lung health benefits of vaping?

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by underwater goddess, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. underwater goddess

underwater goddess Senior Member ECF Veteran

I read somewhere that (if a person has smoked analogs) vaping is healthier than just "quitting period" because the PG vapor helps to clean the tar out of the lungs, allowing them to heal faster than they normally would.

Anyone have more info on this? :)

2. Grenage

Grenage Super Member ECF Veteran

I seriously doubt you will find any real evidence to support this. Vaping can't extract the tar in your lungs, and it's more likely to dry them out than help shift it. A hot shower, real steam - that 'might' help.

I wish it would, lol. I wouldn't mind lessening the 16+ years I'll have to wait until most of the damage is undone.

3. vaporAdam

vaporAdam Senior Member ECF Veteran

I havent smoked an analog in 5 days now, since i got my PV, when i wake up in the morning my lungs have been hurting so bad. Taking a few puffs off my e cig makes me cough.. terribly, and again lung pain. This is the reason i decided to stop smoking analogs, and im hoping this lung pain and cough clears up and isnt also caused from the e cig.

4. Grenage

I experienced mild pain and a very tight chest for one week, when I switched. If you are in any doubt, consult a healthcare professional!

5. vaporAdam

vaporAdam Senior Member ECF Veteran

Im pretty sure its just from smoking analogs, this is a normal every morning thing for me from smoking so much.. im just hoping it goes away... no new symptoms from e cigs.. so far the e cigs are satisfying my cravings.

6. Grenage

I believe my issues were down to the switch, it's quite a change. If chest pains continue, you should definitely consult a professional.

7. laurieok

laurieok Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I don't know about anyone else, but for the first time in over 30 years, I have not had a case of bronchitis since I have been vaping. I have been vaping now for over a year. It may just be a coincidence but I feel the pg has helped me with this. Just my .02!

8. Grenage

PG has viricidal properties, so there is very real chance that it is helping. That said, the lack of cigarette smoke is probably playing a large part (assuming you smoked).

9. laurieok

laurieok Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yes! I smoked 2 packs a day for over 40 years!! And I had bronchitis at least once, sometimes 3 times a year for over 30 years. My smokers cough, which was non stop is gone! I truly believe the pg has helped me a lot!

10. Grenage

I used to get bronchitis every time I caught a cold; the things we smokers put ourselves through. I haven't had a cold since I started vaping, so I'm sort of looking forward to seeing if I get it again when I do - as mental as that sounds.

11. glowgirl

glowgirl Super Member ECF Veteran

I did a lung capacity test last week after two months of vaping and came out on the low end of normal. I had been smoking for 27 years and was always short of breath so I was amazed to be back in the healthy range:) Yay vaping!

12. Carlosg

Carlosg Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

It happened to me for trying to drag a e-cig like it was a nalog and specting that instantaneus hit, i wuld inhale lika a dragon, and caused chest pains, they all gone now.

13. Carlosg

Carlosg Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Congrats glow! =D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.