Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie58

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Florida,U.S.A.
After using my 201 for about a month I thought I should share my impressions with the comunity.
It has become my number one PV followed by my Joye 510.
Most days I use my 201 switching off with the 510 when I feel the need to give it a rest for a while.
The 201 in my opinion has ample vapor for my needs not as much as the 510 but close.
The carts still wick almost completely dry. When I pull out the batting there is just enogh juice in it to get on my fingers even though it looks empty.
When ever it slows down on the wicking and starts to leave more in I know it is time to either rinse out the filler or if old enough to change it. Also Fluval works as a good filler, almost as good as the origional but lots better than plain poly fill.
On most flavors I feel that it is better a more balanced taste than my 510, not bringing any one component to the front instead of others.
The battery life is excelent for a PV that isn't a mod.
I can kill my 510 in about 15-20 minutes when on a vape a thon.
The 201 battery lasts anywhere from 2 1/2 -3 hrs.
When working where i don't vape constantly just 10-15 drags every 20-30 minutes it will last me all day.
Charging time, I've found that it takes 2 1/2 - 3 hrs to completely charge a dead battery.
The new versus the old 201s After using the new 201 a bit more I have found with the new batteries the draw is a little easier with the new ones but the draw on the older batteries doesn't seem to be any harder than it was on them with my old attys. That may just mean I should let my old attys rest and maybe give them a good cleaning to restore air flow.
I,ve cleaned them a couple of times but no more than a short soak in hot water, blow them out good and use a paper clip to make sure the holes in the mesh were aligned.
Well My pain pill is kicking in so I'd better go before I make no sense at all.
Over all I would have no problem recomending the 201 to any one wanting a pen style e cig. I know it takes me a lot more tweaking and spare parts to get as much out of my 510 than the 201.

Charlie58

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Florida,U.S.A.
One thing I forgot to mention I can feel the vapor well in the back of my throat with most liquids. Well enough that I've gradualy went from 24 mg down to 16, and am trying 12.
The vapor isn't as warm as the 510s so if someone wants a real warm vapor it may not be what they are looking for. But I think that the pluses make up for this as far as my preferences go.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Thank you, Charlie! From what supplier have you purchased your M201?

I received my first M201 atty and battery from LiteCigUSA.net a couple weeks ago. My very first impressions were pretty positive, but the atty died on me on the third day. I sent it back and Shawn sent me a replacement.

I was truly enjoying this replacement atty - more than any other non-modified e-cig I've ever used (e.g., DSE801 or BE112, Joye510, KR808D-1) - to the point that I was planning to write a glowing review of it. However, that one died yesterday (after four days of use).

Have I just gotten a couple lemons? Is there a better source? Something I might be doing wrong? [BTW, I drip, rather than use carts. I believe I always keep the wick moist. And I am hardly a newbie at vaping.]

I really like the M201 and want it to work. I am hoping it can become a long-term PV for me.

Any advice (from any M201 user) would be appreciated!

CherylH

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
San Joaquin Valley, California
I'm a big time newbie, but I've found my m201 doesn't like thick juice. I don't drip; I use the carts.

There seems to be some type of gasket (non-techno female here) that holds a bunch of liquid in the atty. i.e. even when I think I've blown it out, liquid seeps back in. They work best for me if I use one set of atties one day and let them drain and while using an alternate set the following day.

I also load 2-3 and alternate between them so I don't overheat them during use. I tend to have a several heavy vaping sessions throughout the day rather than just a puff here and there.

I'm still making lots of newbie errors, so take this with a large dose of salt. ;-)

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I'm a big time newbie, but I've found my m201 doesn't like thick juice. I don't drip; I use the carts.

There seems to be some type of gasket (non-techno female here) that holds a bunch of liquid in the atty. i.e. even when I think I've blown it out, liquid seeps back in. They work best for me if I use one set of atties one day and let them drain and while using an alternate set the following day.

I also load 2-3 and alternate between them so I don't overheat them during use. I tend to have a several heavy vaping sessions throughout the day rather than just a puff here and there.

I'm still making lots of newbie errors, so take this with a large dose of salt. ;-)
Thank you, Cheryl! You may be a "newbie," but you have more experience with the M201 than an oldbie:D like me.

Since I liked it so much, I think I may have overused it; I only bought one atty and one batt (I already had an 801 charger, that works fine with the 201 battery). Perhaps I should just jump in with both feet and buy at least two atomizers (and an additional battery) so I can give one of them a rest, while I use the other.

Charlie58

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Florida,U.S.A.
I got my first 201 from Beyond technologies from the link for the ECF special in the suppliers forum.
I bought my second kit wit a spare atty from AbsolutelyCigsbecause I kept getting errors at the Beyond Technologies site when checking out, if it works ok now it is a better deal on two complete cigs. The first kit was recieved within a week from ordering. Also a weeks delivery on the second even though it shipped from China The week before Christmas.
The first kit were the four hole ones and the second the no hole ones if that makes a difference. I also rotate between two attys and just tonight rinsed one of my first ones out in a pot of boiling water blew it out and it works good as new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread