Low Resistance the way to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I've gone through multiple atomizers (I really like dripping, despite the drawbacks), and I found that 1.5 to 1.8 ohm low resistance atomizers work the best for me at a 4.5 volt setting on my VV). I've had a 3 ohm standard resistance and a lower ohm (not sure specifically of the ohm) standard resistance atomizer, and at multiple voltage settings, both high and low, I didn't (and do not) get near the throat hit and vapor production and flavor from anything other than a LR atty. Anyone else feel the same or want to chime in? Also, finding low resistance anything, whether they're attys or cartos, is freakin' hard to find!

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I too prefer LR atty's and carto's in the 1.5 to 1.7 ohm range, even on my vv stuff. I've tried HV and standard atty's and they just never seem to give me what I'm looking for. I know Ohm's law says it should be the same if you've got 10 watts at 4.2v or 10 watts at 5v, but it doesn't give the same experience from what I've seen.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
If you have an adjustable PV that is the way to go in my book. I have a ego twist, passthrough an a provari. The hr attys limit your options. I still use a drip but I'm fast beginning to prefer my Vivinova 2.5. Easier to change the atty and easier to fill but that's for me.
Thing is a lot of this is subjective. Especially flavors. Man I can't believe all the diff kinds.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I buy in bulk here, BULK 901 801 Joye 510 and 306 atomizers. I order 10 x 1.5 ohm 510's and 10 x 1.7 ohm 901's at a shot, which lasts well over a year. You won't find a better price on genuine Joye 510's from US supplier, and the DSE 901's seem to give better flavor with some juices. The 901 I'm currently using on my SB was first put on way back at the beginning of July so it's coming up on 3 months with almost daily use, plus they're cheaper and all you need is a cheap adapter to run it on 510 gear.

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I started with a joye 510-t kit .. luckily i already read up and also got me a spare LR 510-t atomizer ... I tried the normal ego-c 2.4 on a standard battery ... If you want people swiching, they should really stop selling those 2.4 ego-c kits and make them 2.0 kits or so. If I let someone try a 2.4 they say, hmmm this isn't strong enough. You put the same juice in a LR ego head and they say .. hmm this is quite good

The stardusts at 2.4 could be a bit lower and 2.2 should be better, but hey I'll wrap my own coil :). For dripping atties I never even bothered to try something that was not even labeled as LR. As I recall I have 3 dripomizers from Libertyflights and they are 1.8. Even on a normal ego battery, these just work damn good. I have 2 twists, but thats for vivi nova/stardusts. For the rest I just use LR stuff on my ego batteries. No need for higher voltage, they just work for me

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
2.5 is more "standard" than 3.0 ohms. However, at 3.0 ohms I use 4.8 to 5 volts. Plenty of vapor and TH.

It depends on the device too. I use box mods with dual batteries and voltage regulators either vv or fixed 5 v. So....it may depend on the device and if it's delivering the full volts/amps.

The LR stuff fails quicker IMO. Maybe you need to clean them? You shouldn't need vapor that hot. Most juice burns when voltage is too high on LR. For example 1.5 ohms at 3.7 volts burns the juice...assuming your battery is actually putting out the power. This is a generalization of course. Varies a bit.

+1 on dripping.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
As I explained in another thread, I think 2.5ohm atty is my favorite range since I have more room on my VV device(Provari). Any other VV device should provide the same thing. I can go anywhere from 4.2volts to 5.3volts. Giving me 7 - 11 watts in range. You go to low and you are limited to how low your voltages goes. Go too high and anything past 6 volts will be hard to do. It really depends on where your "Sweet Wattage Spot" is. Mine is 10.85, anything lower for me and I feel I am not getting my flavor I want.

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
I use 1.8 ohms on my Twist and find my sweet spot is about 4.4V, which is about 11 watts. I can use a higher resistance, like 2.5 ohms, but then I couldn't quite get 11 watts, only about 9 watts at 4.8 V. However, it is not that critical for me.

My conclusion is that low resistance is better unless you have something that goes above 4.8v. I also conclude that you don't need more than 4.8V if you use a low resistance atomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread