to me :D. Here's a couple of pics of one of my presents. No matter how hard I tried the Red isn't as dark as it is to the eye. I've never had so much trouble getting the color to come out right before. Maybe natural light will be better. It's really a nice dark shade of Red to my eyes.

IMG_20170310_110639_zpsce3awogw.jpg

IMG_20170310_110715_zpscfmmaoj7.jpg

This was the closest picture to the actual color
IMG_20170310_114301_zpsi0ijpgar.jpg

IMG_20170310_114327_zpsuyslbecn.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

:shock: Wait... What??? That's mine, must have been delivered to you by mistake! :lol:

As they've come out with that cover with the silver frame, I may go with the silver because I already have a black frame with the white/black snake skin. Options, ya know. ;)

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
:shock: Wait... What??? That's mine, must have been delivered to you by mistake! :lol:

As they've come out with that cover with the silver frame, I may go with the silver because I already have a black frame with the white/black snake skin. Options, ya know. ;)
I wondered why it was addressed to Debbie in NY :lol::lol::lol:

Cheers,
Steve

Reactions: DebbieNY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread