Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I got my third parcel from absolutelyecigs and just when i was about to post pictures, the site was down...

I'm so excited to show off my new toys...

These are more or less my collection from Smoore so far...the white M402 was being charged and i was lazy to take another shot. Shown on the right hand side are my DSE801 and 901, which I've not touched in ages. The left hand side shows the M201, M401 and M402 from longest to shortest.

M Series in closer view. My photography skills might not do them justice but the colors are really nice. Love the black and woodgrain brown colors.

DSE models in closer view.

Introducing everything i have with a jar of liquid (Marlboro High). I've got two more full jars locked up for fear that my 3 year old boy might stumble upon it. Again, the white M402 was being charged and if it was 2 weeks earlier, i'd have the DSE103 included but I have literally thrown it in the trash can.

I suck at taking pictures so go easy on my photography skills....

rkenist

Jan 7, 2009
I got my 402 in :)

Like mentioned before, I was very impressed by the packaging it was in.

I got 2 starter kits, a usb charger, marlboro carts, vanilla carts, mint carts, coffee carts, and rose carts. All items arrived almost as ordered. One box of carts came black instead of brown. Maybe they were just out of brown.

The mint/coffee/rose carts taste like you'd imagine they would. The mint tastes like mint dental floss. No need for breath mints! ;)

The Marlboro carts don't taste like marlboros, but I didn't expect them to. They are still a pleasant flavor.

The Vanilla carts taste the same as the marlboro carts. I don't know if this was a coincidence, or if they sent me Marlboro carts in a Vanilla box.

As far as use, this little machine is awesome. Good vapor, good battery life. The carts seem random, some seem to last much longer than others. This is a non issue if you plan to get liquid and refill yourself though. Now I have 20 carts I can fill up, just need to find good liquid :). I haven't had this long yet so I can't go into longevity.

Shipping took exactly 10 days, 7 to 8 days in China, 2 days from when it arrived in customs, to get to my house. I live in the US.

Overall this was a good dealing. Customer service was good, quality is good, especially considering their prices. I had 1 mishap, black carts instead of brown (only for 1 box of 6). Another potential mishap maybe with the vanilla carts, but I won't be buying more to find out. Maybe somebody else has used Vanilla carts from this supplier? I quite like the mint, even though its like dental floss. It consistently tastes like I just brushed/flossed my teeth, which is cool. :)

I have a question for any that have a 402. Is this supposed to be a 4 hole atomizer? I only see two on mine, can somebody clarify?

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
My first order had 2 holes on atomiser. My other 2 orders all had 4.

I don't know...maybe new and old stock difference?

The 4 hole is slightly better imo but it could be just my imagination.

I don't know about vanilla cos i've only ordered vanilla from other suppliers for my DSE801. I'm still a fan of the Marlboro.

I like their customer service too. They never seem to take more than 2 hours to reply. I didin't have any mishaps with my order but even if i did, i'd probably let it slide (if its not too serious) since its their holiday season and from what i understand, they have massive orders to fulfil during this time. I try to keep my order simple to minimise errors after judasburrito received a different color battery the last time.

Also, they offer so many variations in terms of color, LED, flavors and strength. The person doing the packing must not be enjoying his job.

I like the black battery with blue led very much. The woodgrain battery is cool but the green LED is the same green as the charger LED when it finishes charging. I would have preferred a green that is as neon like as the blue. Its a little dim for my liking.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Can you explain to me how to check the holes on the 402's atomizer? Just to make sure I'm not looking at it wrong.

Also where do you get your marlboro juice from? Afaik Absolutely Ecigs don't carry liquid yet.

You can check for the holes directly on the atomiser. You can find the holes right below the line where the atomiser meets the battery. I hope that makes sense.

As for liquid, I don't really know where i got it from to be honest. I read a thread here on the forums previously about a company called Dekang. It was said that this company supplied to all major e-ciggy manufacturers. I then called my friend in Shenzhen, China and asked him to get some liquid from this company.

About a week later, he sent the liquid by mail to me and the price was similar to Centraltade. I'm sure i could have gotten it cheaper but i didin't wanna sound cheap with the guy. I also did not confirm with him if he indeed had gotten it from Dekang. All i know is i have enough to last me at least 6 months.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Based on your review, Fedor, I ordered an m402 as well. It was just released from US customs last night, so I'm hoping it'll get to me Wednesday or Thursday. I'm so excited! I really hope it's as wonderful as you say ;)

Its been great for me. Best ecigs for me bar none. I'm sure you're gonna like it too. Did you get some liquid from elsewhere? When dripping, always drip a drop or two on the atomiser. Great hit and vapor if you do that. A new unit also take a little while to warm up. If there is a hissing sound, it'll go away with time. All of mine are now hissing sound free....

Theres nothing not to like about it if you ask me. Its cheap, shipping is fixed, lotsa variety in colors, parts and carts and they have good customer service. The only setback is the relatively long shipping time but i can live with that. How long did it take to get yours? Let us know.

Besides, the supplier does not seem to be on the forum. You get real independent reviews from real users without having to worry if its some advertisement in disguise.

themyst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2009
Whitestone, NY
Is there any US or Canadian seller that sells the M201 or M402? I need a relatively fast replacement for my NPRO (which I checked this forum before I bought it) which I will be returning. It seems that the seller posted at the beginning of this thread is not shipping stuff out because of the Chinese New Year and I would like to have it shipped out ASAP if possible. Any links would be appreciated, thanks!

lshap421

Jan 9, 2009
Received my 402's a week or so ago from Absolutely eCigs. So far everything is great. I received my parcel 8 days door to door which is impressive. The boxes they are packaged in is really nice.

So far I love the 402, it is great. I might order some 401 batteries as they last 33% longer, however the look of the 402 is great. Everyone that sees me with it thinks it's a real cigarette (which is what I wanted)...this can lead to dirty looks when vaping in indoor public places, but i'll deal with it. Crazy amount of vapor, great battery life.

The order came with the smart batteries. They turn off after a 5 second inhalation for about 2 minutes, slightly a pain in the ..., but if it saves the atomizer its fine by me. With the amount of vapor it produces, 5 seconds is plenty. Also, when the cart is running dry the light flickers to prevent you from burning up the atomizer which is cool.

In hindsight I should have bought extra batteries, and more atomizers (I ordered 2 extras).

I received the 2-hole model of the atomizer, slightly bummed about that. Not the biggest deal, but the 4-hole model as I understand allows more air in, making for a smoother draw.

Few questions to anyone that owns 401/2/evo:

-when dripping on the atomizer, do you drip on the steel wool arch, or directly into the heating element thru the 2 gaps on the sides of the arch?
-has anyone been cleaning their 401/2/evo atomizers and if so how?
-what has the average life of your atomizers been? (i am still on my first)
-i ordered the JC sampler kit (if i read more reviews about the liquid turning green or killing atomizers i probably would have held off). hopefully they have ironed out the kinks. has anyone had trouble with the JC liquid killing their 401/2/evo atomizers?

kdix

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2009
Texas
Ok Fedor, you were right on about the M402... it is AMAZING! I've had it about 8 hours, still using the same battery and cart. My 901 would have needed a battery change and several fill-ups by now. I think I'll be returning it in the next few days if the M402 keeps performing this well. I can't get over the vapor, throat hit, battery and cart life of this little beauty. So far it's been perfect, IMO :D

Thanks again for the review and recommendation.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Has anybody tried the M201,

You mean besides me?

I've pretty much detailed all i can remember in my review. Let me know if i left out anything.

I will not say they are significantly better. I actually hate to say this cos i'm an ardent pen supporter. Besides the cart life, everything seems to be equal for some reason.

For that, i am now permanently using the M401 and M402, brown and black respectively.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Can anyone give me the specific differences between the peewee from puresmoker and the M402? Up until I found this thread I was all but sold on the peewee now I am not sure.

I do not own a peewee but puresmoker has a stellar reputation here.

If you are in the US and wish to purchase locally i.e: not willing to wait for a week or more, then steve will be a great choice to purchase an e-cigarette from, based on his credentials with other members.

However, if you plan to stock on parts and carts and do not mind waiting for a bit, i strongly recommend the M401/ 402. You will not regret this purchase. Its without a doubt the best ecigs i've owned. Check out my reviews in this thread.

Their shipping charges are fixed at $15. Do take advantage of that and order ample amounts of supplies. You'll get to save quite a bit. They are also having a promotion during their holiday season that you might wanna check out Welcome to Absolutely eCigs! Buy e-Cigarettes/ Electronic Cigarettes Online Direct from Manufacturer! - Home

lshap421

Jan 9, 2009
On absolute ecigs it says their new batteries have multiple holes for easier draw. All my batteries only have one hole. Anyone have multiple holes on theirs?

Also, one of my batteries is acting flaky, I have to suck really hard on it...it fails a decent amount as well, not lighting up at all. It still holds a good charge, must be a problem with the switch. Anyone ever have this problem? I've only had my 402 for a week or so too. I will write to customer service and see what they say. They have been great thus far, I'm sure they won't disappoint...

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
How are the atomizers holding up on the M401? I'm of the mindset that believes atomizers should not be considered 'consumables' and so warranty and lifespan are important to me.
Thanks!
If warranties are important to you, you should not buy from China suppliers. I also share the same opinion that atomisers and even batteries are consumables and will not last long. Buying from China will mean that you have to bear shipping costs for them to honour warranties and replacements. Most of the time, that will not be worthwhile and you are better off just buying new parts. Sometimes, even returning to local suppliers will not be worthwhile depending on the situation. As for lifespan, they are doing great for me as I've had them for more than a month and they work fine.

Does anyone know if the M-201 atomizers on the "Absolutely" site will fit Steve's USB passthrough?
I don't think they will fit as my M201 did not fit any DSE batteries.

On absolute ecigs it says their new batteries have multiple holes for easier draw. All my batteries only have one hole. Anyone have multiple holes on theirs?

Also, one of my batteries is acting flaky, I have to suck really hard on it...it fails a decent amount as well, not lighting up at all. It still holds a good charge, must be a problem with the switch. Anyone ever have this problem? I've only had my 402 for a week or so too. I will write to customer service and see what they say. They have been great thus far, I'm sure they won't disappoint...
I also have one extra hole on all my M401 and M402. I think the multiple holes they have are for the M201 cos there really are multiple holes on the M201 battery.

In my DSE models, i usually experience your battery issues when i overcharge my batteries. Leave them overnight too many times and leaving the batteries in the charger for prolonged periods will cause thinning of the layer where the battery meets the atomiser (i hope that makes sense). When that happens, i believe that it is more difficult for the atomiser to detect the battery and vice versa. Unless you dropped it hard or overcharged (left it in the charger all the time), there should be no problems. Batteries usually are either good on the get go or faulty upon arrival. I don't recall having any that acted up on me after only a week or two or perhaps i was lucky.

If your battery is faulty, i'm sure they will honour your replacement but will it be worthwhile for you to send it back to them?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread